Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Oh christ yes! I'm rubbish at it because I've got no memory, but it's a re-imagining of Galaga along the same lines as Namco did for Pacman to make the Championship Editions. Tweaked enough to make it very different, but retaining enough of the flavour of the original to ring plenty of bells. Not the same game at all, but very much worth playing. I just wish I had the memory to be any good at it at all. It's a thing of beauty if you've got the brain for it, I reckon.

Yeah I really liked Galaga Legions too, well worth 400 points imo, it's not quite like any other shooter you'll play.

Capsized - Shipwrecked Gameplay

Quite liked the look of that until all the action kicked off towards the end of the trailer.. Was looking a bit like an updated version of Nodes of Yesod on the speccy.. for anyone old enough to remember :P

Picked up Hydrophobia considering it was 400points and supposedly had a load of stuff fixed.

Oh god. If it's this bad now I dread to think what it was like before the patch. Ropey as hell 'platforming', god awful animation, and then there's that Scottish bloke. For some reason as well, when I was walking forward and took my hand off the stick my character kept walking forward, I had to pull back on the stick just so she'd stop. :blink: The thing that made me turn it off though was when I got to the shooting bits. It's like I was playing a launch day PSOne game. Horrible. 400 points is still too much for this dross.

Man, me and my brother just tried out the trial version of an older game: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. Completely random choice, but we played it a couple of times and both instantly bought it.

It's just hilarious - if you're looking for something to play with some mates, give this a try. It's mental fun. I can imagine it being an excellent party game. The controls are really simple but there's quite a lot going on - it's not realistic at all. You can smash your opponents all over the place and there are mental power ups thrown into the mix (which can be turned off), such as super speed, super shot, banana peels and hilariously making your opponent's goalkeeper tiny:

Oh christ yes! I'm rubbish at it because I've got no memory, but it's a re-imagining of Galaga along the same lines as Namco did for Pacman to make the Championship Editions. Tweaked enough to make it very different, but retaining enough of the flavour of the original to ring plenty of bells. Not the same game at all, but very much worth playing. I just wish I had the memory to be any good at it at all. It's a thing of beauty if you've got the brain for it, I reckon.

I slightly disagree with this in that I think it's really very different from Galaga, certainly much further removed from it than PacMan CE is from the originals. I don't disagree at all with it being well worth the 400 points though. It is really good.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene is better, mind. Everyone should buy that. Even if the evolution geek references don't make you as excited as they did me.

This week on Xbox Live...

Deals of the Week

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project - 400msp

Space Invaders Infinity Gene - 400msp

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400msp

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - 400msp

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 400msp

Galaga Legions - 400msp

Live Arcade

TNT Racers - 800msp

Stacking - 1200msp

:)