Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Well that is weird. I was watching a video of Toki only the other day after the name popped into my head.

Now, maybe the versions were a bit different, but I seem to remember it being bit naff when I borrowed my mate's copy for the Megadrive. And quite hard too. But mainly naff.

I really like the look of that, I played Toki loads on the Amiga, even though it was bloody nails...

Not sure if I'd actually buy it though but I do like the visuals at least, as has been mentioned, at least they didn't make it with annoying polygon models like Rocket Knight - I much prefer really crisp detailed 2D sprites etc than (normally) flat and boring 3D models in 2D.

So today's arcades games. Tower Bloxx just seems far too simple for my liking, the single button interaction just got monotonous quickly. Panzar General could actually be quite good, but it came across as rather complex and generally i prefer nice and simple boardgames like carcassone or catan. I'll pass on Tower Bloxx, but I'll give Panzar another go to see whether I can get my head around it all.

Ooh, thanks thread for alerting me to Toki! I hadn't seen it mentioned elsewhere, and it's a nice nostalgic surprise. I seem to remember the game having some catchy music, I think it's a boss theme or something that's still stuck in my head to this day...

Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure also coming next week. (in Japan only?)

Taito has revealed that not only is the Xbox Live Arcade version of WiiWare's Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure! real, but it's coming out in Japan on October 28, which means it could be out worldwide at the same time.

A Japanese press release contained a single screen , confirming that the game looks pretty much just like the WiiWare version with bigger UI elements -- it's still kind of a mess, visually, and it still features those weirdly human-sized characters; instead of the adorably round Bub and Bob we grew up with. Towering Adventure also differs from the arcade classic by making the ascent up the game's tower a continuous pursuit, even during boss battles.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/23/rainbow-...xbla-next-week/

Has there been any kind of rumours around Turrican on XBLA? That and Chuck Rock would make me very happy indeed, but I'd settle for Turrican.

I've long sought a release of (Amiga) Turrican 1 and 2 on Live Arcade, seems amazing that they haven't resurfaced in some way. There was some mumbling from Factor 5 which seemed to indicate that they might appear on Live and PSN, but I can't seem to trace it at the moment. Even if I could, it was a while ago and didn't come to anything.

Axel and Pixel is a weird one isn't it? I quite like it in a strange way but it all feels very random, it seems like I'm just solving everything by accident. It reminds me a little bit of Zack and Wiki in that you're never really sure what anything will do, but without all the insta-deaths and crappy motion controls.

Can I just make it quite clear that YoHo Kablammo is the worst videogame I have ever played?

Thanks.

It bothers me that MS saw fit to pluck this one out of XBIG obscurity and make it into a full release. I have no idea how it came second in DreamBuildPlay. It's one of the scrappiest and worst XBLA games I've ever seen.