Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Hydro Thunder DLC as well this week? Outstanding :)

Downloading it now! :omg:

XBLA has just gone nuts these past couple of weeks: Super Meatboy, Costume Quest, Undead Nightmare, Hydro Thunder DLC & Pinball FX2 (which doesnt seem to want to DL at the mo) all battling for attention!

I'm hyped for Pinball FX 2. I hope it's working OK by the time I finish work.

Shame the high scores from the original tables don't carry over. I doubt I'll ever emulate my 479 million score that tops my friends leaderboard by about 200 million.

It was ok for me - liked how it knew what ones to grab.

The friends integration in it is outstanding and I'm loving the newer tables.

How much are the new tables? 200 MS moonbones like Pinball FX 1? I was playing a bit of that last night. Forgot how cool the SFII table is.

How much are the new tables? 200 MS moonbones like Pinball FX 1? I was playing a bit of that last night. Forgot how cool the SFII table is.

Yeah 200 a table - I just bought the 4 new ones for 800 - it lets you try any table for free before you buy :)

It's awesome.

Do some work ye' lazy get! ;)

I'm trying - there's too much coolness on XB today - TR tonight !!!

The overhauled physics on Pinball FX2 are excellent. The linked in challenges/comparisons are wicked too. It just needs more people to update their game and for me not to suck.

You are beating my 3 year old so far... :)

Add me for Pinball too. The simple things they've done like notifying you when you're within touching distance of a friend's high score on a table (taking a hint from Geo Wars 2) as well as the spangly graphics and physics overhauls make this a real keeper. I need more people to compete with, dammit!

EDIT: I think I realise why they haven't imported the scores from the first game for those that have it. I'm sure on some tables they've changed the point values, presumably to harmonise the scores as a part of this overall score thing.

SECOND EDIT: Ooh, nifty. It seems they've made new achievements, even for imported tables from the first game. I now have a total of 550 GS to reach with Pinball FX 2.

Added a few of you to compare scores with. My gamertag is Big Gus73.

I'm still pretty rubbish on the new tables but there's a lot to learn. The classic tables updated are great, especially for free if you already owned them. My most impressive effort is nearly 37m on the Street Fighter II table.

I'm also well up for some Pinball score action, even the snooze-fest that was racking up a ridiculous score on Agents seems to have been given a new lease of life with the updated engine. Only had a quick go at the new tables but I was struggling to work some of them out, that water effect on the aqueducts for the Rome level was a bit offputting for one and they all seemed a bit busy compared to the old ones. The Arabian table is brilliant though, spent most of my time there and still scored bugger all. Tempted to pick up the ones I never bought from FX1 - Nightmare, Earth Defense and Excalibur (when the hell did those last two even come out?!) - amazing what a draw a few achievements is these days.

edit: Gah, that'll put me a mere 200 points of the redemption offer! Bollocks. Limbo or Plants vs. Zombies then, which is more likely to get a future reduction? Only two I fancy that I've not picked up already.

Pinball FX2 is awesome and great example of how to do a sequel properly. As a 'free' upgrade to the first game it's a steal already but the pack of new tables are a massive improvement compared to the previous ones. That Pasha table is high score crack mixed with crystal meth.