Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

I only started started playing Magic when 2012 was on sale the other week, but that's one of the things that's thrown me as well, because it doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense. You can sacrifice a blocker before the attacker meets it, and then the attacker will do nothing, but if you send a blocker to it, the attacker can still hit with trample. I guess attackers just lose interest when they have a target that gets taken away from them.

Also, you should play on Planeswalker difficulty tbh, you will learn best on that, I was playing on Mage in 2012 and the AI just does really dumb stuff, it'll actually hinder you trying to learn against it.

Also, you should play on Planeswalker difficulty tbh, you will learn best on that, I was playing on Mage in 2012 and the AI just does really dumb stuff, it'll actually hinder you trying to learn against it.

The dumb AI is taking me to within an inch of my life quite regularly so I'm sticking with it for now :lol:

Still at the trying to work out what does what phase at the moment, started a four-player game and didn't have the first clue what was happening so I'm gonna practice a bit more before I try taking on sensible AI! I assume the AI in the encounters is pre-programmed to behave in a certain way regardless of difficulty anyway.

The challenges will all be completely set in stone, with one (or occasionally a few) solutions. The difficulty will only affect the matches. I assume anyway, I'm basing this off the first two games because I can't justify to myself buying the third one at full price as well.

Matches kind of tend to be tight quite often regardless, because they sort of build to a position where one or other side will win. You can always brute force your way through matches with luck if you keep trying anyway. At some point the opposition will be stuck with no lands or creatures or something. I'd play on the harder difficulty. It's bewildering at first but it starts to make sense pretty quickly.

Went online a few days ago hoping to pick up Streets of Rage 1 on the cheap (we've been playing a lot of 2) and correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore? There's only the trilogy, which is more expensive than SoR1 used to be, and contains a game I own (2) and a game I don't want (3). Did I just miss 1 somewhere or is it really not there anymore?

Went online a few days ago hoping to pick up Streets of Rage 1 on the cheap (we've been playing a lot of 2) and correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore? There's only the trilogy, which is more expensive than SoR1 used to be, and contains a game I own (2) and a game I don't want (3). Did I just miss 1 somewhere or is it really not there anymore?

Streets of Rage 1 was never released on its own, only the sequel.

Really enjoying Magic 2013.

I find it hold the hand of newbies well, but allows veterans to not feel tied down either.

Yeah, I've never played any card games like this before (IRL or otherwise) and I'm finding it's doing a great job of teaching me the basics, enjoying it a lot :)

In Deal of the Week news, Trine 2 is pretty much a must buy at 600pts (from 1200) and Nexuiz is down to 200 from 800, not sure if it's actually worth buying even for that, but if you want it I'd grab it soon in case it's meant to be 400 - 200's a pretty huge drop for a game three months old. It's pretty much online only though, so maybe they just need a boost to the community. Bear in mind that if no one is actually playing this, you're paying 200pts for something you can't even use.

The list from GAF:

Gotham City Imposters - 800msp (was 1200)

Nexuiz - 200msp (was 800)

Shoot Many Robots - 400msp (was 800)

Trine 2 - 600msp (was 1200)

Worms 2: Armageddon - 400msp (was 800)

X-men - 400msp (was 800)

Many Magic 2013 is suffering from loads of irritating bugs. A lot of the stacking simply doesn't work, so if you try to bounce a spell after its been targeted by a burn spell you will still loose it. Had other examples of hex proofed creatures getting hit by spells and the old chestnut of being constantly hit by the same card turn after turn when fighting nicol bolas. The core gameplay remains great, as Magic is a fantastic game, but compared to 2012 this feels really sloppy.

So with that gap plugged in, it looks like the schedule for July and August is:

4 Jul - Spelunky (1200) (and some MMA thing)

11 Jul - Quantum Conundrum (Price unknown?)

18 Jul - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (1200)

25 Jul - Wreckateer (800)

1 Aug - Deadlight (1200)

8 Aug - Hybrid (1200)

15 Aug - Dust: An Elysian Tail (1200)

22 Aug - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (1200)

29 Aug - WWE WrestleFest

So with that gap plugged in, it looks like the schedule for July and August is:

4 Jul - Spelunky (1200) (and some MMA thing)

11 Jul - Quantum Conundrum (Price unknown?)

18 Jul - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (1200)

25 Jul - Wreckateer (800)

1 Aug - Deadlight (1200)

8 Aug - Hybrid (1200)

15 Aug - Dust: An Elysian Tail (1200)

22 Aug - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (1200)

29 Aug - WWE WrestleFest

Hopefully they can fit in a couple of Friday releases too before SoA, I'm still hopeful that JSR will sneak out before it starts and there's quite a lot of stuff with achievements revealed that is still undated. I imagine something will release alongside Quantum Conundrum too, it's out on Steam so no need for MS to give it top billing

SPELUNKY IS OUT NEXT WEEK. 1,200pts, but it's an MGS game so expect PlayXBLA to give away a load.

WHAT. Man, that's going to put an unexpected hole in my points tally, after picking up the Avengers FX2 pack I don't quite have enough for two 1200 point games with THPS HD down as my only upcoming banker. Shee-it :(

This seems the most appropriate place to ask this: does anyone else keep getting disconnected from Live?

I'm assuming my troubles stem from the release of ME3, Skyrim and BF3 DLC giving the servers a kicking, but it would be nice to confirm it isn't something on my end; PlusNet haven't given me troubles in the past and I recently switched my 360 to a wired connection.

I've been having a problem with it for months.

I have been through 2 new Xbox consoles and 3 Superhubs.

I think I got around it by switching to wireless from wired.

I am now 70% sure it was to do with an IP conflict.

Quantum Conundrum, Tony Hawks, Deadlight, Dust, Jet Set Radio, Counter Strike... my poor wallet :(

What's Quantum Conundrum? Can't recall seeing anything about it.

Also Trine 2 is pretty much essential at that price! Beautiful, beautiful game :wub: