IGNORED

More 360

Beertiger

Just a tip for you lot as I'm so nice.

If you're streaming music from your PC HDD, and you don't like the track or whatever, you can control what's playing with your remote control.

i.e. while playing a game, you can hit ffwd to skip to the next track that's streamed from the PC.

Nice eh?

Fantastic tip, thank you muchly.

I think the idea is that your PC is in your home office\study\bedroom or wherever while your 360 is under the TV in the living room.    Network them together and you have a very cool system.

And your XBox's TV output is probably better than your PC's TV output (at least - I've far more control of the output over composite than I have over VGA/DVI).

Isn't it possible to transfer the photos, taken in PGR3, to an usb stick, or to the pc?

I mean, how stupid is that?! (if not possible - I can't see how)

No. But that might be patched.

I'd imagine there's some "security" concerns to overcome. Any connection between the 360 and a PC is going to be the first route in for teh haxx00rs.

does the xbox360 support VOB files? Basically.. what I want to do is start ripping my DVDs and streaming it to a media centre. The xbox360's interface looks by far to be the best, with a wireless controller, simple arcade games and the ability to play some 360 games as well, a good component dvd player.. it's a very good machine. My PC is always on, so streaming isn't an issue for me.

What is an issue is an inability to play region 1 DVDs... however... I'm assuming I can rip them and stream as AVIs?

Does WMCE allow you to rip a DVD into a suitable format for streamage - I suppose that's what I'm asking.

Sorry, I know it's not totally relevent to the thread, but I need to ask - do ALL Xbox360 wired controllers work on a PC with Windows XP SP2? Amazon has 2 listings, which appear to be one wireless controller that does work, and one that doesnt. I need to know ASAP because I want to buy a controller for my PC.

Sorry, I know it's not totally relevent to the thread, but I need to ask - do ALL Xbox360 wired controllers work on a PC with Windows XP SP2? Amazon has 2 listings, which appear to be one wireless controller that does work, and one that doesnt. I need to know ASAP because I want to buy a controller for my PC.

.::: Wired works (with drivers downloaded from MS). Wireless will not (not even with USB cable attached). That's the current situation AFAIK.

Amazon might be listing two controllers, as the wired one was also released seperately for PC with the drivers included on disc. The X360 one doesn't have these drivers but you can download them for free at microsoft.com (or xbox.com or something like that). In the end, just be sure to get a wired one for PC-use.

Not sure if its been posted already, but anyone running MCE and is lazy when it comes to encoding, this little app seems to work fairly well. Tried it with a couple of Lost episodes in DivX and the quality is pretty reasonable and encode time was also pretty respectable.

There's some cool stuff on the marketplace now. A FIFA demo, the 720p trailer for Lost Planet and 'Do you want to' music video by Franz Ferdinand.

Oh there's also a 720p video of Audioslave live. Haven't got that yet though, getting FIFA first to see how much it rocks. Hopefully they'll sort the messy interface out soon. I mean what's wrong with having a seperate listings for each thing. Chucking everything in together is just confusing. You'd have thought that at least Music Videos and Film Trailers would both have little categories.