IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

22 minutes ago, ukmarkwilson said:

So, beat Palace, drew with both Scousers, smashed Stoke, signed another striker (turns out we already had Son) and cover for Dembele / Dier...

3rd place...?

If we keep playing Wanyama and Dier together then no chance, we were awful again yesterday until the former was subbed off.

I don't think I'd describe it as awful, the way they defence pushed up to the halfway line after the first goal and the team dominated possession until the break was pretty damn glorious.

Definitely missing Dembele though, he's become so integral to the transition between defence and attack it's unreal. I would imagine Sissoko has come to provide competition there, but I expect he wasn't quite up to speed yet. 

Maybe awful was a bit strong but it has been the same every game so far this season, Dier and Wanyma just don't work together and I hope we never see them playing together again.

For all the praise Poch gets for giving youth a chance, I really wish he would have given Winks some playing time while Dembele has been suspended, he looked really great in preseason and his passing and ability to control possession would have worked a lot better alongside Dier than Wanyma whose passing is average at best.

On 11/09/2016 at 19:37, Charliemouse said:

If we keep playing Wanyama and Dier together then no chance, we were awful again yesterday until the former was subbed off.

They do seem like they're supposed to be very similar - DMs who can tackle, put it about a bit and just get the ball moving forward. 1 is enough with Alli, Erikson, Lamela or another creative midfielder next to them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes, even the bloke whose been involved in the development of various stadiums in the country (including Wembley Stadium) says so.

To be honest I always thought that Spurs going for the Olympic Stadium was simply to give them leverage against their argument with Haringey Council that they had at the time (regarding the redevelopment plans of White Hart Lane), as well as a totally-serious back up plan.

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

But you always lose at Wembley. If you play all your home games there you'd be in danger of getting relegated.

Having seen Spurs at Wembley this season it is a concern that our form will dip but thats a little bit of a stretch, the allocation will hopefully be sorted properly unlike at West Ham so you get the same groups of fans together to help generate the atmosphere that was lacking in the game I saw at Wembley.

Edited by Shimmyhill

• 4 weeks later...

Very disappointed with the scoreline today. At least two of the Chelsea goals were from stupid errors, and possibly the third as well. Just not quite clinical enough when we had them on the rack in the second half.

We shoulda done more for our goal difference really.

Tense game because even in a one off this poor Arsenal team have a couple of class players but in reality it was pretty straight forward, Palace gave us more of a game in reality.

West Ham is a big game, can't see hem being as limp as Woolwich but a win there and its CL football for sure!

10 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

We shoulda done more for our goal difference really.

Tense game because even in a one off this poor Arsenal team have a couple of class players but in reality it was pretty straight forward, Palace gave us more of a game in reality.

West Ham is a big game, can't see hem being as limp as Woolwich but a win there and its CL football for sure!

A win actually secures second place