Nintendo DS Lite

Duckula

taken from UK:R

bwds1.jpg

bwds2.jpg

bwds3.jpg

bwds4.jpg

-_-

Dear god what utter crap. And this is from the US division, fuck knows it what amazing ways Nintendo Europe are going to fuck things up.

I already had serious worries about how they will market the Wii, now i think it could fail on marketing alone because the name gives them such an up hill battle. They really can, and could never, market for toffee :)

.::: US? Those are from Europe... At least, I remember picking them off a UK server...

This is probably the noobest of noob questions, but I'll be getting a DS this summer I reckon.

Is it possible to have different IDs on the same DS for stuff like Animal Crossing, etc? Me and my better half have always shared our games (naturally), and rare occasions like Advance Wars, with its single save game slot, have caused much consternation.

So can we both have our own puppies on a single DS, with a single copy Nintendogs, for example? Please enlighten me. Ta.

Animal crossing allows more than one resident. Also Nintendogs allows you to have multiple dogs. Just have one each.

Animal crossing allows more than one resident. Also Nintendogs allows you to have multiple dogs. Just have one each.

Phew - that's great to know. I just knew it'd start problems otherwise. My other half would never normally play something like Advance Wars on the GBA, but just because she couldn't meant that she wanted to.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be back in this thread when I've got one -_-

so it's launching at £100 over here?

i think i might well be swayed. i reallly want new SMB, ouendan, and animal crossing. not sure about mario 64, is the control horrible?

plus, it's coming in black. fuck yes.

Hmmm, for the sake of £20 I'm still tempted by Yesasia offering a Lite with express shipping. Is this guaranteed to evade import tax like their regular deliveries?

Basically yes. I got a Navy beauty and no tax or anything. Plus it's not coming out anywhere else for the near future.

Do it.

not sure about mario 64, is the control horrible?

Yes, it's shit.

Imagine one of the best games ever (Mario 64) and then imagine playing it upside down. With your feet. It's like that, only worse.

It'll be cheaper to buy here when it comes out in exactly a month, Play and Gameplay.co.uk have it for £100 or thereabouts. But I kinda want it right this minute and I'll pay a little extra for the priviledge. And I do really want a navy one.

Regardless of EBA, one needs Ouendan. EBA is a pseudo sequel, not a replacement.

It'll be cheaper to buy here when it comes out in exactly a month, Play and Gameplay.co.uk have it for £100 or thereabouts. But I kinda want it right this minute and I'll pay a little extra for the priviledge. And I do really want a navy one.

Regardless of EBA, one needs Ouendan. EBA is a pseudo sequel, not a replacement.

aaah, i suspected as much.

probably buy the DS over here and then try and find out about importing ouendan once i've got one.

ta!

I was in Gamestop in Belfast today asking bout the Lite and they're not even taking pre-orders yet, even though it's out in almost exactly a month (25th June, no price set yet) -_-

One question remains though, Black or White?

bwds4.jpg

it's finally struck me why these ads are soooo bad. At first i just thought they weere just a poor mans CK rip-off with crap models and now it's clear where they're going wrong so spectacularly:

the people in the ads look sooooooo bored! Fucking hell, DS is supposed to be fun to play, why the hell haev the stuck theses emotionless drones in the ads? I can see that there's going tor the mature angle, but they could have done that in a much better way, look at iPod ads for example. God they're just so wrong it's not even funny -_-

EDIT: another point, great idea having a white DS and everyone wearing white so you can hardly notice anyone holding the touch pen.

It's cheaper and faster at the moment to get a pal ds lite from Australia (from dvdcrave fe). It's released over there on June 1. If it sails through customs unnoticed. But I understand packages from Australia tend to dodge taxes.

Hmmm...my mate is on holiday in NZ at the moment. Looks like being 280 NZD (£90) over there, also released on June 1.

What would I do about a charger if I got an antipodean DS Lite?

Yes, it's shit.

Imagine one of the best games ever (Mario 64) and then imagine playing it upside down. With your feet. It's like that, only worse.

I swear I remember reading you say it was fine when it first came out... :)

Maybe I mixed you up with someone else.

Hmmm...my mate is on holiday in NZ at the moment. Looks like being 280 NZD (£90) over there, also released on June 1.

You can get a kiwi->UK plug adaptor in New Zealand (Dick Smith Electronics is probably the best bet). These are cheap, but will make your charger a bit bulky.

NZ is on pretty much the same voltage as the UK/EU (220 I think), so no problems there.

I swear I remember reading you say it was fine when it first came out... :)

Maybe I mixed you up with someone else.

I think you must have done. I've been saying it's unplayable since the day it came through my letterbox.

It's cheaper and faster at the moment to get a pal ds lite from Australia (from dvdcrave fe). It's released over there on June 1. If it sails through customs unnoticed. But I understand packages from Australia tend to dodge taxes.

Yeah, about £79 if we're lucky. Those of us who've gone with DVD Crave will regret it when they come with dead pixels and we can't be bothered to pay to send them back to Australia, though.

You can get a kiwi->UK plug adaptor in New Zealand (Dick Smith Electronics is probably the best bet). These are cheap, but will make your charger a bit bulky.

NZ is on pretty much the same voltage as the UK/EU (220 I think), so no problems there.

Surely it would be easier to just use a UK DS charger?

Black!!

In your face to all the importers!!

Well maybe not seeing as they have had all those wonderful games to play for almost a year while I patiently awaited the UK release. I woulda imported but as I have other responsibilities these days waiting for UK release was a good way of minimising 'unnecessary' spending.