IGNORED

Geometry Wars Evolved

twohe

562k. After an earlier 496k today.

Got to 350k without dying... then my heart rate went up a bit.

661k. Lost lots of lives between 500k and 600k, but it's easy enough to see how that score could just shoot up with just an extra 5 seconds or so per life.

Holy moley, the guy at the top has 4 million plus... did that happen in the last couple of days? I could have sworn it was lower and less depressing than that last time I looked...

I had a glance at his gamercard, and as far as I can tell GW is the only game he has - now that's commitment.

I'm at the stage now where the black holes are turning this into a resource management game on angel dust - trigger four of them off and circle round, leading and herding creatures into them and trying to capitalise on the points before they blow. Then three of them get caught together in a horribly complicated gravitational dance, and on top of that a sudden invasion of green critters maxes one out almost instantly. Lesser men would reach for a smart bomb; I stick it out and, invariably, die.

Anyone got any tips? Once I reach the 100k mark it just gets too mental for me to cope, its just constantly mental, even if you use a smark bomb, before its even reached the edge of the screen, the center is already full of things again.

I do think some of it is down to luck, what type of objects you get generating, especially in huge numbers. Im also finding it hard to aim just straight, eg up, down, left and right on the analogue stick, its always off just a notch.

You have to adopt a strategy for each type of enemy that becomes very important when they spawn en masse. The blue diamonds you can just charge at shooting ahead. The green ones might be harder to hit but will run from your bullets, so you can clear a path. The purple ones you ideally want to be firing backwards at because they split up into smaller pieces. Etc. etc. I've also found that every situation in which I've previously panicked and triggered a bomb can be handled normally with a bit of confidence - you can make it through that gap, and you can take out that gang of worms. Even the massive swarms of tiny 'x's are conquerable - I try and save my bombs now for when gravity wells go horribly wrong.

Four million, though, that's ridiculous. Then again, I'dve said that about 300k a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone got any tips? Once I reach the 100k mark it just gets too mental for me to cope, its just constantly mental, even if you use a smark bomb, before its even reached the edge of the screen, the center is already full of things again.

I do think some of it is down to luck, what type of objects you get generating, especially in huge numbers. Im also finding it hard to aim just straight, eg up, down, left and right on the analogue stick, its always off just a notch.

its not down to luck. I never score below 350k now. its down to reflexes mroe than anything. just immediately around your ship and dont sweat too much.

I'm up to 330k now and am starting to get the reflexes together to play the game at that level. I can see how the high scores develop, especially if you can survive on that first life for a long time and start racking up yoru multiplyer.

Cheers, I got that score a little while ago, and ever since I've managed to screw up somehow just shy of it. I didn't realise until yesterday the scores had bumped up to the 6mil range, no doubt that guy had a decent run with a big multiplier a few times, if he managed to clear a few waves in a row later on then he probabily would have made a extra million or two easily. The problem is getting lots waves that are easier to clear without the use of bombs (the blue diamonds from all corners is probabily the best), but as its random you might get a run of really bad ones, breaking your multiplier and generally screwing everything up...

Finally managed to get the 100K achievement after trying for about a month! Then managed a high score of just over 200K on my very next go, I came so close to getting the survived 100K, a few hundred short. Can't do the Pacifism thing though. I really do not have a talent for this sort of a game at all, still damn addictive though.

Have the random score resets finished now then?

If so I'll set about beating Footles score tonight :P

oy ya's got to beat my 423,000 first :D

Just unlocked the Survived 250,000 achievement. If someone told me I'd be getting to 250k without losing a life last month, I'd have called them barefaced lying bastiches :)

Now to hit 500,000 -_-