Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but the lovely ilomilo has some DLC on the way, yay! :wub:

Autumn tale – DLC (March 9th)

Like an autumn leaf it comes soaring with the wind and momentarily lands in your hair before laying to rest on the ground. You pick it up and you look at it with a smile, and you say:

- “Whoa! You’re one fabulastic looking leaf! I’m gonna take you home and love you and call you Cuddles. You and me, we’re gonna have so much fun together!”

Ah yes, and the leaf is actually the first official DLC for ilomilo, but I thought the metaphor was quite fitting. Gather around and let me tell you what goodness you can look forward to when it’s being released by the 9th of March:

- New and improved setting! Autumn Attic!

- The story of ilo and milo continues through two new gorgeous chapters.

- 19 new levels of cubistic puzzles + 6 new challenging bonus levels!

And here’s a trailer for you to behold and revel in:

No mention of price yet but I'll be getting it regardless.

Half-Minute Hero is set to arrive on Xbox Live Arcade, according to a listing on the Australian Classification Board.

The game, which was previously a PSP exclusive, will release on XBLA under a new subtitle: Super Mega Neo Climax.

Not much else to go on after that, though.

Half-Minute Hero sees players go through JRPG situations in 30 seconds. The first game released last year in the west for PSP, with a sequel due for release sometime this year in Japan.

VG247

Mini Info blowout...

BurgerTime HD Announced (coming to Live Arcade, PSN, PC and Wiiware)

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1152691p1.html

Sega Rally Online Arcade - GDC Demo

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/gdc2011/video.html?sid=6301323

Swarm - GDC Demo

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/gdc2011/video.html?sid=6301166&category=highlights&tag=top_stories%3Btitle%3B3

Ms Splosion Man - GDC Demo

http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc2011/video.html?sid=6301173

Ms Spolsion Man - Preview

As in the last game, Ms. will use her “sploding” ability to effectively triple jump and ricochet off things like walls, barrels and the heads of confused scientists in order to solve platforming puzzles, defeat traps and enemies and make her way through each level. The game will take the action outside the laboratory, introducing new, outside levels, one of which we will see later on. After navigating an easy escape from the lab in which she was born, Ms. comes across her first boss: The Mighty Eternal, a giant robot that made an appearance in the first game and is modelled after the game’s art director, Dave Leung (whose name apparently means “the mighty eternal” in Chinese). After saying something sarcastic about Mr. Darcy (the game’s first official movie reference, at least the first one we picked up), Ms. takes to defeating the boss with a series of well-executed explosions from barrel to wall to Mr. Eternal’s eyes, which she eventually manages to gauge out using a series of quick time events, in which the word "splode!" flashes on screen prompting players to explode at the right times. The sequence ends with a Predator reference.

We are then taken to the new world map screen, which has been updated from the last game to include difficulty settings. Now, there will be more than one way to complete each level of the different worlds, with the hardest way clearly marked by a skull and crossbones flag. (We were told that 'Splosion Man's "Way of the Coward" mode will make a comeback here too, but no more details on how until later on.) We make our way though the second level of World 1, where we meet our first scientists, who seem to be more aggressive towards Ms. than they were towards 'Splosion Man--they insist on pegging a multitude of energy orbs at us (which deplete our exploding power) until we're forced to explode on them as we make our way to the first outside section of the game, which takes place on a series of platforms in the clouds outside the lab. Here we encounter what the designers of the game refer to as "Donkey Kong barrels", i.e. barrels that will either shoot you in whatever direction they want, or in whatever direction you decide you want to be shot in, depending on which colour barrel you land on. In this level, we also encounter a new gameplay mechanic: the zip-line. Suspended mid-air, the zip-line allows Ms. to effectively explode from one platform to the next without ever touching the ground, adding speed to both her vertical and horizontal movement. Twisted Pixel have also given the game more mid-air checkpoints, which means if you fall to your death during a particularly difficult platforming sequence, you will no longer be required to re-start from the last major checkpoint.

After a long mid-air sequence we land back on the world map and into another outside level, where we get our first look at some Jetsons-inspired air cars and comical sequences of scientists flying into the camera as they fall to their death after Ms. explodes on their vehicle. We also found some collectibles: Ms. first pair of shoes, which she can collect and wear throughout the levels (although, cake would have been nice too.) On the world map players will be able to access a "Shopping Mall", where they will be able to buy unlockables.

The final stage of the demo took us inside World 2 to an outside tropical resort, which sees Ms. running away from a bunch of scientists (who are all apparently modeled on Twisted Pixel employees). After a cut-scene featuring a very obvious Total Recall reference, Ms. bumps into Mandy the Scientist, which she can use as a shield against the scientists' guns by jumping inside her body and controlling her. After a few gossip-fueled cell conversations, Ms. finishes the level (and demo) with a triumphant dance.

Ms. 'Splosion Man is exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade, and will ship sometime in 2011. We look forward to seeing more of the game ahead of its release later this year.

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/gdc2011/story.html?sid=6301163&tag=top_stories%3Btitle%3B15

Trine 2 - Gameplay Footage

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/03/01/trine-2-3-player-gameplay

Rock of Ages - Gameplay Footage

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/03/01/rock-of-ages-skeetball-gameplay

RoA - Preview

Before seeing and playing it, Rock of Ages was described to me as "a tower defense game with a twist," which is quite accurate. Rock of Ages isn't merely a classic tower defense title, but a game that invokes other, admittedly eclectic properties as well. So you can expect a little taste of Super Monkey Ball when playing the offense-oriented parts of Rock of Ages, with an art style and humor most akin to Monty Python.
The premise of Rock of Ages is simple to understand, but it was clear to me even after playing the game for a mere twenty minutes or so that the game's depth is significant. The basic idea is to smash a circular rock through a door at the end of various courses. These courses require you to steer your rock, Super Monkey Ball-style, towards the door on the far end of it over and over again. This slowly whittles down the door's strength until you smash it, where you can conquer what sits on the other side of it in order to move on to the next stage.

Of course, that's only a small piece of what's really necessary, because your opponent will be able to set up various defenses that allow him to stymie or outright halt your advance towards his door. This is where the actual tower defense comes into play, as well as the resource management that's at the heart of games like this. Certain defenses will slow the ball down, force it to careen off of the side of the track, or perhaps worst of all, lose the speed necessary to smash the door with power. This creates an offense-and-defense dynamic, and while there's a single-player campaign, it will likely play strongest either locally or online with a friend.

The whimsical look of Rock of Ages is intentional, and goes a long way towards adding to its unique feel. In fact, when taken together with its unique play-style, Rock of Ages has great promise in terms of delivering an experience that we simply haven't had before. My time with it was admittedly short, but my interest has certainly been piqued, and I'm excited to see more.

Rock of Ages doesn't yet have a firm release date, but Atlus is shooting to get the game on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and PC sometime in the second quarter of this year. And while there's no price-point as of yet, you can expect a campaign mode of somewhere between four to six hours, and extra modes to boot.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1151940p1.html

Storm - Gameplay Footage

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/23/storm-manipulating-the-rain-gameplay

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/23/storm-lightning-from-the-heavens-gameplay

Storm - Preview

Storm, a downloadable title I recently saw from developer EKO, is an upcoming game with promise. Its nature-based themes invoke thatgamecompany's great downloadable hits on PlayStation Network, like flOw and Flower. But Storm isn't quite as abstract as those titles, even though at first glance it sounds more out there than, say, controlling a flower pedal in a vacant field. While Storm in no way appears to be up to the outrageous production values of a thatgamecompany product, it seems to have certainly drawn inspiration from them.
The basic premise of Storm is to use various methods of weather control in order to nurture and grow seeds. These seeds will then need to be manipulated by those same forces of nature to reach new patches of fertile soil, where seeds will turn into new trees, surrendering fresh seeds that can then be used to progress through to the end of the stage. There are different kinds of seeds with various strengths and weaknesses, and as the four seasons constantly change, you can expect that these seeds will prove themselves useful (or not) in certain scenarios.

Clearly, this isn't a game for those looking for adrenaline-pumping action. As a puzzle game, Storm will require incessant amounts of critical thinking. The good news is that, even if you're typically unskilled at puzzle games like I am, the ambient nature of Storm appears to be its greatest hook. As you summon a gust of wind to shove your seed over, or require a torrential downpour to push a seed further down the screen, you'll constantly find the environment around you changing. Yet, the ambiance of the game seems to never be disturbed. This is true even if you launch a lightning bolt at some dead wood, vaporizing it in orange fire. Yes -- not all is peaceful in Storm. Yet, equilibrium is again reached before long, and all is serene once more.

One thing I didn't witness during my demo, but was promised by the developer, was how the main elements you'll use can combine to create secondary elements during more complicated puzzles. The primary elements you can summon forth, like lightning, wind and rain, can combine in certain ways to create useful puzzle-solving tools, like tornadoes, snow, ice and bubbles. This promises to make the puzzle-solving even more interesting and dynamic, and will no doubt make the game more difficult for puzzle-struggling gamers like myself.

Storm doesn't have a firm release date yet, though it's due out at some point this year. It will feature nearly fifty stages strewn across three game modes entitled Adventure, Challenge and Spirit. Better yet, it should run gamers only $9.99, and will be available on all of the major platforms -- Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and PC.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1152608p1.html

Sega Rally looks great. :D

Edited by The Sarge