The Rllmuk Online Poker Classic: Season 3

Jesse May

Roll up, roll up to witness the exciting climax to Season 3 of the Rllmuk Online Poker Classic! Let's have plenty of you signed up tonight to see if you can sway the outcome. The current table looks like this:

Week 9 Standings (Best 7 results apply)

1. Bazclef 49 pts

2. ThreeBs 41 pts

3. Bill E Brown 33 pts

4. SpongeThe3rd 28 pts

5. baldiboy8 26 pts

6. jonamok 25 pts

7. Stiflertime 22 pts

8. popseen 21 pts

9. Davweb 16 pts

10. Fondue3 15 pts

11. Tekunikaru 14 pts

12. SideshowMark 13 pts

13. SuperNashwan 12 pts

14. Bettsy77 11 pts

15. U-1 8 pts

16. packetloss 5 pts

17. TwistedChris 4 pts

18= idlemicael 1 pt

18= LemonSquirtle 1 pt

18= SimonAv 1 pt

I think I'm correct in saying that bazclef must come 4th or higher tonight to clinch the title. It's in his hands: no pressure! If he comes 5th or lower, however, then reigning champion ThreeBs has the chance to tie the race at 49 points if he takes 1st spot tonight. Exciting stuff. So lets get as many people in the game tonight as possible to make things interesting.

Also, those who haven't yet, post your MSN addresses in here (or PM them to me if you'd rather), and I'll set up a group chat in time for tonight's game.

Didn't even see what beat me tonight (or more importantly, care).

But that goes to show how I don't pay enough attention anymore, and as such that was my last game and I've cashed out.

Cheers for the games everyone.

Well, sorry to see you go Pete. Incidently, your 3 kings were beaten by 3 aces!

Well, a quick one for me as well, got 8 playable pockets out of the first ten hands, and missed on all of them. Still, getting my full house beaten was a git to go out on, but roll on next season.

Many thanks to all for the games this season, really enjoyed it.

Woohoo! :ph34r:

A terrribly frustrating game of poker, hardly hit any cards, and ended up short-stacked and busted out in 4th to a coinflip. Well done to Davweb who took down tonights game after a tough heads up battle against Bill E Brown.

Really really pleased with the league win, probably my biggest poker achievement to date! Thanks very much to everyone who took part and helped organize it, spot on from beginning to end.

GG to everyone I played against this season, hope to see you all again in Season 4.

Wel played Baz....a worthy champion for this season.

Sorry to see Spongeman go, perhaps you'll be back again after a rest.

Hope to see everyone, and some of our earlier players, for next season.

A MASSIVE thanks to Bill for organising this season, especially with all the cocking around we had with UB.

Really enjoyed the games. The banter on the table has been really good. A huge thanks to all who organised it - I too have now run my account dry and have spent far too much trying to win back my losses so I too will be giving it a rest for a while.

Thanks again and well played to all this season.

Huge congratulations to bazclef on a well-deserved series victory. The rllmuk champ!

Sorry to see Sponge and baldiboy drop out – thanks for joining in with the games lads, they've been great. The worrying outcome of this, however, is that Season 4 could look very thin on the ground if things continue. Towards the end of Season 3, we were lucky to be getting 7 or 8 players as opposed to the 15 or 16 average we were previously used to. I really hope we can get people back in for the new season. Perhaps we should have a few weeks' rest and see if we can find out why so many people fell away. I'll be starting a feedback thread soon to see if we can get some insight into the issues people have had.

Also, I was about to do the final table, and I've just realised I didn't email last night's results to myself. Can anyone help me out? I have an idea of who came where, but these are the only ones I know for sure:

1. davweb

2. Bill E Brown

4. bazclef

8. SpongeThe3rd

Was it Bettsy in 4th?

Might seem daft, but the numbers seemed to drop when we moved from UB.

That's a good point. I'm sure a lot of people probably couldn't be bothered with that hassle of changing poker site.

I reckon it would be a good idea to have a 4 week or so break. Then arrange a single $10 buy-in game, similar idea to the Christmas one... and gauge from that how much interest there is for a 4th season.

The move to PokerRoom did bring with it a slightly lower turnout, but the numbers were dwindling before that, no question.

I agree that we should give it a few weeks and see where we are. It'll be a real shame if we don't have enough people to carry on, though.

I'd suggest a break of a couple of weeks, and a new thread asking for feedback from all players (with a PM to everyone who has ever played asking for their thoughts).

I think that a lot of people stopped when we started getting cocked around by UB, but there was a definite dwindling before then as well.

It may also be that every week is too often for some people.

Personally I'd play every week if we only had 5 regulars, but it's a real shame that we aren't getting the 15-20 we were regularly getting before Christmas.

A feedback forum may help us get to the bottom of why that is, and put it right.

I also have a feeling that the lack of observer chat after you're knocked out has made a big difference......it was when we had problems with this at UB that numbers started falling.

To me, and I think a lot of the other players, the banter was as important as the poker, and not being able to chat on the final table after being knocked out does make it lose its attraction somewhat.

Agree with everything you said. The banter was what seperated losing to silent strangers from having a laugh whilst losing your money to someone with a 'B' in their username ;-)

I would also play no matter how many are in attendance (until I completely do my wedge), but I have also found my enjoyment dwindling due to pokerroom. I still hate the site.

Another suggestion might be to have the game on the same night each week. The chopping and changing might cause a few people to miss out, simply by getting the wrong day or not checking the forum every day. If it were the same day each week, perhaps peeps might be able to organise events on other days?

I would also play no matter how many are in attendance.

Another suggestion might be to have the game on the same night each week. The chopping and changing might cause a few people to miss out, simply by getting the wrong day or not checking the forum every day. If it were the same day each week, perhaps peeps might be able to organise events on other days?

I'll definately play every week despite low numbers too.

Same night of the week would be fine with me too... we could have a vote to see which is the best night for everyone.

Yeah I also agree with the pokerroom comments. You don't even have enough time to say "arsecakes!" into the window before you are kicked. I know there's the tournament window there still, but that's hardly ever used. Besides, it was nice to be able to sit in and watch the rest of the game.

You could click back into the tournament once you were knocked out to watch the rest of the action, Sponge -- but I agree that the chat thing is frustrating.

I would say the simplicity of the PokerRoom tournament creation gives it the edge over UB, but it's clearly not perfect.

Final League Standings (Best 7 results from a maximum of 10 games)

1. Bazclef 50 pts

2. ThreeBs 42 pts

3. Bill E Brown 40 pts

4. baldiboy8 30 pts

5. SpongeThe3rd 29 pts

6= Davweb 26 pts

6= jonamok 26 pts

8. popseen 23 pts

9. Stiflertime 22 pts

10. Bettsy77 17 pts

11. Fondue3 15 pts

12. Tekunikaru 14 pts

13. SideshowMark 13 pts

14. SuperNashwan 12 pts

15. U-1 8 pts

16. packetloss 5 pts

17. TwistedChris 4 pts

18= idlemicael 1 pt

18= LemonSquirtle 1 pt

18= SimonAv 1 pt

Huge congratulations to Bazclef on a storming win despite a late surge from last season's champ, ThreeBs. It was great to see a couple of new faces along during this latest set of games, here's hoping that you guys will stick around. Numbers dwindled towards the end of the season, so I'll be starting a feedback thread shortly to see if we can address any issues and make sure that Season 4 is as player friendly as possible.

Needless to say, the standard of poker has been good and the spirit the games have been played in has been nothing short of wonderful. You're a credit to the forum, poker players. It been a pleasure to organise (on that note, apologies for the late table updates some weeks).

• 3 weeks later...