IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

Will be interesting to see how Kane's season progresses. I've written him off before when he had those injuries and came back too soon and was starting to appear like late Shearer, barely moving. He's there now without the injuries, just in a depressed slump he always seemed in interviews too professional and not deep thinking enough to plunge into. Always one of the best in training, according to players and managers. Conte brought the best out of Lukaku right, Conte is probably slapping the misery out of Kane right now. 

Spurs are still in both domestic cups aren't they? Why mope when there's so much to play for? Why can't Kane look at it as another chance to win a cup with Spurs, something which had he left he wouldn't ever experience? 

Not that Spurs fans wouldn't be won over by loads of goals scored - including a few derby ones - from now until the end of the season, but is there a redemptive arc to Kane's season, get Spurs back champions league football again, win a cup. Then he gets his transfer and Conte quits in protest. Conte is available again and Man United still fail to hire him. 

Agreed, that was proper entertaining.

Emerson looked great, and Romero had lovely moments amongst some bad.    Overall happy with the new found energy and offensive football from our likely best-ish 11.

I like both Dier and Davies, but if we're going to play a back 3 then we're clearly due an upgrade in January.

32 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Agreed, that was proper entertaining.

Emerson looked great, and Romero had lovely moments amongst some bad.    Overall happy with the new found energy and offensive football from our likely best-ish 11.

I like both Dier and Davies, but if we're going to play a back 3 then we're clearly due an upgrade in January.

Davies was ok tonight. It's gotta be worth giving Rodon a go. Even Sanchez was ok when he came on but he is usually good in short spells. 

54 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Now that is a Spurs game!

Indeed, that’s the sort of game Spurs fans truly enjoy, loads of goals, some terrible defending and a few red cards to boot, heck even Winks had a couple of mazy runs and Kane may have broke into a sprint a couple of times as well.

16 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I think we can see where most of that January transfer window money will be going…

Hopefully midfield as PEH and Skipp are just not good enough and we don’t have any decent backup there either.

Skipp may come good but PEH can go, his passing is dreadful and he’s not athletic enough for a Conte coached team.

33 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Hopefully midfield as PEH and Skipp are just not good enough and we don’t have any decent backup there either.

Skipp may come good but PEH can go, his passing is dreadful and he’s not athletic enough for a Conte coached team.

Agreed. It's a shame as I think he is a genuine hard worker. I hope he comes good as he always seems to have the right attitude. His passing was bad last night though. Bizarrely Harry Winks looked really good I thought!?!

1 hour ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Agreed. It's a shame as I think he is a genuine hard worker. I hope he comes good as he always seems to have the right attitude. His passing was bad last night though. Bizarrely Harry Winks looked really good I thought!?!

PEH was fine in Mourinhio’s system as he didn’t have to run much, but he doesn’t have the pressing prowess Conte will demand, and yeah Winks did look strangely decent last night, he had a couple of mazy runs with that ball and even passed it forwards mostly.

15 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

PEH was fine in Mourinhio’s system as he didn’t have to run much, but he doesn’t have the pressing prowess Conte will demand, and yeah Winks did look strangely decent last night, he had a couple of mazy runs with that ball and even passed it forwards mostly.

It will be interesting if Winks somehow turns out to get more time under Conte. He might be well suited to the high energy style. Plus his passing is better - when he's not obsessed with going sideways.

13 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Well we are still crap, but now we just run around a lot more now.

Seriously though, January can’t come sooner so we can buy a midfielder that can actually pass the ball forwards and create some chances. 

Agreed. Clean sheet as well. Not too bad. Midfielder and a defender needed. 

As a fpl Son-owning Conte advocate who is now worried for two reasons, whatever the apparent permanent crapness of the squad and however poorly they did under Pochettino towards his end, the run for Spurs now could not be more favourable, Leeds at home, Burnley away, Brentford at home, Norwich at home, Brighton away, two hard games in Leicester away and Liverpool at home but then it's Palace at home, Southampton away, Watford away and that takes us into January...and though Conte hasn't had much time there is usually a new manager bounce with most clubs and other managers have come in and had quick upturns so..i don't watch spurs live.. not being a fan, i don't understand what's so difficult about having shots on target. It's like how Arsenal under Arteta to me just make football look hard, both of these clubs used to make football fun. Arsenal under Wenger would sort of struggle to score more than 1 after 45 minutes against a lower half team, bring Giroud on and then score 5 in a procession. You've scored 9 goals in 11 games, less than everyone but Norwich. arsenal are 5th now too? when did that happen?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jammy said:

A comeback win ! Shots on target ! Second half goals ! Running farther than the opposition ! 

Things I haven’t seen from Spurs in a while.

Kane had two or three chances to really make it safe at the end and had made the wrong choice every time. Overall a second half to build on. 

2 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Kane had two or three chances to really make it safe at the end and had made the wrong choice every time. Overall a second half to build on. 

We hit the woodwork a couple of times too. Could have been much more comfortable.

They were poor. I agree, I think there were a few there who’ve managed to play themselves out of the club - Dele, Ndombele, Doherty to name three. Passing was woeful, and I lnow Kane scored, but he looked so cumbersome lumbering around tripping over the ball or passing it straight to the other team.

Dele looks like when you give someone a third party pad to use to play fifa. No run button and the pass button is stuck at 50%

To think we could have got at least £50m for him a few seasons ago...

Doherty is just clearly not good enough. 

Ndombele is still a lazy player and looks like that's what he always will be. 

A masterclass in poor recruitment.