IGNORED

Royksopp - Melody A.m.

redbloodcell

a couple of weeks ago, I walked into Virgin with some vouchers I'd gotten for christmas. Nothing was really grabbing me at the time, so I decided to take a chance on something I hadn't really heard before (I'd heard the first track, but that was it)

oh.my.god.

Never, ever, in my entire life, has an album gripped me and kept hold of me like this. Sheer masterful aural beauty which I haven't been able to put down since I first played it (I've listened to it over 6 times today already)!

Pure magic.

If you don't own this album, go out and get it right now! If you do, put it on and appreciate just how amazing it is with me.

If you don't own this album, go out and get it right now! If you do, put it on and appreciate just how amazing it is with me.

I'd imagine everyone with a TV has heard at least one track on this album, the amount of TV commercials/programs that used it. "A Higher Place" is great but I kinda got bored of the rest years ago.

Anyway, for similar tunage to Melody AM listen to Ralph Myerz and The Jack Herren Band's "A Special Album".

Everytime I start listening to Royksopp, I end up listening to this. They sound a lot like Royksopp and they're also Norwegian and amazing.

As for the new Royksopp album, "What else Is There" is really nice, dunno about the rest.

Same here. I find Royksopp very boring.

I think thats sort of the charm. They're boring but in a relaxing, warm, comfortable way. Not boring in a "bad tracks on a Richard Ashcroft album" kind of way.

On Melody AM at least. The follow up was er...shit.