IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

To be fair we scored 4, 3 of them should have stood….

The offside was ludicrous. The 'foul' on the keeper was the same. We should still be winning that game though. Have to take the point as the first 30 mins were dreadful. Dele didn't put in a great performance. 

Also I see Lo Celso is injured again. I really want him gone. Absolutely useless. Are we contractually obliged to have one crocked Argentine in the squad every year? 

Doesn't the fact Spurs have gone from running the least in the premier league to running the most in games, an extra 15km per game say how much of an influence a manager can have? Even if it's just 'he's an angry Italian you're scared of'. There's been double training sessions but it's still a big turnaround. 

4th will be the most interesting battle for a long time, especially as some think Chelsea will slip further and 3rd will be possible too. (Chelsea currently 2nd but expected Liverpool get 2nd). 

3 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

Doesn't the fact Spurs have gone from running the least in the premier league to running the most in games, an extra 15km per game say how much of an influence a manager can have? Even if it's just 'he's an angry Italian you're scared of'. There's been double training sessions but it's still a big turnaround. 

4th will be the most interesting battle for a long time, especially as some think Chelsea will slip further and 3rd will be possible too. (Chelsea currently 2nd but expected Liverpool get 2nd). 

Other than Liverpool though - we haven't met the big players yet under Conti - not that the other teams have been easy pickings

I just hope Conte gets the transfer fund he has (presumably) been promised. If we miraculously get top 4 this season and have him for next season then we could see us looking decent again. 

Looks like he has decided that ndombele has to go. I am in total agreement. He's a good player but he doesn't look suited to this system.

One of the strangest rumours is this constant link to us buying Traore to play him at RWB. We've already got players who can't cross. We actually miss Aurier for his crossing ability! (Not missing his constant daft tackles though)

2 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

A stranger rumour is a Kane Lukaku swap because of Conte...even though Chelsea and Spurs hate eachother. 

Yeah that won't happen. Kane is far better than Lukaku for a start. It wouldn't be a good look for Chelsea either. 

2 hours ago, meatbin said:

Well that was a bit shit!  First half was laughable, we're lucky to come away at 2-0.

Still, it's not over yet - couple of goals at home and who knows.

At least we stopped Chelsea from scoring 😂

23 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Let's not kid ourselves - these players are fucking shit. Tanganga, Lo Celso and Rodon. FFS. This needs to be a clear out. I'd settle for a loss if it gets rid of some of these wasters. 

True, but the problem is at the club - reckon we could still buy the best players in the world - in 4 months time they'd realise its easy street - and just don't bother to turn up to play - it's that much of an easy ride. 

Spurs is a club good players go to die out. Surprised we still have Lloris - but he is probably waiting to retire on a Spurs pension

49 minutes ago, Jammy said:

Not sure whether anyone was expecting anything else from that starting XI. Most of them got battered by Mura the other week. Luckily the cavalry arrived.

There is always the hope that these players will eventually have some pride in their own performance. Sadly this is clearly lacking and most of them are just cruising. Ndombele couldn't even be arsed to jog off the pitch when substituted. Glad he got booed and hopefully we've got some gullible buyers in a league that requires less physical exertion. 

Dele with another performance that just rubber stamps his complete indifference towards being a professional footballer. He should just retire and live his life streaming FIFA on twitch. 

Just now, Stoppy2000 said:

There is always the hope that these players will eventually have some pride in their own performance. Sadly this is clearly lacking and most of them are just cruising. Ndombele couldn't even be arsed to jog off the pitch when substituted. Glad he got booed and hopefully we've got some gullible buyers in a league that requires less physical exertion. 

Dele with another performance that just rubber stamps his complete indifference towards being a professional footballer. He should just retire and live his life streaming FIFA on twitch. 

I was one of those who hoped that with a bit of time Ndombele would come good, but I just don’t think he gives a shit. Doherty is awful, Dele another one who seems to have forgotten what he does for a living. I trust Conte to recognise the dead wood, but I’m not sure I trust Hitchen and Levy to clear it and give Conte the backing to finally replace the quality of Dembele, Ericksen, Vertongen, Walker etc. Last four/five years of recruitment have been shocking, and this window and the summer will be a big test for Paratici.

Ndombele is on £200k per week and has at least 3 years left on this deal I think? No way we'll be able to find anyone who wants to pay him that much and a big transfer fee. I can see us loaning him out and us paying at least 25% of his wages. He's got us over a barrel. 

11 hours ago, Jammy said:

I was one of those who hoped that with a bit of time Ndombele would come good, but I just don’t think he gives a shit. 

It's funny that Nuno seemed to get the most out of him whilst getting the least out of everyone else. It's too bad he just doesn't seem interested now, seeing how much Winks has come on in a short space of time and wondering where Ndombele could be with the same level of buy-in is depressing. 

T

11 hours ago, Jammy said:

I was one of those who hoped that with a bit of time Ndombele would come good, but I just don’t think he gives a shit. 

I think this is most Spurs fan's thoughts.  He needs to go now, if he can't be bothered or is not committed enough to improving under a manger like Conte, then it's absolutely time for him to go.   What a waste, it will be difficult to shift him unfortunately.  

Yesterday's game shows how absolutely vital it is to get a striker in this month, with Son out we're relying on Dele or Berg to fill in for Kane - but more importantly we need competition for Kane! 

1 minute ago, redbloodcel said:

It's funny that Nuno seemed to get the most out of him whilst getting the least out of everyone else. It's too bad he just doesn't seem interested now, seeing how much Winks has come on in a short space of time and wondering where Ndombele could be with the same level of buy-in is depressing. 

Judging by how little the team ran under Nuno vs how much they run under Conte, I’m assuming the less physical style suited him a bit more. Conte won’t stand for someone strolling around the middle though. Reminds me of the Mourinho/Joe Cole situation when they were at Chelsea. Cole was able to adapt, but I don’t think Ndombele wants to.

2 hours ago, meatbin said:

So Erikson rumours are floating about... We'd get him for free and he's obviously played under Conte before...

Would you take him?   

(absolutely yes)

I’m surprised he’s allowed to play in the EPL to be honest, if he’s not allowed in Italy, but if he is, then great :)

As for having him back, I guess it depends which CE23 we’re getting - the one who did virtually nothing in his last 12 months at the club, or the one who was our most creative player.

Eriksen coming back would be an amazing feel good story. I just have reservations based on his awful last 12 months. But football is about those emotional moments so I think I would love to see him getting a massive ovation. Plus he's got to be better than Lo Celso. 

I thought he was just coming back to train?

I still have hope for Dele, I would also think with Son out he could play that position rather than the midfield position he is so ill suited too but keeps being put in.

43 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I thought he was just coming back to train?

I still have hope for Dele, I would also think with Son out he could play that position rather than the midfield position he is so ill suited too but keeps being put in.

It started off as a training offer, but there are rumours a few EPL teams, including Spurs, are talking to him about playing.