IGNORED

Ridge Racer 6.

Meh

I agree Hen, but I've been playing RR6 for the last couple of days, then today I boot PGR for the first time, in 720p.

The framerate was appalling, to be honest.

I'll have smooth, speedy fun over detailed, stuttery joy anyday.

60 nice lovely frames is quite a contrast actually; I'm in agreement. Wouldn't have thought I would have noticed, either.

Although I'll admit to preferring PGR3, there's something about a nice drift along some hills or down the airport in RR6 that is kind of relaxing... especially when you know it will be silky smooth.

Aah. :(

Apparently (I read this on the internet!) there isn't a great deal of difference between the two.

[edit] Hold the front page!

Am I looking at that wrong, or is the 360 version noticeably better...? Pinch of salt time.

Got a question for you guys.

Just craked open my Ridge Racer 6 after purchasing a while ago from Play.com. I've realised it's an NTSC copy. (US)

Is this bad? It works on my 360, but should I ask for a PAL copy instead?

Got a question for you guys.

Just craked open my Ridge Racer 6 after purchasing a while ago from Play.com. I've realised it's an NTSC copy. (US)

Is this bad? It works on my 360, but should I ask for a PAL copy instead?

Yeah, I got NTSC from Play recently too.

Being region free, I assume they can buy NTSC cheaper than PAL - hence the cheap price.

Me, Hereticboy, Strawdonkey and Dalvado are gona give RR6 some online loving tonight from about 9 ish if anyone wants a blast.

damnit, how did I miss that? I've been caning world xplorer over the last few days.

I'm about 50 % complete now and have finished all of the normal route. For me, the game is fun in bursts of a few races a night. I can't believe how big the game is though. Serious kudos to those that have got all 1000 points on this one. Probably the hardest/longest game I've experience on 360.

I was racing some guys yesterday online who had 2000+ victories in 4000+ races. That's some serious time. That's about 250 hours online alone. :)

I can't believe how big the game is though. Serious kudos to those that have got all 1000 points on this one.

A friend of mine has 940/1000 - he is missing the "Single Race/No Collision" achievement, which is perhaps one of the most sadistic things ever. Don't think I'm going to bother with that one personally :(

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently bought this again and am settling back in after struggling with a dynamic drift car initially I switched back to standard and it all came flooding back. Am I right that there are no classic Ridge tracks in here anywhere? I'd pay Namco for the original Ridge track and some Rage Racer tracks and I haven't spent a single MS Point in a year with my 360.