The Spurs Thread

I'm hoping we are trying to leave this conference league asap and that last night was part of the master plan. Playing Winks is surely an indicator we were trying to lose. I honestly think he'd be completely average even in the championship. I'd sell Lo Celso as well. The sad thing is we are unlikely to get rid of any of the shit we've got clogging up the midfield.

Both Lo Celso and Winks were utter shite last night and I would add Doherty as well, none of the youngsters had a chance with those three playing like they just couldn’t give one single shit about the game.

We really have wasted so much money in the last three years, I can’t think of a single player we have bought in that period that hasn’t been a massive waste of money.

We are the complete opposite to Leicester when it comes to recruitment.

I really wouldn't mind if we get kicked out in a couple of weeks.  I thought it could be a good run for the youth, and that's still true, but it's still a distraction for the players and coaching staff.    Plus if we get the the knockout stage, I'm pretty sure we'd see some of the starting 11 creep in for selection.

But stick with playing the youths and see what happens I suppose - but it's an embarrassing display for Winks/Doch/Lo Celso 

Doherty and Lo Celso have been below average every time I've seen them. Lo Celso was clearly bought in with the aim to resell him for a profit. He's just not good enough - plus he has that annoying trait of picking up minor injuries all the time. Winks - I just want to see the back of him now. No idea what he's even supposed to be.

28 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Both Lo Celso and Winks were utter shite last night and I would add Doherty as well, none of the youngsters had a chance with those three playing like they just couldn’t give one single shit about the game.

We really have wasted so much money in the last three years, I can’t think of a single player we have bought in that period that hasn’t been a massive waste of money.

We are the complete opposite to Leicester when it comes to recruitment.

Hopefully Don Fabio will reverse that trend.

16 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

He really has to, our poor recruitment is the main reason we have fallen so far behind recently.

Holberg is the one decent signing we have made since we reached 2nd that season.

Yup, failure to replace with equal quality has really knackered us recently. He’s making the right noises, but remains to be seen if we can get any of these deals over the line.

21 minutes ago, Jammy said:

Yup, failure to replace with equal quality has really knackered us recently. He’s making the right noises, but remains to be seen if we can get any of these deals over the line.

It probably all depends on Kane leaving. I can only imagine how much Levy is relishing dealing with Charlie Kane.

The amount of players Spurs are being linked with is crazy. Anyone think Traore would be a good signing? Don't see it myself - he's a bit too much of a pace merchant with no end product (as seen on Sunday). Plus we've got wide players. A replacement for Ndombele is key. 

Strangest link of the day is the Christiano Ronaldo to Spurs rumour. Presumably at this point we’re just trying to take players who are really famous for wearing a specific shirt number and then making them wear the number 9 instead.

5 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

The amount of players Spurs are being linked with is crazy. Anyone think Traore would be a good signing? Don't see it myself - he's a bit too much of a pace merchant with no end product (as seen on Sunday). Plus we've got wide players. A replacement for Ndombele is key. 

We do need at least one more wide player though, neither Moura or Stevie are good enough, and we don’t really have any proper back up for them at all.

I don't Traore is a better overall player than Moura or Stevie. Yeah he's a beast, and brilliant at going past players, but his end product is poor. 

His assists/goals stats are well behind both Moura and Stevie for last two seasons, and I cant help thinking he looks better than he is due to playing for Wolves.

Ronaldo rumours are just that. 

1 hour ago, meatbin said:

His assists/goals stats are well behind both Moura and Stevie for last two seasons, and I cant help thinking he looks better than he is due to playing for Wolves.

Agreed - the report I read said he had a poor 20/21 with 3 goals and 2 assists (or the other way round) and said “…that was almost half his numbers for 19/20.” which for an attacker is still pretty poor.

1 hour ago, meatbin said:

I don't Traore is a better overall player than Moura or Stevie. Yeah he's a beast, and brilliant at going past players, but his end product is poor. 

Ronaldo rumours are just that. 

None of them are good enough really, but unless we are going to unearth a potential gem for a decent price, I feel we are stuck with what we have got and I guess it will have to do.

Our squad in general does lack a lot of depth, we are terrible in Europe last week and not one player looks good enough to start for us regularly if called upon.

But’s it our midfield that still concerns me the most, we are awful at keeping possession and we need to get rid of three midfielders and get two in before the transfer window shuts.

28 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

But’s it our midfield that still concerns me the most, we are awful at keeping possession and we need to get rid of three midfielders and get two in before the transfer window shuts.

Annoying thing about that is the two players who want to leave (Sissoko and N'Dombele) nobody is trying to buy, and the one player who clubs apparently want to buy (Winks) is refusing to leave! 

1 hour ago, redbloodcel said:
Pretty definitive, then. 

Not really.

this summer

this summer

this summer

Summer ends August 31st 🤔

Sounds like what he's really saying is that he'll stay for the Watford game, then it's "tara" as he up sticks for Manchester as they finally put in the £150 million bid on August 31st. 

😉

We've got him for one more season maximum, or perhaps just until January.

I wonder if things would change if we had a decent season... Some hope to cling onto I suppose.

In the meantime, let's just enjoy and appreciate the fantastic player that we have at the club.