Hiphop Vs Industrial Drones

scribble

I love this record.. its one of the few hip hop albums that I have really liked on first play. I thought it was going to be a fairly generic album from the first few seconds.. and then this totally mad drone rock style backing kicked in.. a sound that fades in out out.. sometimes eclipses the vocals.

So, yeah... you should give them a go. I've never heard them mentioned around here, so maybe I'll be making a positive contribution to this style of music on rllmuk for once. :D

Here's "Distorted Prose", from absence:

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2E3PZKT...JJ2FJUDLRDUJT5Y

This sounds like dream stuff for me - will hve to check it out when I have money. I believe student loan kicks in about the 20th Jan so hopefully then.

These guys are on Mike Patton's label, aren't they? I read a short interview with them months ago in Terrorizer. Apparently their name is pronounced 'Dialect'...

Yeah, Ipecac. Thats the pronounciation according to the label site, too.

Well I'm liking the Distorted Prose track, really low slung and dirty. I don't think that Even Somber sounds that much different to be honest so I'm suprised anybody would like one but not the other. Prose is definately better IMO, I shall be keeping that one. Thanks scribble!