IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

16 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I think we need to keep it up for about twenty more years before we can get smug about it.

Indeed, but I think all us Spurs fans can all agree that the current team, and the future of our club has never looked stronger.

3 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Indeed, but I think all us Spurs fans can all agree that the current team, and the future of our club has never looked stronger.

Absolutely mate - if he can keep the team together (and we can play well at Wembley next season) it's an amazing time to be associated with the club what with the team being so young, the new stadium etc etc. It's the most exciting team I can remember in 40-odd years of supporting the club.

Yeah, the spectre of the full name of the team being "9th place Tottenham Hotspur" is certainly a fading memory.  Much rather have a side like the current Spurs one fighting it out at the top than the latest iteration of Poundland-Galacticos that is Man City or whatever the hell Manchester United is going to have to go through in order to realise their main problem is really that it turns out that Fergie was actually quite a good manager.

49 minutes ago, Jammy said:

They need to convert all this into a trophy at some point soon.

does the community shield count?

if chelsea do the double*, 2nd place in the league get the other spot**.

* all things being equal

** there are other permutations which allow for an Arsenal v Spurs community shield, obv, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, eh?

5 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Your lot played well, typical cup final performance from then - tres annoying but there you go!

Indeed, West Ham fans should really be questioning why their team can't play with that passion and intensity every week, maybe if they did, their position in the league wouldn't be as poor as it is this season.

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Your lot played well, typical cup final performance from then - tres annoying but there you go!

Think you will find it was your cup final. You had way more at stake than us. But anyway.  Slaven has finally put round pegs in round holes and we get a little unbeaten run. We actually played better against Everton and Sunderland.

16 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Think you will find it was your cup final. You had way more at stake than us. But anyway.  Slaven has finally put round pegs in round holes and we get a little unbeaten run. We actually played better against Everton and Sunderland.

Nah we had that against Chelsea last week, your lot playing to stay in the league and love to turn up once a year against the big boys so pretty std ;)

In fairness of all the run in games this was the hardest IMO even more than against Woolworth, Chelsea were never going to drop enough points and second is till well within our grasp/hands.

Yeah I think you guys lost the title when Chelsea didn't slip up against Everton and Southampton rather than here.

Away at West Ham is always a joker because, as you say, they suddenly remember they're a football team.

Chelsea going into the game against Boro just a point ahead would have spiced things up.

If Spurs could have taken it to the last day, I'd have fancied David Moyes at least trying to get the Sunderland team motivated to get a result so everyone could remember him for something other than being a joke of a manager.

On 06/05/2017 at 09:49, Dudley said:

Yeah I think you guys lost the title when Chelsea didn't slip up against Everton and Southampton rather than here.

Away at West Ham is always a joker because, as you say, they suddenly remember they're a football team.

Plus our away form hasn't actually been Stellar this season. Not beaten any of the big boys and a lot of draws.

Great way to see out the season at WHL - undefeated and an easy win against Man U, who would have thought we would be saying that 5 years ago!

Second place secured - progress and having been written off against Man City with Pep, Liverpool with Klopp, Arsenal going again with Wenger and Man U with Jose the only disappointing thing about this season are those early away draws that... ahh whats the point, fucking great season and send off for WHL :)

The best bit is the future really is bright, its Lillywhite! 

I was at the game today and all I can see is watching them on TV doesn't do this team justice, watching their pressing, movement, power and all round technical ability, in the flesh is a sight to behold.

I know it was only Hull today but in the 31 years I have been watching football, this Spurs team is the best I have ever seen.

• 2 months later...

Marcus Edward has signed a new contract until 2020.

That is quite possibly the best signing we could make at this time.  if we don't waste another 30 mill on yet more attacking players that have no impact on the team and instead this kid gets a chance  this season, then I for one will be very happy.

I really hope we don't buy another right back as well, if it means Kyle Walker-Peters is now Trippier's back up.