The Spurs Thread

I'm just hoping that Adebayor wants to get his own back on the Arsenal fans and will score a hat trick against them. A good signing imo, especially considering the market at this time. I take it now Crouch will be on his way now?

We need a couple more big signings though.

If we can get Leandro Damiao and maybe someone like Affelay or Marin to replace Lennon then I think we would easily challenge for a top 4 spot now that Luka is staying,

I bet Bale is over the moon with the Ade signing as finally he will get some assists for the all the wonderful crosses he puts in every game.

I think Internacional will want to hold onto Damiao until the end of their domestic season, but it'd be nice if we hammered out a deal now in the same way we did with Sandro. Don't think we stand a chance of getting Afellay or Marin but Lennon really needs some competition as he's gotten lazy again.

Affellay is what not 3rd choice at Barca now, so while I doubt he will join us if he has any sense you must be thinking of leaving soon.

I see we are in talks to buy Scott Parker, I am hoping he turns us down for the 4th time as we wont give him the silly money he got from Chelsea, Newcastle and West Ham.

I'm just hoping that Adebayor wants to get his own back on the Arsenal fans and will score a hat trick against them. A good signing imo, especially considering the market at this time. I take it now Crouch will be on his way now?

We need a couple more big signings though.

Crouch should be on his way but Spurs have been asking a ridiculous £10m for him. For a 30yr old Crouch who couldn't hit a barn door last year the £5m Stoke are said to have offered seems more than reasonable.

Now Utd have proven how bum-blowingly good their youth team is do you think they might let us have Berbatov back?

My ideal week:

Outs:

Modric - 30 m

Crouch - 5 m

Palacios - 5 m

Defoe - 5 m

Bentley - 5 m

Pavyluchenko - 5 m

Gives 55 m for:

Ins:

Berbatov - 15 m

Benayoun - free for Modric

Sturridge - loan for Modric

Cahill - 15 m

That Croatian bloke who isn't Modric or Rakitic (Milan Badelj) - probs about 10 m

A leftback - maybe Baines who knows, Everton are skint - probs about 15 m

Breaks even and saves our season. Jobs a good'un.

I should explain that the figures after the 'out' player's names are monies I expect clubs to give us. I mention this because I think it would be reasonable for clubs to expect payment in exchange for taking the likes of Bentley and Palacios off Spurs' hands.

I am not too worried yet as we have lost to easily the 2 best teams in league so I dont think its time to panic yet and I am sure our starting 11 for the next match will look a lot different to the one today.

Harry though did really fuck up big time today. I mean what was he thinking playing Kranch and Modric in the middle when its obvious we were gonna need someone in there who could tackle and be willing to track runners.

Also he has to be less rigid in the formation he picks and I think its time to try out a 4231 but this would requirs us getting a replacement for Lennon as he doesnt the brain or movement to play on the right as a inside forward.

We're missing pretty much every CM we have and it sounds like Modric was practically not there either today. I missed the game but when I saw the CM pairing I feared for the worst. Parker would be welcome, as would Diarra, and we're desperately missing Sandro.

VDV's out for several weeks now too, poor luck right there as we're going to have to wait to pair him up with Adebayor.

What do we reckon then: Modric - staying or going?

If the reports that Spurs could get £40 million plus Benayoun or Drogba are true, then I think Spurs will sell him, it's just very frustrating that we're not going to be able to re-invest this cash before the transfer window shuts.

To be honest, if he did stay, I think he'll will just get on with it and play as normal as soon as the window shuts, it must be a pretty big distraction for him at the moment.

£40 plus a player is a pretty good deal, but it may leave our season in tatters.

£40 mill and Drogba would be a great deal for us , if and its a big if we manage to get both Parker and Diarra tomorrow.

I am still hoping Levy pulls something out of the bag tomorrow like he did last year with VDV. Rossi is who I really want if we can off load our other crap strikers.

If the stories of Harry refusing to see Crouch are true though, then Harry can just fuck off ASAP as the sooner that lanky piece of crap goes the better. Even when he scores he annoys me and when he misses and pulls that fucking stupid smile he does, I just lose it.

Joe Cole, i'm carrying him towards north London as we speak, we should arrive at the Lane at around 6pm GMT tomorrow. Enjoy

If Harry could, I really think he would have got Joe Cole in, but thankfully for whatever reason , Levy doesnt want to let Redknapp bring in the players he really wants too.

Seems we are thrashing out a deal for Cahill at the moment. Not really sure if he is worth the money but I do feel he is a upgrade on Dawson and will start with Gallas or King if they ever get fit,

So we finally have signed Parker.

With a fully fit squad this is how I expect us to line up now.

Friedel

Walker - King - Gallas - BAE

Sandro - Parker

Van der Vaart - Modric - Bale

Adebayor

That would be lovely, I hope you're right.

Lennon can come on when needed or when VDV is not fit, and Huddlestone / Livermoore / Kranjcar can swap between Sandro / Parker / Modric.

Can't see King playing more than 10 games this season though, so Cahill would be a great addition, with Dawson in further cover.