IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

1 minute ago, Jammy said:

If Skipp continues to play like he did in the first half, Winks has no chance of getting game time.

Yeah Winks is gone, we have enough midfielders as it is, especially if Dele is going to play as one of the 3 there now.

35 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Yeah Winks is gone, we have enough midfielders as it is, especially if Dele is going to play as one of the 3 there now.

Hopefully will take Sissoko with him.

54 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

One of the most jaw dropping moments at the Euros - finding out France took Sissoko! 

I think he came on at 3-1 up against the Swiss to ‘help see the game out’ :lol:

1 hour ago, Smoothy said:

So that funky swirly kit is out, it's our away kit, not even our third kit! 

I guess with our home kit being extremely plain this season, they wanted something louder for the away kit. It’s definitely not boring !

I dunno, this is a bit like having an extremely pointy guitar in an obnoxious colour - you have to be a bloody good player to not look like a total idiot.

8 hours ago, Jammy said:

I think he came on at 3-1 up against the Swiss to ‘help see the game out’ :lol:

I had to check - they were actually 3-2 up when he came on. I still can't believe he was in the squad. Imagine watching spurs last season and thinking any of our players are capable of 'seeing a game out'*

*Admittedly there was that small purple patch where we were luckily winning games without conceding despite having about 20% possession. 

I just can't see Man City spending £160M on a 28 year old.    He's worth it for sure, and he'll give a good 2-3 years at least, but looking at their previous transfer policy, it seems unusual.

If true - then the problem is if we get the deal done soon, it adds a good £10m to any other player we want to buy, and probably £20m extra for a striker. 

41 minutes ago, meatbin said:

I just can't see Man City spending £160M on a 28 year old.    He's worth it for sure, and he'll give a good 2-3 years at least, but looking at their previous transfer policy, it seems unusual.

If true - then the problem is if we get the deal done soon, it adds a good £10m to any other player we want to buy, and probably £20m extra for a striker. 

I could easily see Kane playing until his mid-late 30’s if his ankles hold up, elite sportsmen in general can keep playing for a lot longer these days and I am sure Kane keeps himself in top physical condition just like Ronaldo, Federer and Tom Brady do.

38 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

It’s a good start to the transfer window and if rumours are correct we should be signing a couple of centre-backs soon and selling the same number.

Toby going but who else? Sanchez leaving would be a dream. 

You all must be excited about Bryan Gil right? 

hang on let me also search 'lamela roma'...

no Gil's dribbling looks full proof

Can't believe his parents named him Bryan. Wikipedia says his full name is Bryan Gil Salvatierra. I'd just use Salvatierra all the time if i was him. 

Sid Lowe piece on him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/27/spurs-bryan-gil-fearless-old-school-winger-sevilla-dribbling

Spoiler

“When things are bad, players focus on making few mistakes. A kid comes in who goes for it and that can make you nervous. Or it’s raining and you think: ‘Let’s see if he can really do it.’ But he doesn’t back down, doesn’t care about getting kicked. He’s not the kind of lad who says, ‘Don’t hurt me’ in training or avoids contact. He dares to do, always seeking one-on-ones. He was like a street player who would go and go and go. And he had stamina and athleticism too, which surprised us.”

:o