Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

I d\l demo onto HD and had no problems at all. Does anyone know if you can play online co op as well?. If you can, I may well get this

Couple of reviews here

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/hard_corps_uprising/b/xbox360/archive/2011/02/08/hard-corps-uprising-review-everything-a-contra-fan-could-ask-for-except-the-name.aspx

http://gamesugar.net/2011/02/11/review-hard-corps-uprising/

I d\l demo onto HD and had no problems at all. Does anyone know if you can play online co op as well?. If you can, I may well get this

You sure can, dude. One of the achievements looks like finishing the Arcade mode in co-op.

Personally, I think it's a cracking game going by the first few stages. Could be very, very tough later on though - but there's a lot in it, and I'm a sucker for shops and upgrades.

Revival: Sorry man, it's fine for me and I can't think of anything else that could be causing it. If you're not on a tight cap, maybe try redownloading it or emailing Microsoft about it?

Here is a look at some of the upcoming content scheduled for the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.* See blog post I’ll make for many of these for pricing and/or regional availability and follow me on Twitter for updates.

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :

Week of February 21 – Tom Clancy:

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection, 200 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection 200 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Deniable Ops: Insurgency 400 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Chapter 2, 300 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. Air Supremacy, 400 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 All-in-one Pack, 400 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Escalation, 200 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, 600 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Outfit, 200 points (50 percent off)

Week of February 28:

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, 400 Points (Save 50%)

**Special pricing available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members

Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace:

February 22: Homefront Collection

Xbox LIVE Arcade: House Party time!

February 23: Bejeweled Blitz LIVE, 800 Microsoft Points

March 2: Beyond Good & Evil HD, 800 Microsoft Points

*Current schedule. Subject to change.

All content may not be available in all Xbox LIVE regions.

NIN-2 JUMP Announced.

Cave's next Xbox Live Arcade game won't be a shooter. Up next for the shooting masters is an original scrolling action game called Nin-2 Jump (pronounced Nin Nin Jump).

Announced at Cave's Akihabara press conference and demo event today, Nin Nin Jump puts you in control of Nin Ja, a powerful ninja in the service of the castle. You'll have to work through various stages in an effort to save Princess Sakura who's been kidnapped by the evil ninja Namakura.

Gameplay promises to be simple, with players making use of jumps and ninja actions. As you progress through the game, you'll unlock additional ninja actions. Examples include:

Chain

Toss a chain at hooks on walls to dash from wall to wall.

Ninja Power

Build up ninja power by collecting scrolls. When you unleash your stored ninja power, you can dash through the stages while taking out enemies.

In the screenshots, you'll notice some silhouette figures watching the action. Those are meant to be spectators -- specifically kids watching a "shadow play." The kids will show different reactions based off your play.

The game offers two modes:

Adventure Mode

Work through the story as you play through five worlds. Each world consists of 10 stages, which you clear by collecting all the scrolls laying about. At the end of each world, you'll find a boss waiting. Clear a world, and you'll gain new ninja actions.

Score Attack Mode

Part survival and part score attack, this mode has you kill as many enemies as you can before your life runs out. Enemies appear endlessly. By making consecutive kills, you'll get a large amount of score items which can increase your score.

Both modes are compatible with network rankings. Adventure mode's ranking is based off time. Score Attack's ranking is based off score.

Nin-2 Jump is due for Xbox Live Arcade release some time this year.

Screens at the link

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/19/nin_nin_jump_preview/

:)

This week on Xbox Live...

Deal of the Week

DLC

* Splinter Cell Conviction Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 MS Points (Normally 800)

* Tom Clancy’s Hawx Air Supremacy - 400 MS Points (Normally 800)

* Tom Clancy’s Hawx 2 All in One Pack - 400 MS Points (Normally 800)

* Tom Clancy’s GRAW 2 Co-op Collection - 200 MS Points (Normally 400)

* Tom Clancy’s GRAW 2 Co-op Collection 2 - 200 MS Points (Normally 400)

* Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Ch. 2 - 300 MS Points (Normally 600)

* EndWar Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 MS Points (Normally 400)

Xbox Avatar Accessories

* Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit male - 200 MS Points (Normally 400)

* Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit female - 200 MS Points (Normally 400)

Full Game

* Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 MS Points (Normally 1200)

Live Arcade

Bejewled Blitz - 800msp

Demo

Dragon Age 2

Seems it's built upon the iphone/facebook biltz variant :

Bejeweled is back on Xbox LIVE with Bejeweled Blitz LIVE, a new game adapted from the original Facebook app released in 2010. Addictive like all other Bejeweled games? Oh, yes. Why? Well, that’s the Blitz part. In each game mode, you have only one minute (one minute!) to swap your jewels, make your matches, and rack up your scores. This is fast-paced and hectic gaming action, but timed right so you want to keep playing JUST one more game. Until it’s three in the morning.

With only one minute to make your moves, the special effects around matches and cascades can be distracting. And the voiceover callout at thirty seconds with a countdown from ten seconds on will get in your head, too. Focus! Players who have fast reflexes and can see the board overall at once will have a distinct advantage.

Single-player game modes include Classic and Twist. Classic is the normal awesome Bejeweled play. When you see score multiplier gems, be sure to match them quickly so you can increase your score for all subsequent gem matches. Remember, you don’t have much time! Making 4-gem and 5-gem strings is the key to increasing scores. Switching gems is easy once you learn the mechanic of highlighting the gem you want to move, then pressing the A/B/X/Y buttons to move the gem in that direction. Another unusual game mechanic is the awarding of experience points in order for you to go up a level. Leveling doesn’t seem to do much but it is in a factor in the achievements.

After you’ve mastered Classic, try Twist mode. Twist mode first debuted in a standalone game in 2008, and it’s something else entirely to wrap your head around. In Twist, your reticule surrounds four gems at once and you can turn the group of gems clockwise or counter-clockwise one step at a time. Envisioning the board after a potential move is the key here to racking up scores. But you still have to be fast.

If you think minute-long rounds are frantic, though, welcome to multiplayer. You can play multiplayer in either Classic or Twist mode. Challenge a friend locally or over Xbox LIVE to see just who has the quickest matching skills.

If you have more than one friend, get ready for some Bejeweled battles. Up to sixteen people can play at one time, and the game ingeniously tracks the leader with small gamerpic icons appearing in the field at the left of the grid. The icons reposition themselves according to the current score of the game. With each round only lasting a minute, even if you’re way behind at some point, a new game is just about to start.

Bejeweled Blast LIVE calls itself “the most explosive sixty seconds on Xbox LIVE,” and while we do have a lot of ‘splodey things on Xbox LIVE, you have to admit they might be right.

I've played Bejeweled Blitz now since I downloaded it at 7pm. My eyes hurt. I've managed to get to level 10 on twist and classic, managed to score above 100k (I'm on 250k on classic) and got four achievements in total.

My highest ever score on Facebook is 845,000 but that's using an optical mouse and a few boosts. Without boosts, I've managed 690,000 but I'm never ever going to get close to that using a pad. Getting used to the buttons was really difficult at first as my instinct was to try and drag the jewels but it sinks in after an hour or two. It's a lovely, lovely game but addictive as Toblerones.

It's nothing like the old Bejeweled on XBLA to answer Yoshimax. The old version is a cheating bastard and this doesn't have "NO MORE MOVES" as it's just 60 seconds of manic matching.

I just looked at the achievements for Bejeweled Blitz. WTF. I think it's an achievement if I break 50k on classic! I must be doing something wrong.

It's really addictive but you need a big slice of luck too don't you? Or do you?

500k...FIVE HUNDRED K

On Twist I can get a system to get plenty of 4 gem matches, struggling to work out a sure fire way to get 5

500k...FIVE HUNDRED K

On Twist I can get a system to get plenty of 4 gem matches, struggling to work out a sure fire way to get 5

It's really easy, you just need a setup like this (or maybe the mirror image of it, can't remember which way it rotates):

asdxa asada
xxaxx -> xxxxx

Des the normal bejweled mode allow any chain comboing or anything yet (like in Zoo Keeper, that dead recent game)? It seems like the most pointless waste of time ever if it still doesn't reward skill over luck.

Orcs Must Die Announced. (From Robot Entertainment, also coming to PC and maybe PSN)

Robot Entertainment - the studio risen from the ashes of Halo Wars and Age of Empires developer Ensemble - has revealed its new game: Orcs Must Die!

It's a downloadable title for "PC and consoles" and is due for release sometime this year.

Orcs Must Die! challenges you to defend a castle from an army of orcs and ogres. They smash through the gates and it's your job, as a war mage, to smash them up.

It's a vividly coloured cartoon-style game shown from a third-person perspective and boasts a fast-paced mix of action and strategy. You can chop with a sword; loose bolt after bolt from your crossbow; lay traps; employ the help of elven archers and devastate with terrific spells.

The idea being to kill loads of baddies at once, and there's a combo system to reward this.

There's no word on multiplayer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-24-robot-entertainment-shows-orcs-must-die