Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Magic 2012 is nice, though the two decks you start off with are pretty shoddy. They can 'go off' but will quite often just be bad. It took me five tries to finish the first fight on the middle difficulty level (as the easy one is almost insultingly stupid).

Thankfully once you start unlocking decks they get better.

Not a fan of the fact that you unlock challenges as you get through the game - I really liked slogging through those in one big lump. Commander is a nice touch - you and two CPU/other players against a powered-up opponent.

Magic 2012 is nice, though the two decks you start off with are pretty shoddy. They can 'go off' but will quite often just be bad. It took me five tries to finish the first fight on the middle difficulty level (as the easy one is almost insultingly stupid).

What? I've just been through the first five duels without getting hit once (white deck), planeswalker difficulty.

And the first challenges are just masqued tutorials.

So far, it's nice, but far, far too easy.

Quite liked Magic 2012, not massively different from the old one (I've only played the demo) but still fun. That starting green deck is a bit of a throw back, Giant Growth and Craw Wurm, I was using them back in '94! Actually I sort of like it, quite nostalgic.

I think I'll pick this up, definitely worth 800

What? I've just been through the first five duels without getting hit once (white deck), planeswalker difficulty.

And the first challenges are just masqued tutorials.

So far, it's nice, but far, far too easy.

The white deck kept repeatedly feeding me shit. As soon as I finished the first duel, I went back to it with the white deck and then, and only then, did it give me a turn 2 Stoneforge Mystic (or, indeed, a Stoneforge Mystic at all).

I've had it do ridiculous things with Puresteel Paladin, Stoneforge Mystic, Infiltration Lens, etc - but quite often at the start you'll merely get fed a string of bad white allies with one or two health, which don't stick around for long.

Gets much, much better once you start unlocking cards though. It even has a Baneslayer Angel in there towards the end.

Joyrex - Giant Growth has been reprinted in every core set up until this latest one! The only card that has been printed in every core set INCLUDING this one is Giant Spider.

The white deck kept repeatedly feeding me shit. As soon as I finished the first duel, I went back to it with the white deck and then, and only then, did it give me a turn 2 Stoneforge Mystic (or, indeed, a Stoneforge Mystic at all).

I've had it do ridiculous things with Puresteel Paladin, Stoneforge Mystic, Infiltration Lens, etc - but quite often at the start you'll merely get fed a string of bad white allies with one or two health, which don't stick around for long.

Gets much, much better once you start unlocking cards though. It even has a Baneslayer Angel in there towards the end.

I have been lucky, I suppose.

And beware : one of the challenge is a bit broken (the first medium one, welcome to the pit I think). You need to do exactly what you have to do. If you have a problem, go to gamefaqs. I lost a few hair on that one...

What are the Popcap games?

We'll find out tomorrow.

Based on what they have available on Live Arcade, some of the following should be discounted...

Peggle

Zuma

Plants vs Zombies

Feeding Frenzy 1 & 2

Heavy Weapon

Astro Pop

:)