IGNORED

The Comeback

The Liberal Elite

I always thought Lisa Kudrow was the best thing about Friends - that itsn't to say that I actually *liked* friends, but she was pretty fun...

anyway, she's got this 'new' show on Living made by HBO, which seems to be very 'Alan Partridge' in that it's about some has been sitcom actress trying to revive her career - with hilarious consequences!

worth a go, if you have the channel, anyway.

IMHO

anyway, in the first ep, the idea is that she's going for the role in a pilot of some show filled with beautiful teens. Kudrow is deluded enough to believe that she's 'in with da kidz', but comes over like thier mums, so they wereite her role to 'sassy aunt', meaning baggy pink tracksuit. you had to be there, I guess. most excruciating bit is where kudrow is denied a retake of one of her scenes, so she starts playing up to the audience until they relent.

I wouldn't get too attached – it was cancelled after 13 episodes. Of course, we know by now that isn't necessarily an accurate indicator of the show's actual quality. I've got a few episodes knocking around that I haven't seen yet. I'll have to take a look.

• 8 years later...

I just started watching this, have seen six eps so far, and it's great. A real shame that it didn't carry on, but I guess it's got a bit of a limited shelf life as a concept.

It's no Larry Sanders Show of course, but it regularly hits the right 'TV people are scum' notes, so it works quite nicely.

• 7 years later...

As I’ve inadvertently ended up with paying for a month of the execrable Now TV I have been somewhat mollified by the fact they have Series 2 of The Comeback, which is excellent, just like Series 1 of The Comeback!