IGNORED

All 360 Owners

kerraig UK

Have you tried firing up the console with the game in and holding down A until the Bethesda logo appears? This clears the caches which may help.

I'll give it a try, cheers. It hasn't done it in a while, now it seems content to run very smoothly 90% of the time and then grind to a halt trying to render an especially difficult tree or boulder :unsure:

I think my headset is broken. It's far to queit to hear people talking through it. Is this normal (I seem to remember hearing the 360 headset is shit) or is mine fucked?

Finally set up an x-box live account last night, only played Halo 2, but the sound through the headset seems to be distorted and completely illegible most of the time with the occasional person being crystal clear. Anyone?

Bought mine last week... *fingers crossed*

One thing that does worry me though, is the sheer amount of XBLA games I have downloaded and don't want to lose *if* anything does go wrong.

Do Microsoft re-imburse you for the games you stand to lose on a replacement unit? Surely the gamertag holds information on what XBLA games you have downloaded? Couldn't Microsoft just call up the info at HQ and allow you free downloads of the games you've already bought?

Bought mine last week... *fingers crossed*

One thing that does worry me though, is the sheer amount of XBLA games I have downloaded and don't want to lose *if* anything does go wrong.

Do Microsoft re-imburse you for the games you stand to lose on a replacement unit? Surely the gamertag holds information on what XBLA games you have downloaded? Couldn't Microsoft just call up the info at HQ and allow you free downloads of the games you've already bought?

XBLA games are stored on your hard drive though, not the console, and if anything does go wrong with your 360 you just detach the hard drive and send off your console, thus retaining your saves, XBLA games etc.

XBLA games are stored on your hard drive though, not the console, and if anything does go wrong with your 360 you just detach the hard drive and send off your console, thus retaining your saves, XBLA games etc.

Twyford - The voice of re-assurance! Let's just hope that it's not the HDD that busts on mine then.

Still makes me wonder if MS do have a contingency plan for faulty drives with XBLX data stored on them...

Surely they wouldn't expect you to pay for the software all over again... would they?...

4 swaps? That's some bad breakage record you've got there.

My 360 gave up this week, the Red Ring Of Doom etc, following the Dead Rising and Saints row demo downloads. It's all swapped out and now I'm happy. The new 'box is quieter (just) and plays games which I swear were as choppy as anything (GRAW multiplayer on Rocky Cove, for instance) with nary a framerate skip.

I got mine just over a week ago, and I'd say that sound wise, it's comparable to an original PS2 running a game from CD, although maybe a bit duller and smoother.

Still a noisy beast though, it's easily my biggest complaint with the whole system, and for some reason Perfect Dark is the only game to spin so fast it rattles the chrome cover of the drive, and creates a terrible racket, although this seems to disappear after about 15 mins of play. Of the other six games I've got, it's the only game to do this. :)

I do wonder if there is much they can ever do about this though. Even my Mac makes a fair old noise when spinning a disc at full whack, I mean can they even fix this in future models, or is it just the nature of fast drives.

As a point of interest, the game shop I bought it from gave me a two year warranty, and said their policy is to replace the first broken machine themselves, but that afterwards I have to deal with MS.

As a point of interest, the game shop I bought it from gave me a two year warranty, and said their policy is to replace the first broken machine themselves, but that afterwards I have to deal with MS.

I got mine this morning , and i also got a two year warranty.I got mine at argos so what happens if your 1 year warranty is up with MS will they still fix it?

I got mine this morning , and i also got a two year warranty.I got mine at argos so what happens if your 1 year warranty is up with MS will they still fix it?

Argos being Argos, I imagine they will give you a spangly new one no problem, and either send the fecked one to MS for use as a refurb box, or toss it in the company skip.

My third 360 has been messing up for a while now, not anything gaming related oddly, but the disc tray.

Every time I press the tray button (either with the remote or on the 360 itself) it does the green light effect, as if its opening, but it doesn't open. It takes a few presses in order for it to open. Annoying.

After freezing on the first computer and disc scratching on the 2nd, I think I'll keep this one till 2007 when those cooler 360's come out. Unless of course, some other shit happens before then. :lol:

Got mine back in January, worked flawless up until a week ago.It started getting graphical artifacts and then freezing, eventualy just the three red lights of doom.

Had flashed my drive so no sending back, luckily the heat gun trick fixed the motherboard and its working sweet now.

I think people who have a machine was manufactured from several months ago may eventualy come into problems(my mates died a couple of months back)

Definatly a manufacturing fault on a fair number of the machines from several months ago imo.

Got mine back in January, worked flawless up until a week ago.It started getting graphical artifacts and then freezing, eventualy just the three red lights of doom.

Definatly a manufacturing fault on a fair number of the machines from several months ago imo.

I have the same issue, mine packed up last week.

My 360 was bought at launch.

Am really pissed off about it - rarely do things nark me but this got me going. I have looked after my 360, have never had a console break down on me before - my Mk1 JPN PlayStation and Neo-Geo still go strong. This doesn't look good on MS.

Am really pissed off about it - rarely do things nark me but this got me going. I have looked after my 360, have never had a console break down on me before - my Mk1 JPN PlayStation and Neo-Geo still go strong. This doesn't look good on MS.

Touchwood but mine hasnt died on me and Ive had it since launch. You might think it doesnt look good on MS but compared to Sony on faulty PS2 stakes they are practically Saints.

Those who have had umpteen replacements (I've had 2 myself), what's the manufacturing date on the "new" ones you've been sent? It would be useful to work out if it's just the initial batch that are fault, for which I think we've all acknowledged there were manufacturing faults, or if recent ones are doing it too, ie. something more inherent to the design.

I'm on my fourth machine and all my faulty ones were made before launch - dates in October if I remember.

I've got a new 360 from GameStation now, made in June, which seems markedly quieter and less crash-prone.

mine's been as stable as a torrettes toddler in tokyo. crashes more than windows me. i've had more crashes in the past month of owning a 360, than all my other consoles combined, multiplied by the number of consoles i own, multiplied by the number of hot dinners i've had.

pity i'm enjoying the games really ...