rllmuk

The Spurs Thread

Thinking of going long Spurs in fantasy football.

But the question is, who will he play? Son, Kane, Moura?

The dressing room is going to be in high spirits and they will thrash west ham.

10 hours ago, Scruff said:

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611fb580bc1134fec633

We're (West Ham) abject, have no confidence, a manager who refuses to change tactics and wants out the club with a payoff, a goalie who literally can't catch the ball, defenders who are scared shitless of playing in front of said goalie, no midfield and a striker who is best playing off other attackers so is naturally used in isolation. We're going to get absolutely thumped by you lot; absolute guaranteed 3 points for Spurs.

Joking aside, I can't see us losing tbh.

9 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Hmm balance that with it being your cup final tho...

We always bloody play West Ham with a new manager, Sure Poch’s first game was against them!

Maybe we'll see Dier take a staring role on Saturday too, JM is a big admirer.

14 hours ago, Scruff said:

We're (West Ham) abject, have no confidence, a manager who refuses to change tactics and wants out the club with a payoff, a goalie who literally can't catch the ball, defenders who are scared shitless of playing in front of said goalie, no midfield and a striker who is best playing off other attackers so is naturally used in isolation.

Are you describing Spurs here? ;) 

10 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Dier will start for sure, it will be interesting to see if Eriksen joins him though.

Seen a lot of photos and video footage from training the last couple of days. Not seen Eriksen in a single one. If he’s adamant he’s leaving, Mourinho will not have him anywhere near the first team.

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

Seen a lot of photos and video footage from training the last couple of days. Not seen Eriksen in a single one. If he’s adamant he’s leaving, Mourinho will not have him anywhere near the first team.

I have noticed that as well.

Personally I think he’s being stupid, he has has a contact worth 200k a week ready to sign since all year now and I really can’t see any of the big teams really wanting him.  

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

I have noticed that as well.

Personally I think he’s being stupid, he has has a contact worth 200k a week ready to sign since all year now and I really can’t see any of the big teams really wanting him.  

If he wanted a big move, he’s blown his audition by playing total gash since March. That Everton game was the last straw - how the fuck does a central midfielder play 90 minutes and make zero tackles ?

Agree with everything on Erkisen, what a fall from grace. 

Didn't catch it, but good result today, sounds like we need to tighten up to stop the late goals but that will come with time. 

26 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Agree with everything on Erkisen, what a fall from grace. 

Didn't catch it, but good result today, sounds like we need to tighten up to stop the late goals but that will come with time. 

With regards to Eriksen, he was fucking appalling today and one of the main reasons why West Ham were able to get back into the game.

Dele was fucking fantastic though.

• Upvote 1

With regards to Eriksen, he was fucking appalling today and one of the main reasons why West Ham were able to get back into the game.

Dele was fucking fantastic though.

Exactly. Also Dier was good and Winks. I also welcome us hoofing it long from goal kicks instead of faffing about at the back. Good start. 

Dier going to be a mainstay this season I think, and he'll gain confidence and drop those awful mistakes on the ball. I've been quietly relishing Sissoko being benched. 

Quite excited.  If we win on Tuesday we qualify for CL knockout with a game to spare, and beating Bournemouth on Saturday would really get the wheels greased. 

COYS

4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Exactly. Also Dier was good and Winks. I also welcome us hoofing it long from goal kicks instead of faffing about at the back. Good start. 

Not pissing around the defence after goal kicks was the highlight of the day for me - well after Dele’s amazing little bit of skill to keep the ball in play for the second goal.

We were always fucking awful at playing out from the back, so to see us not do it anymore was such a breath of fresh air.  It was also good to see Kane play like a total cunt at times today, and that was only after 2 days with Mourinho, just think by the end of the season, he could end up being more annoying than Diego Costa ever was.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Not pissing around the defence after goal kicks was the highlight of the day for me - well after Dele’s amazing little bit of skill to keep the ball in play for the second goal.

We were always fucking awful at playing out from the back, so to see us not do it anymore was such a breath of fresh air.  It was also good to see Kane play like a total cunt at times today, and that was only after 2 days with Mourinho, just think by the end of the season, he could end up being more annoying than Diego Costa ever was.

Absolutely. Playing out from the back is fine if you have the players to do it. We don't. We do however have a powerful front man who can draw loads of fouls. I think Sanchez was ok yesterday but a ball playing defender he never will be. 

• Upvote 1

Well, that was interesting. A terrible start, a very early sub when the manager realised something wasn’t working, a good game from Eriksen, and an excellent 2nd half. 

7 hours ago, Jammy said:

Well, that was interesting. A terrible start, a very early sub when the manager realised something wasn’t working, a good game from Eriksen, and an excellent 2nd half. 

Weren’t we told, we wouldn’t be exciting anymore under Mourinho ?

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

Give it time. He's not sidelined Harry Kane in favour of one his 33 year old mates yet.

I don’t think he will Dudley - he’s already made Kane captain and called him the best striker in the league, so I think he’s pretty happy with him. 

7 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I don’t think he will Dudley - he’s already made Kane captain and called him the best striker in the league, so I think he’s pretty happy with him. 

I am more than happy for him to sideline Rose though, he was fucking awful again last night.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

I am more than happy for him to sideline Rose though, he was fucking awful again last night.

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

@CharliemouseI don’t think he’d have played if Davies was fit.

Aye, Rose is never going to be a good "tuck into a back 3" style full-back, whereas Davies is pretty much perfect for it.

1 hour ago, redbloodcel said:

Aye, Rose is never going to be a good "tuck into a back 3" style full-back, whereas Davies is pretty much perfect for it.

I don’t think Rose is good at anything these days, Jan would be a far better alternative to Davies, or I would like to see us play Foyth at right back and play Sess as an attacking left wing-back.

Bad news about Davies injury, he's gonna be out for months.    

So your suggestions above will surely have to come into play now.

8 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Bad news about Davies injury, he's gonna be out for months.    

So your suggestions above will surely have to come into play now.

Oh fuck, I really like Davies, he isn’t flashy or particularly quick, but he’s far more reliable than Rose and overall a far better defender.

5 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Oh fuck, I really like Davies, he isn’t flashy or particularly quick, but he’s far more reliable than Rose and overall a far better defender.

Rose has been a better defender and attacker than Davies like for like until recently, it’s only because Rose has been so poor that Davies seems ok - he isn’t.

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

Time for Sessignon !

This.

10 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Rose has been a better defender and attacker than Davies like for like until recently, it’s only because Rose has been so poor that Davies seems ok - he isn’t.

This.

I disagree, the only thing Rose has over Davies is pace.

I disagree, the only thing Rose has over Davies is pace.

Rose in his prime was ten times the player Davies ever was, now they are both poor and neither should be in our team - they wouldn’t even make Arsenals first team these days they are both so bad.

Rose has never really come back the same player from that terrible injury and subsequent mental health issues. It probably hasn’t helped his mental state that the club have been openly trying to flog him for a couple of years and no-one has come in for him.

• Upvote 1

Feels like a longtime since we've had the winning games momentum, God damn I hope we win this weekend and the Mou love-in continues.