IGNORED

Geometry Wars Evolved

twohe

this game is ace - can't score more than 50K at the mo' :ph34r:  and that pacifist achievement is elusive.

is that the survive for the first 60 seconds without shooting? Got that one B), not easy like and its hard to not count the full 60 seconds in your head..

is that the survive for the first 60 seconds without shooting?  Got that one  B), not easy like and its hard to not count the full 60 seconds in your head..

I've not got it yet, but I swear sometimes it feels like I've been dodging around for at least two minutes. I'll have to use a kitchen timer or put on a one-minute long song.

I think around 120k is my best so far. I usually panic with the smart bombs when those trail-leaving enemies appear, and then I don't have any insurance left. I'm getting better at dodging, though, your confidence grows and you start flinging yourself through tiny gaps. Until I have to, though, I keep stationary against a wall.

When you start getting the weapons that disrupt the playing field the game is awesome. And the pause before the music kicks in after a smart bomb is lush, too. They should release a set of Lumines-style skin/music packs for this.

I've not got it yet, but I swear sometimes it feels like I've been dodging around for at least two minutes. I'll have to use a kitchen timer or put on a one-minute long song.

I think you get a little jingle when you complete the full 60. It does feel like you have been dodging around for ages when you are counting it out in your head. Its best to just forget about the time and just concentrate on being dodgey.

LOL thats ace. I didnt think of that, was trying to look at my wrist to see how long i had been playing, that obviously didnt work :).

edit: the multiplier, that just increases the more you shoot stuff right, there's no other crazy technique to it is there?

LOL thats ace. I didnt think of that, was trying to look at my wrist to see how long i had been playing, that obviously didnt work :unsure:.

edit: the multiplier, that just increases the more you shoot stuff right, there's no other crazy technique to it is there?

Not as far as I know. Note that the top scorer on Live hasn't actually got the 10x multipler achievement...

Striker has 2,905,445  :P

My highest is about 200,000 odd, there's a massive difficulty spike at about 150,000 where I just lose all my lives.

My highest so far is 186,000 approx and that was my 2nd/3rd ever go, can I get a prize or something?

Oh and pacifist was really easy I found did that on my second attempt, you end up with a troop of the blighters following you around :)

If you dont believe me just click on the gamercard ;), just gutted I have to wait 19 days to play it some more.

I just got 126,200 the following game after I had just declared that it was impossible to get over 100k. Pity I haven't bought the game yet so I doesn't save my score.

EDIT: Just had a quick go at the 60 seconds without firing challenge by looking at the trial version's countdown to see my time. I got 57 seconds on my first go and I would have easily done the full 60 if I didn't keep looking at the clock ;)

I just got 126,200 the following game after I had just declared that it was impossible to get over 100k. Pity I haven't bought the game yet so I doesn't save my score.

EDIT: Just had a quick go at the 60 seconds without firing challenge by looking at the trial version's countdown to see my time. I got 57 seconds on my first go and I would have easily done the full 60 if I didn't keep looking at the clock :ph34r:

The problem is the full versions doesn't have the timer.

So you've no idea. And the tension keeps mounting...

(There's also some variance in what enemies turn up when.)

Im so addicted to this its untrue, infact its had more playtime than all of my other retail titles put together...

...best score so far is 255,000 ish, still chasing Footles 350,000

I find the fact that people have scores in the millions utterly bewildering!

Its "in the zone" gaming at its very, very best.

I put this on last night as my first toe dipping into live arcade. I'd then purchased it within about 3 goes.

Currently maxing out at 95k, those snakey things that leave a trail always put it through me.

Just love the feel of the game, so retro.....yet so next gen. Awesomeness defined

I got 130k, but I can't tell the difference between evil geometric shapes and colored particles, bullets and explosions afther that. Is it sensible to not shoot the red circles? They are the main reason for my confusion.

I try to shoot them as quickly as possible, seem to get about 1000 or thereabouts for everyone then. Mind you this is only after 30 mins play, so I'm no expert.

I try to shoot them as quickly as possible, seem to get about 1000 or thereabouts  for everyone then. Mind you this is only after 30 mins play, so I'm no expert.

I try and shoot them as quickly as possible at first, and then just when I've a moment's free time later (they're bizarrely useful for avoiding confusion because they'll sweep up large numbers of baddies, and as long as you're a decent distance from them when they explode...).

Black holes in the middle of playing field worry me more than those in the corners.

I'd *love* to see a video of one of those guys with a 2,000,000+ score though. We'd probably find that all our "advice" is utterly wrong!

I've got a theory about the black holes that I need to test out properly later.

The more ships they suck in, the bigger score you get for them, and I think that you if you shoot them intermitently, they "slow down", but keep sucking in enemy ships. i.e. you should be able to keep them "alive" for longer and hence get more points off them.

I've got a theory about the black holes that I need to test out properly later.

The more ships they suck in, the bigger score you get for them, and I think that you if you shoot them intermitently, they "slow down", but keep sucking in enemy ships. i.e. you should be able to keep them "alive" for longer and hence get more points off them.

Yep.. I think youre right. Got 4,500 off one of them earlier by doing the above