Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Loving Pinball FX2 as I knew I would, but slightly annoyed that the scores from PFX1 don't carry over to 2.

I assume with the new physics engine they felt it was unfair to carry the scores over. It's also good as everyone can play the leaderboards from scratch :)

Prepare to be upset ;) Still, not as upset as me - the chap above me in my list has me beat by 20 million :(

Yes! Beating my Geo Wars 2 Deadline score by 10 mil is just the perfect amount. I know I can do it, but it's not going to be easy. And you beat my Sequence score by 40 mil too, I'd best get busy...

In the end I went for Costume Quest. Tried the demo for a bit and thought, this is fun. Played it for a couple hours last night and I'm onto the second area.

And completed it tonight. Probably only around 5-6 hours long. It was quite fun though.

I don't know if it's a mistake, but KoF 2002 Unlimited Match has become available. You have to browse for it under K, but it's there and I'm currently downloading it. If it's a perfect port of the PS2 version it's one of the best beat 'em ups ever made.

(maybe the best).

EDIT: Probably not worth buying now, as it signs you out of Live when you boot up, meaning it's stuck in trial mode. Clearly it's up by accident.

EDIT 2: I'm an idiot. Of course you can play offline on the console you bought it on.

Can anyone tell me why Xbox Live frequently craps out and tells me some services are temporarily unavailable? I want to download Super Meat Boy at work, god fucking damnit!

Afraid I can't tell you why but I can confirm that mine's done it a few times lately too ?!?!

Is this 800 points deal only till today? I was hoping Costume Quest would get a Halloween deal but doesn't look like it now and I want to get it.

fuck it, bought it anyway.

A reminder to all that today is the last day of the 'spend 2400 points and get 800 back' promotion - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Press/archive/2010/0930-thankyougift

I'm so picking up Crazy Taxi (minus Bad Religion and Offspring *sigh*) with those free points next month.

I can't even look at my pending downloads- just get a "can't connect" error.

Only thing you can do is try again later. Lots of users have had similar problems with Live lately. If MS don't sort it out and Live keels over with upcoming update and the launch of Kinect, it won't make the best of impressions on the new 'non-hardcore' audience they're hoping to attract.

Can you only do it once? Ive spent about 4000 points so far this month so if I can get 1600 back spending 4800 then I might get another game today

Only once.

The Details

Purchase at least 2400 Microsoft Points worth of Xbox LIVE Arcade and/or Game add-on content between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) October 1 and 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2010 and receive 800 Microsoft Points added automatically to your membership. Limit one gift per person. The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.

This week on Live...

Deal of the Week.

Snoopy Flying Ace - 400msp

Risk: Factions - 400msp

Blade Kitten - 600msp

Live Arcade

King of Fighters 2002 Ultimate Match - 800msp (this is already out, Live Arcade > all games > K)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels - 800msp (unconfirmed price)

Auditorium - 800 MSP

:)

Is there any way of checking your recent downloads / purchases? I'm pretty sure I've gone over 2400 this month, but I'm not certain. Super Meat Boy (800msp), Undead Nightmare (800msp), a couple of Dead Rising 2 costumes (320msp), MW2 map pack (600msp). I'm not sure if they were all this month though...

[edit]Found it on xbox.com[/edit]

Also, when do I get the 1600msp for paying for the "discounted" 24 month renewal a while back?

Is there any way of checking your recent downloads / purchases? I'm pretty sure I've gone over 2400 this month, but I'm not certain. Super Meat Boy (800msp), Undead Nightmare (800msp), a couple of Dead Rising 2 costumes (320msp), MW2 map pack (600msp). I'm not sure if they were all this month though...

[edit]Found it on xbox.com[/edit]

Also, when do I get the 1600msp for paying for the "discounted" 24 month renewal a while back?

Yep, go to Xbox.com and check recent transactions.

Based on what you've listed above, you haven't actually qualified for the 800msp redeem as you're a couple hundred MS points short. (only game add ons and Live arcade games were part of the promotion)

Should be within 6-8 weeks. :)

Sweet! Didn't realise FX2 was out - instabuy. Loved the first one, but was always depressed with Cheeko's scores :/

Add me! (Fondue)

I got my xbox back the other day and took a look on the GW2 leaderboards, a few of my scores have been taken (I'm looking at you stiff_one) so I may get back into it.