IGNORED

Your Longest Time Span

wormstrangler

Mine would be Alex Kidd (In Miracle World).

We (me and my cousin) started the game at his house around 1990, maybe a bit earlier, maybe a bit later. We finally finished it at my house on my Dreamcast in 2004. It took 14 years to finish one game.

If I ever get around to finishing SMB 3 then that would ecilpse my Alex Kidd journey but only just.

What's your longest time span to finish a game?

We (me and my cousin) started the game at his house around 1990, maybe a bit earlier, maybe a bit later. We finally finished it at my house on my Dreamcast in 2004. It took 14 years to finish one game.

If I ever get around to finishing SMB 3 then that would ecilpse my Alex Kidd journey but only just.

What's your longest time span to finish a game?

Was there a classics disc or something released? I'd quite like to play Alex Kidd in Miracle World again.

Can't think of anything particularly note worthy but if I do have another go at the final boss in Metroid Prime (as above) then start to finish will be a fair amount of time. I preordered MP btw.

Was there a classics disc or something released? I'd quite like to play Alex Kidd in Miracle World again.

Emulation :D

When I got it working on the dreamcast we would sit down on Friday/Saturday nights with a couple of beers and just play it endlessly (yes that's damn nerdy...but this game wasn't going to beat us). It was quite a frustrating yet fun experience. He was good at parts I wasn't and vice versa so we took levels and sections in turns.

I think it took us a couple of months of these weekend stints to finally beat it.

:D that's pretty much exactly what happened with me too.

I played it all the time when I got my SMS back in '89, and I always used to get stuck near the end - the bit in the last castle where you had to swim through the spikes. Took me 15 years to realize you could use the staff and float up to the ladder.

Finally completed it on my Xbox about a year ago. It's not a particularly great game, but it's so ingrained into my childhood it doesn't really matter...

I still haven't completed Lemmings.

That's what I was going to go for. I never finished it in the Amiga in the early 90's, but picked up the PC version about a year back and whizzed through it in a couple of afternoons.

Same scenario applies with Canon Fodder, though I think I probably had Lemmings first.

I've never beaten a Zelda game, after Burnout 2 corrupted my game saves, I just couldn't be arsed to replay Wind Waker + Bonus Collection. With LTAP I got up to either the last or 2nd to last dungeon and just never bothered to go back to it. With OoT and MM on the 64, I just got stuck somewhere and left it for another game.

It took me about 6 months (with about a 4 month gap) to complete Viewtiful Joe (only on Kids mode), once you beat Fire Lord Leo, the game becomes so much easier.

That's on the shelf as well. S'ok though, I reckon I've played about 10 hours of it (about 6 months ago) so it must be nearly done by now.  Sixty you say... SIXTY?

I'm on around 31 horus, stopped playing it before I went on holiday six months again. Still don't think I'm anywhere near the end though :D

hi,

My longest timespan was about 18 years.

This is for real, i first played Green Beret in the arcades when i was at school - it must have been 1986 or 87 and i was playing it for a few years.

I then moved onto the spectrum version & C64. A few years ago i discovered MAME, and started on the arcade version again.

The worst thing is, i played this game constantly. Ive now yet to clock it on the GBA but i will.

After that, i need to get gold on the javalin with T&F!!

owl

Guest henofdoom

Never finished RE2, had it since release. I think I ended up in the Umbrella labs bit and there were about 20 lickers and I had no ammo. So, I thought to myself 'fuck this' and went back to TOCA.

Whilst I've techinically finished it hundreds of times, I'm determined to one day manage a one credit run on the arcade version of Ghouls n' Ghosts. By that I mean play through it TWICE so that you can get the magic weapon and beat the final boss.

I've been trying to do that on and off for over 15 years. I actually managed to clock it once on a single credit fairly recently (whilst riding my luck something rotten) but got caned on the second play through :P

One day ....

well i could say some Amiga game that i always wanted to complete but that would be a bit rubbish.

I would say i pretty much have two - Final Fantasy 7 - which i first started in 1998. That was on the PC, and after 12 hours my pc crashed and lost the save. I then got the PS1 version and played that for about 15 hours and then we got burgled and had the PS1, FF7 and memory card nicked.

Then last year (or perhaps earlier this year.. cant remember) i started again and am currently 20 hours in. I really need to finish it.

Secondly Kingdom Hearts which i purchased in 2002 (i think) and keep playing it in dribs and drabs (well after the intial 25 hours play). Anyway i am now right at the end , just have a few bosses to do.

I've been playing FF7 on and off since the PAL release day. At the mo the memory card is lost in my loft, but I'm moving soon so should come accross it when I empty the loft.

How long ago was the PAL release? I'd guess at 8 years, must be about 18 months since I last played a bit.

I think the longest I've actually taken to complete a game is 15 years with the original Zelda. First played it in 1988, only ever got to the fourth dungeon or so. Then I got a NES, Zelda and a few other games as a Christmas gift a couple of years back, and only then did I actually finish Zelda, in 2003.

Having said that, I think that might have been the first time I finished Metroid too. And Super Mario Bros... :)