IGNORED

Phantasy Star Universe - XBox 360

strawdonkey

I went to have a go on the PC version, only to find that servers only exist for Korea and the US - and you're locked out of them outside of a proxy.

Me and Will downloaded and installed SCHTHACK Blue Burst again - Good fun until the program shat the bed. Then I played Solitaire while listening to GWAR instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

PSU SUPER CLAN.

Myself and a certain Will Eisenhower Esq. have decided to have a go on Steam's latest Free-To-Play MMO, Rusty Hearts.

It features the following:

- DMC-lite/Hack and Slash/Scrolling Beat 'em up gameplay

- A relatively low threshold in terms of achieving end-game PvE

- Terrible voice acting

- Huge Anime tits

All for the low, low price of Free. Any of you out there that still exist and have a PC of some sort, Join in! it's likely we'll declare it as shit and stop after a week anyway. Fully endorsed by the featured star of the Willei Roadshow:

Willei says

lol

first piece of text I see in this game, it's someone selling gold

See? INCREDIBLE.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, it had to happen at some point:

Phantasy Star Universe = DEAD (on September 7th)

But Edward of Sega has some 'exciting news' coming up! with any luck, it will be the first news of PSO2 coming to the west. Mainly because the japanese don't want the Legendary PSU Super Clan shitting up their beta servers.

The king is dead, long live the king.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

PSU Super Dead.

But, hey, at least PSU's successor is free to play! Y'know, like the franchise should have been since PSO v1. Hopefully, this should accelerate the future of that EGS Server - Although saying that, development is on hold because of PSO2 Translation, although the person behind that (Agrajag) is in the process of making an overhaul of AotI's Offline mode to include pretty much everything the Online Mode had - including 3rd Update weapons and missions.

Who knows? Who cares? Who's playing Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2?

(Nobody, you should be playing Path of Exile)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Several years too late, but here's some fan-art I just finished.

2n6rcbp.png

Brought back so many memories, finding references and that. Lots of dirty pictures though - Karen and Lou are very friendly nowadays.

Bet you weren't expecting that! :D

• 4 weeks later...

It's not bad at all, to be honest. The fighting is more in line with Phantasy Star Portable 2, so it's more dynamic about ducking and weaving around the place when you first start out. Compared to how PSU worked, you start wondering if Rockbear is taking the piss when he starts doing elbow drops and flipping all over the place. Then again, you get a bunch of stuff to play around with - Fighters get all sorts of excellent PAs, Rangers can tag enemies with new weak points and generally dick around in third-person shooter mode, and Forces get chain attacks and are able to charge Technics. And if you want any in the middle of those three extremes, you just assign a secondary class. Simple!

Although to be frank, the JPN environment does help an awful lot, as it's not dissimilar to the end of us playing on the PSU servers - You can literally go onto Player Shops and buy any weapon that's not the best Ability/Element roll available for 1,010 Meseta. They've now changed it so that you have to claim ownership of an item, though, so once you equip it you're not able to resell it. Again though, you bought it for 1,010 Meseta in a game where you normally get a grand or two from just selling useless shit to the vendor.

Hopefully, there will be some news at E3 about the NA/EU release. If only so people can play on the western server, move onto the JPN account when they feel comfortable, and then have a much better time with much more to actually do. Then again, you can just have both because it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I've stopped playing at the moment, mind. Mainly because I have noticed that the Playstation Plus sub on the PS3 has accumulated enough games to the point where you can just turn that on and have choice paralysis by just looking at the XMB.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played this game once.

It was RUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Happy Next-Gen, everyone! PSO2 will probably not be released for anything and then quietly die off amongst it's own piles of micro-bikini transactions. You so clever, Sega.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I love PSU - possibly even my favourite game ever made :)

PSO also great, PSO2... I dunno, hard to get working at least here in the UK and just not even that worth it when you do. No voice chat, worse social areas and social features. Possibly better combat but PSU was the whole package and I used to love meeting new people on there.

PSO2 just feels more barebones and doesn't have the same flair or soul. Probably because Yuji Naka has now left Sonic Team ._.

• 4 months later...

This game is given the revamp it deserves and a half decent budget really could make a great free to play game.

Failing that a bloodborne style game with the PSO model would be what I want. Everyone could meet at some dark mmo Tavern to group up and trade stuff.

• 1 year later...
On 24/10/2007 at 18:18, Siri said:

New member here, although I'm a veteran poster at NTSC-UK and GHZ.

I'm popping in since some PSU chatter over at NTSC (and strawdonkey) has sparked a drive for some new people to party with - I don't think learning the Moatoob 1UP Cup Stage is going to be fun with randoms, so here I am <_<

You want to feel old? Ten years ago we were enjoying the start of the 1up Cup. We were also polite.

4 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

We were also polite.

GO FUCK YOURSELF

I was thinking of playing PSO the other day, actually - Unfortunately, I misplaced the SD Card where all my ripped Gamecube games live, so I'm not entirely sure what to do outside of getting the Wii U plugged in again and use Cleanrip on all my games again. Feels fucking bad, man.

Amusingly, after your post, I went ahead and had a look to see the state of Private Servers for PSU (As some of you might know, it's come to pass that you can now download and run your own PSO Blue Burst server on PC). As it turns out, there's one currently in an alpha state - and, uh, it's actually alive.

I've actually got a bit of free time before Destiny 2's PC Launch and Mario Odyssey - let's face it, I can't just read news on NeoGAF all day since the owner got outed as a sexpest and I've won PoE until December's next major update - So I'm going to see what's going on with Clementine's progress.

It'll probably break my computer. HELP COMPUTER.

EDIT: Well, I tried it. It looks and plays like PSU, so that's good. The only issue is that the control scheme is some janky shit because it's PC-based, so most of your movement/attack stuff is binded to keyboard.

Of course, it's not like that can't be remedied - I'd imagine hooking it up to Steam and creating a PSU SUPER KEYBIND for a 360 pad will fix such nonsense. I'll have a look and see if I can do some stuff.

I made a X-Box Controller Steam Config: steam://controllerconfig/phantasy%20star%20universe%20clementine%20server/1179018760

SO: You add the installed game (PSUC.exe) to Steam, add the controller template, and you're done.

I can't fucking remember the actual controls to the game, mind, so I took some liberties with the controls - Was it X and Y buttons for attack/photon art? And I've made it so that holding the menu button changes the text above you that shows your ID. And luck, although that's not actually in Clementine yet.

Thank god. Also, I forgot how much Vandas are massive bellends.

PAR WOOD.

• 1 month later...

NO JUNCK

I literally have no idea how this played despite spending so long with it. Still have my copy in the cupboard despite giving my 360 away a few years back! May give this a try over Christmas and see how it is. It's not the first private server I've seen for the game but the other one disappeared a while back and this still seems pretty bare-bones unfortunately.

After having had a go some time last week, I have no fucking clue how I played it to the degree that I did ten years ago!

I think it might be because I'm still attempting to use the right stick for camera - which I should probably map with the steam config, really.

I did have a go on a BRAND NEW MISSION, though! Well, it was one of the JP only missions that was added as part of the additional content period before it died off. Turns out it was full of those megid spewing dickheads and I died a lot.

MAYBE LATER