Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Okay after cocking up my initial Xbox Live sign up by getting a Canadian account, I'm sick and tired of it and asked if I could change region.

They've asked me what to, so do I go for US or UK? Should I just save myself the aggro and commit myself to home?

I think Mobygames own RF.

I thought Assualt heroes kinda played like it. Obviously thats a forced scrolling game but it was kinda where i wanted to see Return fire go, although i suspect Namco's Assualt is more of an infuence then RF.

Okay after cocking up my initial Xbox Live sign up by getting a Canadian account, I'm sick and tired of it and asked if I could change region.

They've asked me what to, so do I go for US or UK? Should I just save myself the aggro and commit myself to home?

Can I ask how you went about this?

I cocked up signing up for my account by tying it to a Hotmail address that was down as the US when I first started on Xbox Live. Last time I tried to get them to change they wouldn't let me.

Can I ask how you went about this?

I cocked up signing up for my account by tying it to a Hotmail address that was down as the US when I first started on Xbox Live. Last time I tried to get them to change they wouldn't let me.

Xbox Support on Twitter, I was expecting a lengthy process but they just said 'which region are you trying to change to?' and that stumped me because I wasn't expecting a choice.

So is it worth just sticking with the UK?

They probably think you're changing from a random region to one of the new ones that came onboard earlier this year (Greece, South Africa and a few others).

Personally I want to go Uk - so much easier to get points. Points from the US tend to be stupidly overpriced and a pain in the arse to get.

But as far as I can tell they don't allow shifts to UK or US from another regions. Although I'm desperate for you to tell me that's no longer the case.

They probably think you're changing from a random region to one of the new ones that came onboard earlier this year (Greece, South Africa and a few others).

Personally I want to go Uk - so much easier to get points. Points from the US tend to be stupidly overpriced and a pain in the arse to get.

But as far as I can tell they don't allow shifts to UK or US from another regions. Although I'm desperate for you to tell me that's no longer the case.

Just buy points on a separate UK account and use them there. All the content is tied to your console and works on any account regardless of what you're signed into.

Worst case scenario if the console dies or is replaced, you can have the account signed in via a second pad or just move it to your new console once every 12 months using the DRM xbox transfer tool.

Yeah, I used to do that but found it a faff in the end - the 12 month thing wasn't in the last time I did this though. That might make things easier.

It's a pisser. I don't understand why they say they won't do it. They clearly can, the just won't.

I still hold out hope that they're going to sort it... one day :(

I think Mobygames own RF.

I thought Assualt heroes kinda played like it. Obviously thats a forced scrolling game but it was kinda where i wanted to see Return fire go, although i suspect Namco's Assualt is more of an infuence then RF.

Nonsense - forced scrolling couldn't be any further from the essence of this game.

Christ I'm ready to go buy another 3DO now. RF and star control 2 :wub:

It did indeed. Which is a blessing and a curse as until that trailer I had kind of assumed it'd be nearer the end of the year given how little they'd shown of it since the first announcement. And now we know it must nearly be ready! Only it probably won't be this month as they've got the retail SSFIV: AE out soon.

I've literally never been more excited for the rerelease of a game I can't play. Well, maybe Ikaruga.

So this new MtG game, is it an expansion to the original or a whole new game?

Whole new game. It comes with some new features (co-op, all new decks, 2 more decks than the first title, new opponents, etc) and have some in game bonuses if you bought the original.

:)

How easy is it to get into something like 'Magic' for a complete noob in the genre?

This game is the perfect introduction. It walks you through it, and won't let you break the rules in any way. It's nicely done, too. Give the demo of the older game a try.

How easy is it to get into something like 'Magic' for a complete noob in the genre?

Pretty hard from my experience as I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the first game (free with PS+ this month, not sure if it's still available), the main problem is that tutorial isn't as helpful as it should be.

I'm sure it would all make sense if the tutorial wasn't pants.