rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

All 360 Owners

Hey guys, thought i'd best post this here... I bought my 360 from Virgin on Thursday, and it seems i've lost my receipt ;)

Now... What is the situation if anything happens to my 360? Would Virgin normally be my first port of call, or is it Microsoft I speak to?

I'm thinking of going in and asking Virgin for a new receipt... I'll take my bank statement in. I'm hoping it'll work... has anyone ever done this before with any success?

I'm such a worrier, and KNOWING that i might not be able to exchange my XBox360 in the future if it goes wrong is a bit unsettling, especially after reading this thread.

Can anyone help with ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Hey guys, thought i'd best post this here... I bought my 360 from Virgin on Thursday, and it seems i've lost my receipt ;)

Now... What is the situation if anything happens to my 360? Would Virgin normally be my first port of call, or is it Microsoft I speak to?

I'm thinking of going in and asking Virgin for a new receipt... I'll take my bank statement in. I'm hoping it'll work... has anyone ever done this before with any success?

I'm such a worrier, and KNOWING that i might not be able to exchange my XBox360 in the future if it goes wrong is a bit unsettling, especially after reading this thread.

Can anyone help with ideas on what to do?

Thanks

You wont have a problem getting Microsoft to replace it. Give them a ring and they will register the console and sort out a free pickup. You dont need a receipt. As for going back to Virgin? Your a bit screwed on that front unless you have some way of proving you actually bought it from them? Like points on a card perhaps.

Credit card receipt will do.

Don't have that either. Will a bank statement do?

Or getting them to check their system?

It was from the early bird sale, so there could only have been 5 people bought it for that price on Thursday, and im one of them.

What a pickle ;)

Simmy, a bank statement should be fine.

---

I've just turned my 360 on and got 3 red lights and ERROR 74. Rebooted it and it's fine. Is this the start of a slippery slope?

Possibly, my first 360 gave that error on a Saturday night, it was fine after a reboot and a couple of hours usage on the Sunday - Then Sunday evening nothing but the 3 red lights.

My third 360 has been going strong for a couple of months now.

I just bought a 360 and don't get a ring of green lights on mine around the power display - just one light of four is lit up. Same thing on the controller. Is this normal? It seems to work ok though.

Edit: I'm stupid! They represent the active controllers. Got worried as the machine seemed to not work with the first copy of Oblivion I tried.

I just bought a 360 and don't get a ring of green lights on mine around the power display - just one light of four is lit up. Same thing on the controller. Is this normal? It seems to work ok though.

yes, its just a controller indicator. 2 pads=2 lights etc. The controller set change depending on which number it's assigned to in the console

Just received mine back from Microsoft. They've replaced my October 05 model with a July 06 one. Sweet.

Can I just register the replacement one and get another 12 month warranty?

Just received mine back from Microsoft. They've replaced my October 05 model with a July 06 one. Sweet.

Can I just register the replacement one and get another 12 month warranty?

No they take the serial down and you get what was left from your orginal xbox.

No they take the serial down and you get what was left from your orginal xbox.

Unless of course you swapped it from the likes of Game first. Thats what I did, extra 12 months free.

Got my 360 back from UPS this morning. Unpackaged it and guess what, the donuts at the repair centre forgot to put part of the power supply in!

Spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone to someone half way round the world trying to explain the situation. Oh 3/4's of that time was on hold :rolleyes:

I've tried searching for a phone number for the repair centre but no luck, can anyone help?

Stupid idiots have given me another faulty box. On this one the drive opens and closes but won't read any disc I give it. Phoned them up and had a go, they're going to give me a free game (PGR3).

Pathetically inept though, they also said the serial number of the box they sent me wasnt on their database. I am quite literally rolling my eyes as I type.

had mine two months now, and it's going back for a repair. more and more crashes, final had enough. annoyingly if i'd tried in the first month, then they'd have swapped it, now it's going away for repair instead.

My January '06 machine just bit the dust. I bought it in March, it should be fine to take back to the shop I bought it in, right? I have the receipt, but not the box.

My second machine is going back. Been getting the chequered screen pattern for the last coupleof days. Now I'll miss the PSU beta.:P

My second is freezing all the time, I couldn't get onto my other account yesturday so I gave up.

I'll be taking it back to Game on Saturday, do they give you the option to get yor money back?

It's just I want to get one from Gamestation as they have a might offer on there.

.::: Well, as mentioned in the Gears of War thread. Mine stopped working properly.

061011_ring_of_red_01.jpg

061011_ring_of_red_02.jpg

http://www.bashers.nl/2006/10/ring_of_red_...huize_leeuw.php

The fun thing is that I needed to phone them back after testing one thing or the other, but suddenly there's a waiting line of more then twenty minutes now. Crap.

BONUS: The guy on the phone told me that I shouldn't be using the VGA-cable. Why thank you, will you also buy me an HDTV to compensate then?

.::: Well got through for the second time, it's going back allright. The guy told me to keep the HDD *THANK GOD* and only send back the console and the power-brick. Will take about ten days.

Luckily Samurai Legend Musashi is only 10 euro's, so I'll be filling up my X360 time with other stuff it seems.

.::: Well, as mentioned in the Gears of War thread. Mine stopped working properly.

061011_ring_of_red_01.jpg

I thought that photo showed your reflection in the monitor with an awesome look of horror on your face! I did wonder what you were doing with the steering wheel though.

I'm a bit slow this morning.

If you can swap them in shops why are people still sending them back to MS?

.::: I don't know about the UK, but in the Netherlands to swap them in-shop after two weeks is a big no-no.

First two weeks, guarantee is with the store which will swap it for a new one.

After two weeks, guarantee is with Microsoft.

You can drop them off at a store, but in that case you need to send it back COMPLETELY, including box, cables, booklets, everything. And you won't get a new one instantly, they'll just send it off to repairs for you. So that's why I'm just sending it to Microsoft directly.

PS: Not only that but the serial number on this one is registered to me, so swapping it could cause other problems in the long run.

This thread makes me more concerned by the minute for my two month old machine... Should I register the console via the website? Do you have to do this in order for Microsoft to take it away for exchange?

Ok, well in the UK I think you can phone MS and get a reference code, which you give to the store you bought the console from and they just swap it for a brand new one. You're likely to lose your HDD this way but I know of at least one person who managed to get the shop to let them keep that aswell.

This thread makes me more concerned by the minute for my two month old machine... Should I register the console via the website? Do you have to do this in order for Microsoft to take it away for exchange?

It's more worrying being one of the few people with a working 2005 machine and it creeping towards the warranty expirey. I hardly use my 360 which is more than likely why it's still going. I hope MS honour the system they have in the US where a 2005 machine is covered for 2 years.

I bought mine from Dixons online, and there was no way I was asking them about exchanges etc.

Also, my replacement I got about a month ago is looking dodgy, froze yesterday...I fear the worst...

Also, what was the exact launch date in the UK? They always ask me when I got it and I can never remember the launch date...

It's more worrying being one of the few people with a working 2005 machine and it creeping towards the warranty expirey. I hardly use my 360 which is more than likely why it's still going. I hope MS honour the system they have in the US where a 2005 machine is covered for 2 years.

This is exactly why I sent mine back. I'm on my second and it has a build date a week older than my first machine. As soon as it started freezing on Monday I decided to send it back. Hopefully I get a more recent one.