Outrun2dc

nausea

Fair play.

Its a completely different situation to get a western dev (Sumo) to port the game compared to the recent raft of Japanese Naomi ports, If the game can be done on the PSP and PS2 then it would be something special to see it on the DC.

Worth supporting if only to see the official response.

Oh, for a second I thought this would be some wacko homebrew developer attempting to port Outrun 2 over to the DC themselves. Which would have warmed the Sunday evening cockles of my heart, so it would.

This is... optimistic.

Crazy - but it won't work.

Unless they equip the Ferrari's with laser guns and change it to a top down perspective.

Even then the shooter fans will only slag it off by saying its level system is like Darius.

Seriously though, good luck to them.

The DC could easily pull it off when you look at the graphical capabilties in games like Daytona USA. The Ferrari license might be an issue, but fuck it - keep the gameplay and use alternative cars.

1. Create simple web banners to use in Dreamcast community websites, forum avatars and signatures to further advertise the existence and purpose of this campaign.

2. If this first stage of the campaign shows positive results a second print of 5 000 copies will be produced and shipped by me. The placement (UK, JP, US) will be handled by willing members of the community again.

3. A package with all the signed petitions will be sent to SEGA J, or AM2 accompanied by an introductory letter.

4. Wait for response!

skeletonatdesk10bn.jpg

Pardon me if I'm missing something, but why do they only want it on DC?

Because the soul still burns! Beyond that... it's a DC geek thing, like a secret club. You don't want to join, trust me. I've been trying to let go for years now, trying to let the dream die, but it just won't. My DC is still hooked up, and there really is no closure for the white little box. It's like one of those Andrex puppies with broken legs. You can't bear to put them down, so let them linger, and then they drag themselves around on the floor whimpering all day...

Best of luck to whoever came up with that deranged Outrun2 plan.

:unsure:

Its good to see the forum spirit is alive and well, Why support something when you can simply moan about it or criticize huh?. Seems like an all too often recurring theme these days where people self limit whats available.

I thought the idea was crazy and unrealistic at the time but the killjoys make me want it to happen just because now.

You know that Outrun 2 started development as a Dreamcast title?

No?

Oh well it did, and was going to be called Outrun 2000 and due to be released on Naomi in 2000 as the name suggests.

Look, stop teasing us. Just reveal when you're going to publicly leak that beta copy you have. :o

Its good to see the forum spirit is alive and well, Why support something when you can simply moan about it or criticize huh?. Seems like an all too often recurring theme these days where people self limit whats available.

I thought the idea was crazy and unrealistic at the time but the killjoys make me want it to happen just because now.

There's nothing to praise in that idea. They're basically asking a company to threaten its financial stability by spending a large amount of time, resources, and money to convert a game to a dead console, with no rationale behind it save some misguided sense of irrational brand loyalty. I mean, all credit to the people behind this for having an idea and then writing that idea down in the form of bullet points on a web page, but I think their time would be better spent on more plausible projects, like porting MAME to Babbage's difference engine, or building a life-size replica of Leicester out of crisps.