Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Completed Costume Quest - nice fun little game. Although I advise waiting for a sale to purchase because at 1200 it's too expensive for only 6 hours gaming.

Not sure I agree.. Thought it was the perfect length, and wrapped things up before repetition set in. As for the price vs length argument for me it was much better value than some other 1200 titles (e.g. Limbo)

800 seems to be the magic number at the moment. I think that's spot on. If only you could buy 2400 points.

I'm guessing they want you to spend the 'change' on some tat for your Avatar?

I had a good spend up today, Strania, Trouble Witches and both the Dead Rising spin offs.

Got some points saved for Sega Rally and the SSF4 DLC.

Not sure I agree.. Thought it was the perfect length, and wrapped things up before repetition set in. As for the price vs length argument for me it was much better value than some other 1200 titles (e.g. Limbo)

Ah! well I purchased Limbo when on sale also :)

1200 is a lot for an arcade game I feel & I have not played more than 800 points for a game. I'm happy to wait for the 1200 games to go on sale.

The repetition did not really set in for me because you were quickly onto the next area.

800 seems to be the magic number at the moment. I think that's spot on. If only you could buy 2400 points.

If you have Zune for PC, if you sign in with your live account and purchase points in 400 (£3.40) and 1200 (£10.20) flavours, of course your card needs to be registered.

Since finding this out it's how I have been buying games now, X2 400 for an 800 game or just outright 1200, none of this leftover nonsense.

If you have Zune for PC, if you sign in with your live account and purchase points in 400 (£3.40) and 1200 (£10.20)

You sir are a winner! Thank you.

I'm obviously consumed with card registering paranoia at the moment, but I'm sure it will pass.

Hmm...

Star Raiders ?

I wonder how much the DC Atari comic that came with the 26' version is worth?

I think i played the 800 cart version once or twice but late in the day sadly...i had Elite by the time it came out.

It was just a Star Wars rip off wasn't it?

£10 for 6 hours gaming is too expensive?

Costume quest is well worth 1200 points.

Worth more because it only cost me 600 points. But yes I would not pay 1200 points for any XBLA game. 800 points is my limit. All these 1200 games eventually have a sale.

£10 for 6 hours gaming is too expensive?

Costume quest is well worth 1200 points.

The problem with Costume Quest is that you play it for six hours, but there really not much more than an hours gameplay in it. Every single battle in the game is exactly the same, and every single quest in an area is the same as a quest in the other two. You're just playing the same two-hour game three times, with a bunch of boring far-too-easy fights.

That's why I'd say it's not worth £10, but I didn't really regret getting it for half that.

I suppose mileage will vary, but for me it offered bags of charm and the rpg lite gameplay suited my play time. I didn't find the fights at all repetitive and was always interested to see what happened next. It helps that I have paid 30 quid for games with shorter single player.

I suppose mileage will vary, but for me it offered bags of charm and the rpg lite gameplay suited my play time. I didn't find the fights at all repetitive and was always interested to see what happened next. It helps that I have paid 30 quid for games with shorter single player.

Yep the COD games which have like what 10 mins :)

Back to Costume Quest it is a great fun little RPG but I would say to anyone looking to buy yes you can spend 1200 & you'll enjoy it but if you are in no rush to purchase wait for another sale and get at half the price.

Apart from World of Keflings I have not purchased a XBLA game on release, I tend to use my Gold Sub to the max by waiting for the deal of the weeks or seasonal sales. Which does not help also because I have loads of XBLA games still to play !! DOH !!

I think I will tackle Lara Croft next.

What the hell do you do in it? I played the first level, and pressed L to blow up a load of missiles in the centre of the screen. Then I blew up some more. And some more. I did this about fifteen times before getting bored and moving around the screen a bit before dying.

Impressions on GAF made me laugh.

I just shot at things, then I hit a button, and stuff blew up, and then I hit this other button and everything blew up, and then I hit this other button I don't know what the fuck happened but it was glorious. Then I collected a pineapple.

Now on to stage two