Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Balls - That's just reminded me I still have Minerva's Den to play through

and Claptrap's Robot Revolution

and Joe's Adventures :facepalm:

I say go with Claptrap Robot's Revolution, imo the best Borderlands DLC by far and it wraps up the first game really nice in every possible way. I think it's even my favourite part of the entire Borderlands game including DLC!

sorry if this is a dumb old question but what's the best way to buy MSP for a friend? on play.com there were different amounts of points for the same money depending on what the card looked like. what's that about? what's the cheapest way to buy the most points?

sorry if this is a dumb old question but what's the best way to buy MSP for a friend? on play.com there were different amounts of points for the same money depending on what the card looked like. what's that about? what's the cheapest way to buy the most points?

You should be able to buy 2100 points for £14.99

That's the cheapest.

ohmygoddd - Dishwasher: VS is totally my first potential GOTY. Jesussss chriiiissstttttttt.

Really is a great game. So much better than the first in my opinion, the dev nailed the platforming and combat this time round and it also doesn't suffer from those annoying difficulty spikes that made playing the first game such a chore.

:)

Right Ive heard this comment one too many times now.. Time to finally take the plunge and try the trial! :)

Do it, you will not be disappointed. :)

I'm still not convinced the second Dishwasher is as good as the first (and I loved the first). The second character, Yuki, seems to lack the range of moves and weaponry of the Dishwasher character, with two swords that aren't much different from each other and a load of other gimmicky weapons. Still great fun, though.

I agree that the moveset is a little lacking (on the surface) compared to the first game, and it's a little bloatier - but holy FUCK, not many games have me going "holy FUCK!" at some of the shit it throws at you.

It's the DMC3 of the side-scrolling fighting genre.

I think Star Raiders suffers a bit from the age-old problem of putting too many flight/combat controls on a gamepad. Also, the tutorial switches you between control schemes! Insanely confusing, so I quit mardily.

Hopefully Gatling Gears will deliver.

Absolutely! Perhaps take it with a pinch of salt because twin-stickers are among my favourite types of game and I'll give anything a go, but Gatling Gears really is super. XBLA delivers 3 weeks in a row :)

agreed - had a go on the trial last night and was bored within 5 mins...

Not the first time I've read this complaint, but it does open up a little as you progress. Alternate routes through levels, hidden items, etc.

I'm a little biased though as I love both titles, but I didn't find it any more repetitive than Bionic Commando, Hard Corps Uprising, etc.

Oh and if you want something more recent Outland is shaping up pretty nicely.

Haven't look at XBLA in a while so decided to dl the trials of a few of the games mentioned on here. I'd primarily wanted to play Bangio having loved the game on the DC, however after dying 15 times on level 3 of the trial in about 10 seconds and having no idea what to do I decided to try Outland. Wow, it's amazing, purchased as soon as the trial ran out. It looks and sounds lovely and the light dark mechanic (which I've only had a taster of so far) seems to be brilliant!

I don't know, this is the first week in a while I don't think theres anything for me.

I haven't tried Gatling Gears, but it just looks a bit boring to me, at 800 I probably would have been tempted.

Anyway, I've got plenty of XBLA games to go back and play. Not really finished anything I've bought this year.

There's some DLC for Strania up...

G.Rev is releasing the long promised download content pack for Xbox Live Arcade shooter Strania later today (5/11). The Side Vower update will be available for 400 Microsoft Points.

Side Vower update puts you in control of the enemy Vower forces. In addition to facing off against the Strania army, whom you control in the main game, you play the game in reverse, going from level 6 to level 1. You'll also face off against new bosses, and play to completely different music.

Weapons

Mission 1 Walkthrough

Mission 2 Walkthrough

:)

Haven't look at XBLA in a while so decided to dl the trials of a few of the games mentioned on here. I'd primarily wanted to play Bangio having loved the game on the DC, however after dying 15 times on level 3 of the trial in about 10 seconds and having no idea what to do...

Don't worry about it, I've no idea why that level is in the Trial, its not the 3rd level of the main game, must come quite a lot later on.

Its a terrible trial of a really good game.

XBLA has been great this year. Ilomilo, Zeit², Stacking, Hard Corps: Uprising, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Torchlight, Swarm, Strania, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD, Section 8: Prejudice, Outland, Nin2 Jump, Bangai-O HD.

Also I personally think Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot deserves more credit than it got, played all the way through the trial, and although I haven't bought it yet its definitely a game I'll be looking to get at some point.

XBLA on its own is probably the platform of the year so far.

Argh, I didn't think the Strania DLC would be out so soon. Playing the missions in reverse would be quite sweet considering that I run out of lives as early as mission 3... :blush:

Also would everyone stop saying how great Dishwasher VS is. My gaming schedule's busy enough already >.< (oh and I was terrible at Dead Samurai...)

Haven't look at XBLA in a while so decided to dl the trials of a few of the games mentioned on here. I'd primarily wanted to play Bangio having loved the game on the DC, however after dying 15 times on level 3 of the trial in about 10 seconds and having no idea what to do I decided to try Outland. Wow, it's amazing, purchased as soon as the trial ran out. It looks and sounds lovely and the light dark mechanic (which I've only had a taster of so far) seems to be brilliant!

I'd say Outland is the best game of this type since Shadow Complex. A really good game and a bargain at 800 points. I've still not completed it yet, better get on that.

The quality on XBLA has been very, very consistently solid for the last few months, and there's a bunch of really promising looking games coming out over the summer.

Jesus, that shows what a troll the demo is.

The game is hard, but level 3 in the demo is actually level 38 or something stupid.

Fans of Metroidvania type games might want to check out Rush 'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, it takes a bit of getting used to, definitely has its own control style that obviously put people off, but I think its actually pretty damn good.

Fans of Metroidvania type games might want to check out Rush 'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, it takes a bit of getting used to, definitely has its own control style that obviously put people off, but I think its actually pretty damn good.

Will do, thanks

If Sega Rally is next week, and it ends up being the perfect arcade racer, the time trials should be amazing.

Come on Sumo/Sega, don't let me down, wash away all the badness of SR2 on the Dreamcast with it's 30/60 fps craziness.