IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

Absolute bonus is that it was an easy win so we should be fairly fresh for the quick turnaround on Sunday - loved how pissed off Son was coming off as he could see a few more goals tonight :wub:

We did well to keep a clean sheet, but that was not easy watching. 

Surely the Norwich game will be easy, right?! 

However, for now I'm officially a Geordie. 

1 hour ago, meatbin said:

We did well to keep a clean sheet, but that was not easy watching. 

Surely the Norwich game will be easy, right?! 

However, for now I'm officially a Geordie. 

Me too, I am going to spend tomorrow on my day off watching Vera, Whatever happened to the Likely Lads, listening to Sting, while drinking Newcastle Brown Ale.

Trying to get a ticket in the away end for Norwich game, worse case scenario is ill be in the home end - having been to loads of Norwich games this season at Carra rud we really shouldn’t have too many issues but……..

18 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

So... we can at least breathe better... till Sunday.

☺️

God, can you imagine us doing another last day horror show ? My head says no as we have something to play for this time, but I still bear the scars of that 5-0 at a newly relegated Newcastle.

Arsenal need to win with a 16 goal margin to overtake Spurs for 4th if Spurs draw and Arsenal win on the last day. 15 goals and it's whatever the next thing is that decides their fate. Which is pretty academic.

So anything that isn't a loss from Spurs in their last match is Champions League football next year. I can safely say that if they can't rise to the occasion against the very bottom of the Premiership who have only won 5 games in the league all season, they don't deserve it.

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

Just seen the Arsenal result 

If we draw on Sunday and Arsenal win, making it 69 points each, who ends up 4th?

4th appears to be key now to retain Kane it seems 

GD, which means Arsenal have to reverse a 15 goal deficit. Then it’s goals scored, and head to head record I think, which means we would win on all counts. That consolation goal at the Emirates looks pretty good now.

As an aside, since Conte took over, we’re third on points won, which could bode well if he stays and we back him in the summer transfer market.

The January transfer window has turned out to be great business - the two in have slotted right in and perhaps more importantly we got some of the dead wood out. Just hope they don't come back!

40 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

The January transfer window has turned out to be great business - the two in have slotted right in and perhaps more importantly we got some of the dead wood out. Just hope they don't come back!

Ndombele isn’t wanted in France, so he’ll be coming back, but I read somewhere that he’s going to be made to train alone.

1 minute ago, Jammy said:

Ndombele isn’t wanted in France, so he’ll be coming back, but I read somewhere that he’s going to be made to train alone.

I bet he's a real hard worker in training as well so he'll be in tiptop condition 🧐

Ndombele will go out on loan again.  Le Celso will be sold no problem.   I really hope we move on Moura, Winks, & Bergwijn.  

We've then got Gil, Clarke, and new signing Pape Matar Sarr to come back from loan.  

1 hour ago, meatbin said:

Ndombele will go out on loan again.  Le Celso will be sold no problem.   I really hope we move on Moura, Winks, & Bergwijn.  

We've then got Gil, Clarke, and new signing Pape Matar Sarr to come back from loan.  

Gil should be an easy sell. Clarke - not looking like he has any real first team prospects. Sarr? No idea - has he been any good?

Give us one new centre mid and two new actual wing backs and we are pretty much sorted I think. 

I would keep Gil myself but the other loaness can move on.

I would like to see us play with a 3-5-2 formation next season as I still feel our midfield gets outnumbered and outplayed for too often still, Skipp being back with help with this but I would love us to buy another midfielder as we do still lack creativity in that area of the pitch.

It’s a tough one, because whilst I broadly agree and we need a creative to bridge midfield/attack, especially against these low block sides, dropping to 3-5-2 means one of Kulu or Son isn’t going to play, which would be a shame. Although it could be argued that they often play 3-5-2 unofficially anyway, with Kane dropping back to provide.

Anyone here going on Sunday? Game has sold out, I couldn’t get an away ticket as allocation went in first round it seems so should have decent support!! I nearly couldn’t get a home ticket, they sold out yesterday too but managed to pick one up via a mate so hopefully will be watching Son score enough for the golden boot in silence :o 

I was lucky enough to go the last game of the season back in 2017 at Hull, I was sitting in the  home stand and I found it incredibly hard to keep quiet the seven times we managed to score that day.  That was such a great team and it’s a tragedy they never won anything, you have to think if Conte had been in charge I think we would have won a trophy or two with those players.

36 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

I was lucky enough to go the last game of the season back in 2017 at Hull, I was sitting in the  home stand and I found it incredibly hard to keep quiet the seven times we managed to score that day.  That was such a great team and it’s a tragedy they never won anything, you have to think if Conte had been in charge I think we would have won a trophy or two with those players.

That seems harsh on Poch, he built that team!

7 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Conte wouldn’t have stayed as long as Poch did with no financial support - it’s the board that killed any trophy progression and left the team needing a rebuild not Poch!

Poch is a little to blame as well, he made some terrible decisions when it came to transfers and his handling of the academy players was pretty crap as well.