IGNORED

Xbox Live Arcade

Zero

Major Nelson's post also lists Divinity II the dragon knight saga, for 5$ which is an excellent Euro RPG for those who have been enjoying Amalur on PSN+.

[obligatory negative post] poor exchange rate [/obligatory negative post].

The UK Marketplace is showing it as £14.99 at the moment - Hopefully it'll change soon, I quite like the look of it!

Does Max Payne 3 still have the unskippable cutscenes? I know it's loading for the first bit but I tried to show some friends the office level and it was about 6 minutes until we could play. No way it was loading for all of that.

Does Max Payne 3 still have the unskippable cutscenes? I know it's loading for the first bit but I tried to show some friends the office level and it was about 6 minutes until we could play. No way it was loading for all of that.

It still does - Even if you're on a 2nd or 3rd playthrough you still can't skip them.

Looks like a bunch of DLC has gone onsale as well (Not sure if it ties in to the Ultimate Game Sale or not)

There's some Borderlands 2 DLC - The Sir Hammerlock and Mr. Torgue campaign DLCs are now 400 MS points (No Captain Scarlett for some reason), along with the Ultimate Vault Hunter upgrade pack which is now 200 MS points

There's also a couple of Rocksmith songs down to half price (Jessica by The Allman Brothers Band, Bodysnatchers by Radiohead and Tighten Up by The Black Keys) at 160 MS points.

And on it's own is the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 half price at 600 MS points

I see...

Worth noting I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet. I grabbed everything of note for ME2 before starting it, so I'd be interested in doing the same but only if it's worth the money. I guess nothing's going to be Lair of the Shadow Broker quality. Arrival and Overlord were a bit pants.

It won't, it'll be the obligatory US only deal to ensure that other territories don't get ideas above their stations

"Swell, we just managed to secure some sweet publisher discounts for XBLA!"

"So do they apply outside the US?"

"Er, hey come on, these guys are from England, who gives a shit!"

Looks like a bunch of DLC has gone onsale as well (Not sure if it ties in to the Ultimate Game Sale or not)

There's some Borderlands 2 DLC - The Sir Hammerlock and Mr. Torgue campaign DLCs are now 400 MS points (No Captain Scarlett for some reason), along with the Ultimate Vault Hunter upgrade pack which is now 200 MS points

There's also a couple of Rocksmith songs down to half price (Jessica by The Allman Brothers Band, Bodysnatchers by Radiohead and Tighten Up by The Black Keys) at 160 MS points.

And on it's own is the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 half price at 600 MS points

According to Major Nelson the Captain Scarlett DLC will be half price as well but I don't think it's been updated on the marketplace just yet,

So, are there any decent looking XBLA console exclusives due out at any point from now on? I've had a quick scan and apart from possibly Charlie Murder and Flashback, there doesn't seem to be much reason to hang onto my unopened MS points.

So, are there any decent looking XBLA console exclusives due out at any point from now on? I've had a quick scan and apart from possibly Charlie Murder and Flashback, there doesn't seem to be much reason to hang onto my unopened MS points.

Super Time Force

I really cannot stress enough that people should sign up for a Hungarian account. I have picked up far cry 3, borderlands 2, crysis for 1160 points in total and today I will get Lego lotr and batman 2 for 1000 points more. With games to come over the rest of the week it really will work out worth the Hassel. There is a great guide on the hotukdeals thread on how to do it.

Do you have to sign in with that account to play the games or can my english account play them?

You can play them on your normal account.

HUNGARIAN ACCOUNT DETAILS:

these are instructions according to bordersdown, i'll try it tonight to confirm:

Step 1: Create a Hungarian Microsoft account

Sign up for a Hungarian Hotmail account (@hotmail.hu) via: https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?...kt=hu-hu&lic=1

Be sure to select location as Hungary

If you do this in Chrome you can automatically translate the page into English

Step 2:

Create a Hungarian Xbox Live account via https://live.xbox.com/hu-HU

using your Hungarian hotmail account. Again be sure to select location as Hungary.

Step 3: Using a Debit card to purchase games will not work so you need to buy some Microsoft Points, minimum 800 points card from online retailer or instore.

You can get some cheap points here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cheap-xbox-ps3-psn-points-subs-xbox360-ps3-psv-instant-delivery-1499627

Step 4: Download your new account to your Xbox via your Hotmail.hu login details and add the MS Points, it will ask for more details for your billing address, you can simply put whatever you want e.g "Name" "Street" "City" "12345" and "01999 999999" as it does not verify them.

Step 5: Search for/locate games that are on offer via the dashboard (or the Xbox Live Web marketplace if you prefer) while logged in as your Hungarian account and opt to pay via Microsoft points by pressing X on the purchase screen.

Step 6: Download and Enjoy

Do you have to sign in with that account to play the games or can my english account play them?

Any account on the console that you register them to.

The chrome tip is another good tip. Makes things so much easier.

And beware that some games require a vpn to download. Any that you can browse to through the console, you will be able to download.