IGNORED

Nintendo DS Lite

Duckula

Could some Lite owners please walk out and report back on visibility in various light conditions? So far only MID reported that it was easier to see in daylight, but it's not conclusive enough to my liking yet.

.::: DeathRay Mode is excellent outside imo.

Went to GS and tried to get a black DS. Only had 3 in and they are all pre-ordered. CUNTS.

On the brightside, i managed to get hold of the last white DS, blagged me some animal crossing action, not sure what to expect but for 9.99 i aint complaining!

GS also give 45 for the DS. So screw GAME ;)

On playing Mario 64, there some colour bleeding and blur, IMO the screen is brighter than the PSP but the pic quality aint as good.

Oh so you were talking shit again. I would be surprised but strangely it seems to make sense.

I've played it loads you ridiculous penis, I just can't be bothered with the multiplayer stuff because I hate pretty much every online FPS. I've put more than enough hours in to know that playing with the stylus is a thousand times better than playing with a screen-destroying lump of plastic.

Keep going, this is keeping me entertained.

Could some Lite owners please walk out and report back on visibility in various light conditions? So far only MID reported that it was easier to see in daylight, but it's not conclusive enough to my liking yet.

Once again it seems like he was talking out of his arse.

With direct sun light hitting the screen the old DS is far superior. It's not a perfect picture but you can see what's going on. With the DS Lite the picture was so washed out it was unplayable, that's on the lowest and highest brightness settings. In the shade the DS lite just edges ahead. It's clearer to see the game on the old DS but you can tell the colours are so much duller and it doesn't look as vibrant.

It's when you walk back indoors that the difference shows. The DS was so it's dull self but the Lite looked outstanding.

I tested it using Mario Kart.

Keep going, this is keeping me entertained.

Pass. He's like a school child. "I could beat you so super easy with my magic powers. I just don't feel like it". You've got to laugh.

You people actually play your DS OUTSIDE?

I cannot think of a single time I have in the 8 months that I've owned one...

You can plug in one of your old Boktai games to play Lunar Knights properly. I guess it would be handy for that but otherwise you're right, it's all about the inside and their the difference is crazy. It's like going from an SP to a Micro. You never want to go back.

I imagine most people are interested in knowing for commuting. Those train windows are no match for the aesome power of the sun.

What's up with the D pad on this thing?

Is mine broken or is it meant to feel spongey and unresponsive? Seems to need an awful lot of pressure to move on the diagonals. Feels okay for Mario Kart, but it's hard not to run over my flowers in Animal Crossing. ;)

Still, at least it looks like 'teh sex'. ;)

Is mine broken or is it meant to feel spongey and unresponsive? Seems to need an awful lot of pressure to move on the diagonals. Feels okay for Mario Kart, but it's hard not to run over my flowers in Animal Crossing. ;)

.::: Well it wouldn't be a Nintendo product otherwise eh? I initially thought they made a perfect iteration this time around. Tough luck I suppose.

The other week when we had all that really hot sunny weather, I was off work and spent a fair proportion of every day sitting in the garden under a big parasol, playing on my Lite and wirelessly surfing on my iBook. The iBook was just about useable but washed out even on the brightest setting. The Lite was perfectly fine on the third setting (i.e. one off top brightness). Admittedly I didn't try it in direct sunlight but it was bright enough to make the iBook screen nearly unusable and the Lite coped without even using the nuclear option.

I hope this unscientific and anecdotal evidence is of use to somebody.

Why are you using the buttons on Animal Crossing? It's begging to be "stylused".