Worst Boxart Ever

Max M

.::: I wouldn't be amazed if SCEA has a hand in it. The amount of FF- boxart they managed to f*ck up on the west-side of the Atlantic is monstrous. Protagonist + weapon seems to be enough. Oh, and make them look angry.

B00009WAUB.01._PE10_.Kirby-Air-Ride._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgkirbysairride.jpg

I can't understand the stance behind making Kirby angry.

"So let's make him angry, to hit home with the angsty crowd!"

"He is a pink ball who sucks up enemies."

"But it makes it more eXtreme!!!!"

"PINK BALL."

.::: I wouldn't be amazed if SCEA has a hand in it. The amount of FF- boxart they managed to f*ck up on the west-side of the Atlantic is monstrous. Protagonist + weapon seems to be enough. Oh, and make them look angry.

I'm not sure it is to do with SCEA actually. It's standard American pratice full stop. Americans I gather aren't too keen on boxart which is just game logo+company logo - or at least that's what they think. Until recently, all FF games had completely redone packaging. I guess it depends on the game. The ps1/2 FF covers are done in CG, but FF origins, tactics advance and FFIV are much more japanese style (2 of them are Amano art, and one is production art)

Maybe it's the target market changing, and no longer relying on fancy CG cover art to sell the game. More recent japanese imports have been getting better art

Striderm.jpg

stridercover.jpg

B00009WAUB.01._PE10_.Kirby-Air-Ride._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgkirbysairride.jpg

Truly hilarious comparison :P