IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

25 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Thats not right is it? They have a game in hand so even if we beat them and win all our games they can lose to us, win all theirs and they are ahead?

Ah yes, I forgot they were 3 points in front.  

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I refuse to get drawn into top 4 talk when Arsenal still have 2 games in hand

Agreed - it’s not in our hands. Arsenal have got us, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd (I think) coming up. We have to keep winning our games (including the Arsenal one) and hope their good run comes to an end, and that Man Utd continue to stutter.

Second half performance was brilliant yesterday, quick passing and pushing forward - Conte must have had quite the half time talk… ‘FFS just pass the ball, they’re shite so go for it’ one imagines.

Kane is on another level at the moment, his general play was off the chart and some of the passes were just sublime and a shame he didnt get a goal but easily the best player on the pitch,

I hope Conte and Kane stay. Give Conte a couple more players and I think we'll have a good go next season. Bentancur is quality as well. Exactly the player we needed - not afraid to pass forward!

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Second half performance was brilliant yesterday, quick passing and pushing forward.

You could see earlier in the season what they were trying for, but passes in the moves were going astray because the accuracy wasn’t there. Now they’re getting used to that style and becoming better at the quick passing it’s starting to come together. They’re still a but pedestrian in midfield at times, but Bentancur has made a huge difference in the middle. 

12 minutes ago, Jammy said:

You could see earlier in the season what they were trying for, but passes in the moves were going astray because the accuracy wasn’t there. Now they’re getting used to that style and becoming better at the quick passing it’s starting to come together. They’re still a but pedestrian in midfield at times, but Bentancur has made a huge difference in the middle. 

Kulusevski is as important, between them they have been one of our best Jan windows ever IMO.

21 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Kulusevski is as important, between them they have been one of our best Jan windows ever IMO.

For sure, Kulusevski has so much more end product than Lucas has shown over the years. Going to be a great player for us I think. Add him to Bentancur and Romero and we have to acknowledge that Paratici has done a decent recruitment job so far - well, three out of four ain’t bad. The jury is out on Emerson.

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

Villa had a bad day today as Hugo was on form,  otherwise they'd have won this by half time.

I’m not so sure, Hugo made 1 outstanding save - the rest were routine and second half we blew them away - its been a few games now, our tactics seem to be to let teams run themselves in to the ground while we nick a goal on the break and then finish them.

The front three is incredible, best in the league by a mile at the moment :wub:

Villa were great in the first half but lacked killer instinct, and Lloris had a good half. On the other hand I was surprised Villa finished with eleven men as they seemed hellbent on kicking our players off the park, and succeeded in Doherty’s case. Hope it’s nothing too

serious. And I never thought I’d be saying that three months ago. It shows how good Conte’s coaching is that some players we thought needed moving on, like Dier and Doherty, are now players I’m happy to see on the team sheet.

Can anyone explain why Spurs can score 3 against Man City, 4 against Leeds, 5 against Everton, 2 against Man United, then 2 against Brighton, 3 against West Ham, 5 against Newcastle, 4 against Aston Villa...making it 28 goals in 8 games then can't score against Brighton and Brentford. Just asking as a fantasy football player who finally bought Son and Kane for Brighton and done that 'when I buy them they don't fucking score' curse thing. Every season teams chasing top 4 appear to not want it, it's bizarre.