E158 Scores & Awards

ElAlcesDiablo

Best sound award for Resident Evil 4 is a bit strange. The first thing I noticed was the short 5-sec sound loops for flies and other sound fx. I found it really distracting.

Otherwise a fantastic game.

The sound in Condemned and COD2 is pretty awesome, more impressive than RE4 in my opinion.

Same. Considerable drop in humour though. I wonder if that's his new brief?

Shame really as his was a nice contrast to the Guest/Penn columns which are just way too dry imo.

No new brief. I just wasn't as funny this month. With the columns now 300 words shorter than they used to be it's sometimes tough to make a point and be amusing.

Glad you agreed though.

x

I don't want to sound like a meany here but the points you struggle to make funny aren't really worth making.

Fuck me, that's a nasty little comment.

Still, I'm sure Biffo's been mauled by professionals critics in the past, but really, ouch!

Yeah, I didn't really mean it to sound that nasty, honest! What I meant was that Biffo's there for the humour, not to be an authority. I reckon it'd be better if he just stuck to the humour - made his page funny, and not wory about making a point.

That makes sense, right? There's no point in a Biffo column if it's just to make the point NEW GRAPHX AREN'T EVERYTHING and it neglects to be funny. The funny stuff should be his starting point and not a tired old point.

That's what I reckon.

That makes sense, right? There's no point in a Biffo column if it's just to make the point NEW GRAPHX AREN'T EVERYTHING and it neglects to be funny. The funny stuff should be his starting point and not a tired old point.

Ah, a gentlemanly response.

I haven't read the column, s'just that your comment struck me as a perfectly worded put-down!

Like I said, I'm sure Mr Rose has developed a thick skin - he's been in enough script reviews, I suspect.