Xbox Live Arcade

So, are there any decent looking XBLA console exclusives due out at any point from now on? I've had a quick scan and apart from possibly Charlie Murder and Flashback, there doesn't seem to be much reason to hang onto my unopened MS points.

So, are there any decent looking XBLA console exclusives due out at any point from now on? I've had a quick scan and apart from possibly Charlie Murder and Flashback, there doesn't seem to be much reason to hang onto my unopened MS points.

Super Time Force

Today's deals aren't so good, apart from Lego Batman.

Everyone buy Lego Batman.

Lego Batman 2 - £8.99

Monopoly Streets - £8.99

Rockstar Table Tennis - £2.69

Kinect Sports Season 2 - £8.99

Lego Lord of the Rings - £11.99

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 - £8.99

I really cannot stress enough that people should sign up for a Hungarian account. I have picked up far cry 3, borderlands 2, crysis for 1160 points in total and today I will get Lego lotr and batman 2 for 1000 points more. With games to come over the rest of the week it really will work out worth the Hassel. There is a great guide on the hotukdeals thread on how to do it.

Do you have to sign in with that account to play the games or can my english account play them?

You can play them on your normal account.

HUNGARIAN ACCOUNT DETAILS:

these are instructions according to bordersdown, i'll try it tonight to confirm:

Step 1: Create a Hungarian Microsoft account

Sign up for a Hungarian Hotmail account (@hotmail.hu) via: https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?...kt=hu-hu&lic=1

Be sure to select location as Hungary

If you do this in Chrome you can automatically translate the page into English

Step 2:

Create a Hungarian Xbox Live account via https://live.xbox.com/hu-HU

using your Hungarian hotmail account. Again be sure to select location as Hungary.

Step 3: Using a Debit card to purchase games will not work so you need to buy some Microsoft Points, minimum 800 points card from online retailer or instore.

You can get some cheap points here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cheap-xbox-ps3-psn-points-subs-xbox360-ps3-psv-instant-delivery-1499627

Step 4: Download your new account to your Xbox via your Hotmail.hu login details and add the MS Points, it will ask for more details for your billing address, you can simply put whatever you want e.g "Name" "Street" "City" "12345" and "01999 999999" as it does not verify them.

Step 5: Search for/locate games that are on offer via the dashboard (or the Xbox Live Web marketplace if you prefer) while logged in as your Hungarian account and opt to pay via Microsoft points by pressing X on the purchase screen.

Step 6: Download and Enjoy

Do you have to sign in with that account to play the games or can my english account play them?

Any account on the console that you register them to.

The chrome tip is another good tip. Makes things so much easier.

And beware that some games require a vpn to download. Any that you can browse to through the console, you will be able to download.

Presumably it works as any other purchase, in that you can play them on your english account as long as you're playing on the machine the license is attached to. If I were to do my usual profile roaming bollocks I'd need the HU account signed in on my other 360 for it to work on both machines.

Still, probably worth wasting an 800 point card on for Kinect Sports 2 as fortunately I'm only stupid enough to own one kinect rather than two.

Ha, when you sign up to live it looks like it gives you an autogenerated gamertag to start with... I was actually quite tempted to stick with BimonthlyRain02 :)

I got unbentmonkey004 and kept it.

I'm trying to create a hungarian account using the instructions above, managed to create the hotmail.hu account and am signed in with it. Now when I choose the xbox page to create the xbox live account, it either hangs or I keep getting an error message with a guy shrugging his shoulders. Any idea what I am doing wrong or is the cloud simply not as powerful as they make out?

Edit: guess I am not alone, it's been knackered for half an hour at least!

Oh man, unbelievable deals in Hungary again!

Crysis 3 - 880

The Orange Box - 160

The Witcher 2 - 400

Forza Horizon - 600

I'm off to trade in some games to get some points!

Agreed, I put 2400 points aside for this and have burnt through them already. I will pass on crysis 3 today but the rest are being bought. Orange box just might be the best value game ever if there is someone out there who hasn't played the games yet.

I have the witcher 2 on PC, but it runs like shit. Can't not buy it at that price.

edit: that creating a hungarian account thing doesn't work for me. At the hotmail stage it only lets me pick a .co.uk account.

Make sure it's got hu-HU in the url, and bear in mind the link posted on the other page from hukd is truncated. Also you don't really need to create a hotmail.hu email, you can use one of your own just as long as the ms account is created as a hu location one in general, then same for the live account.