IGNORED

The Spurs Thread

6 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Forster is a decent backup keeper as well. Not a bad start to the window. 

He’s English too, no point wasting an overseas spot in the squad on a back-up keeper.

16 hours ago, Jammy said:

Yep, he’s been guilty of a few howlers in league with Steve Hitchen. I have a lot more faith in Paratici and Conte. Perisic for free before we’ve even got to June, under the noses of Chelsea ? Yes please !

Feels like for the first time since probably Arnesen & Jol that the DoF and head coach are totally on the same page and Levy is just happy to sit back and let them get on with it. I imagine he'll still want to be involved with more significant contract negotiations *cough*Kane*cough*, hopefully that'll be enough to keep him occupied! 

7 hours ago, SimonG said:

Now thats a good start.... lets see who else we can get in before the start of pre-season.

Bastoni, also from Inter Milan. Left-sided CB, apparently like Romero but better passer and less aggressive. Also only 23. Conte wants him. Reports early yesterday morning said he still needed to be convinced he was ready for the PL, but there was a rumour swirling on Twitter last night that he’d agreed personal terms and a bid was going to be lodged.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don’t know that much about him, but he is a Brazil international so he can’t be a bad player. Not sure about his attitude though from my limited exposure.

"Whatever Conte wants, he should get - trust him" is going around a lot at the moment amongst Spurs fans.

I tend to agree with the statement, but Richarlison doesn't really sit with me, especially for the money rumored.    If he's happy to play as a Kane understudy then perhaps, but at the same time I'm not reading into much until transfers are are actually confirmed.

16 hours ago, meatbin said:

"Whatever Conte wants, he should get - trust him" is going around a lot at the moment amongst Spurs fans.

I tend to agree with the statement, but Richarlison doesn't really sit with me, especially for the money rumored.    If he's happy to play as a Kane understudy then perhaps, but at the same time I'm not reading into much until transfers are are actually confirmed.

He can play in any of the forward positions so he wouldn't be a bad squad addition. £70m is far too much though. He doesn't seem like he'd be happy playing back up to anyone either...

On 14/06/2022 at 18:04, SaintAnselm said:

I assume there’s no longer any criminal investigations ongoing anymore against him then?

He is under investigation for Sexual Assault although he is not under bail restrictions. This will change if he is charged. 

On 14/06/2022 at 18:04, SaintAnselm said:

I assume there’s no longer any criminal investigations ongoing anymore against him then?

From what I could make out, someone he was with has been charged. He’s been released pending further investigation.

I’m sure they’ve done due diligence.

I don't think he is under investigation anymore. Am sad to see him go but he's made it clear for some time he wants European cup football which we can't offer and we have a replacement in Moises Caciedo so it's a decent deal for Spurs in that he wasn't £40m and for us in that we got something for him rather than having him leave on a free next season.

Hope he does well for you.

5 hours ago, redbloodcell said:

Deal done

Along with Bentancur, Skipp & Hojbjerg the centre of midfield is looking extremely strong. 

That’s the strongest it’s been in some time, we can now get rid of Winks, GLC, and Dombele and hopefully get some decent money in for them.

• 2 weeks later...

The Athletic are reporting that Richarlison deal was finalised overnight and should be completed today - £50m.

I have no idea what Richarlison is like, but the fact we've now done 4 good transfers in JUNE is very good 

It’s a decent bit of business, he can cover all three forward positions and will be the best back-up to Kane we have ever had, he is also a complete shit-house which I feel we have lacked that after Lamela left.

We still need to get at least one centre-back in and a right wing-back, but overall this is starting to look like the best squad we have ever had in the Premier League.

There’s an awful lot of players we need to sell though, let’s hope the out-goings commerce soon.

43 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

It’s a decent bit of business, he can cover all three forward positions and will be the best back-up to Kane we have ever had, he is also a complete shit-house which I feel we have lacked that after Lamela left.

We still need to get at least one centre-back in and a right wing-back, but overall this is starting to look like the best squad we have ever had in the Premier League.

There’s an awful lot of players we need to sell though, let’s hope the out-goings commerce soon.

Sounds like Lenglet on a long term loan is close now, apparently he's really struggled at Barca but if I was to bet on any manager to significantly improve a CB it's Conte. 

1 hour ago, redbloodcell said:

Sounds like Lenglet on a long term loan is close now, apparently he's really struggled at Barca but if I was to bet on any manager to significantly improve a CB it's Conte. 

He will add some depth but if reports are correct we are only getting him as he’s cheap and available, and our preferred options are proving hard to acquire.

1 hour ago, redbloodcell said:

Don't think the attack has been this strong since Berbatov, Keane, Defoe and Bent were all at the club.

We have an attack up there with Liverpool and Man City now, personally I would sell Moura and buy a young English forward, if only to help out homegrown quota and also Lucas is far too inconsistent.