The Unofficial Aston Villa thread!

ClassicReplay

Yep. I still have concerns in the medium to long term, I'd be surprised if Vlaar, Delph or Benteke are with us next season. Delph will be the one which burns if he leaves on a Bosman. We should get good money for Benteke and we've had our monies worth out of Vlaar, who still can't be relied on to play 30 games a season. Okore looks like he is the player we all hoped he would be, it's a damn shame he lost over a year to injury. Let's hope Kozak makes a similar impact when he returns after what will be a similar absence.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that Arsenal result was due. I've said it before but I'll be amazed if we make it this season. Lambert's won 34 games out of a possible 113 and we've had a period of 4 years with really bleak, record breaking results. It's like the football equivalent of global warming. Only with bad football results.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see why the fans have been turning on Lambert. Lerner just hasn't been investing enough into the team, where has all that TV money gone? Villa are currently where they would be expected to be after years of under investment. I know Lerner wants out and has been trying to sell for years now but he's going to find it far more difficult to find a buyer when Villa are playing Championship football.

I don't see why the fans have been turning on Lambert. Lerner just hasn't been investing enough into the team, where has all that TV money gone? Villa are currently where they would be expected to be after years of under investment. I know Lerner wants out and has been trying to sell for years now but he's going to find it far more difficult to find a buyer when Villa are playing Championship football.

Because we have been fucking awful under his tenure. We don't have the worst squad in the league but he's somehow made it so we can't win games or score goals. This "new" playstyle which the club have been trying to adopt for two or three months is a disaster, we barely register a shot on target in most games so it's little wonder why we never fucking score a goal. I think the fans have changed their mind about Lambert because his tenure has ceased to become a question of who could do any better? with the resources available to one of who could do any worse?

Can't see it. He's doing very well at Derby and we didn't exactly do right by him in the summer of 2012 when he interviewed for the job, did we? My money would be on Sherwood. I'm not sure I want him, but I just have a gut feeling that is who the club will approach.

Been following the hashtag on Twitter and a couple of people have made the observation that Paul Lambert will probably be Celtic manager within a year, win the SPL with them and have a load of people within the game declare that he's always been an amazing manager and it was somehow our [the fans] fault he was shit at Villa Park.

Strange time to sack Lambert, with the transfer window just closed. Typical of the mess the club is in right now.

They should have got rid of him six weeks ago, and nabbed Pulis, when he was available. The football might have been wretched, but at least it would be effective.

There's no one available at the moment who's any cop - Sherwood would be a disaster.

Better to accept that relegation is a certainty, and plan to get a decent young manager in to try and bring us back up. Perhaps Howe, if Bournemouth don't make it up.

Best thing that could've happened for the neutrals, Villa under Lambert were positively depressing, and Sherwood's brand of play is at least exciting if nothing else. They should really have made a change over the summer, but I suppose long term planning and trying to sell a club don't really go together.

Best thing that could've happened for the neutrals, Villa under Lambert were positively depressing, and Sherwood's brand of play is at least exciting if nothing else. They should really have made a change over the summer, but I suppose long term planning and trying to sell a club don't really go together.

His football wasn't exciting in any way, he did bring on some youth players so he has that for him - bit concerning the rest of his team are elsewhere tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you go down, I hate Villa and not just cause I'm a Cov fan I just genuinely don't think your good enough for the prem

None of the the bottom three teams ever are. That's the point.

But we've had it coming for three seasons minimum. More if you discount the MON years.

post-18024-0-83390100-1425196697_thumb.j

Sherwood said yesterday than you need to win six from eleven but looking at the fixtures you have left I can't see you winning six games. You have enough games at home to maybe pull it off but even your next game against West Brom is tough because they have two in-form strikers.

I hope you go down, I hate Villa and not just cause I'm a Cov fan I just genuinely don't think your good enough for the prem

Ha ha, look at this cunt.

I was there when we put you down. Coming from 0-2 down to do you 3-2 and condemn you to obscurity.

Even if we get relegated, we will always have founded the league and won the biggest trophy in club football.

You're famous for almost being one of our local rivals.

Fuck off.

In fairness, the people who invaded the pitch during the game are idiots but were reacting (incorrectly) to the Baggies fans tearing up seats.

At the end, I can't blame anyone. Beating the Baggies in a quarter final, particularly given how bad we've been this season, is a big deal for us.