Zelda Delay

Fucking exactly. I am now in the situation where I have to buy a shit TV so new Nintendo games don't look gash.

Well done Ninty!

Have you played the revolution yet? Aside from taht, stop fucking whiniing about something most average people won't notice, or won't care about if the games are engrossing.

anyone that thinks the delay is not to accommadate extra rev features - is bonkers.

either nintendo are seariously panicing about the quality of the title or they are fiting the new control system to the game. why is that so hard for certain people to get their heads around? they managed it with metroid prime demo (which wasn't designed with the rev in mind) - and the title is a far more valuable property to them on their NEW system...

FOR FUCKS SAKE ADD HI DEFINITION TO THE REVOLUTION YOU SPASTICS

Just tried to play some 480p stuff on the cube and the PS2 and the pixels are like, stupid big. On my screen, a single pixel from a 480p single gets blown up to SEVEN AND A HALF PIXELS. (1920x1200 / 640x480)

THIS IS SHIT.

Do you watch TV whilst on the phone to the Samaritans, persuading you not to put your head in the oven?

Do you watch DVD's with mates telling you to put the gun down?

This is the price you pay for early adopting. Well, that and a 300% premium compared to when it goes mainstream and you've actually got something HD to watch on your then old and outdated TV.

HD will be everywhere in 2-3 year time. i suspect nintendo will sneak this feature in, as if it was too meaningless to mention, at E3.

if not i think they will have made a serious misjudgement. standard xbox games don't look a million miles away from the 360's in 720p. it can't add that much to the unit cost - to offer as atleast an option.

This thread strangely reminded me about waaaay back when the N64 was still known as the Ultra64 and Zelda looked like this:

zelda.jpg

Oh, the nostalgia!!1 etc.

It still took some 3 years before OoT came out.

Anyways, no point to this post, just a trip down memory lane.

Is there anything that suggests hi-def games on the Rev are impossible? I thought it was merely something they're not enforcing.

Word has it that they've given it a pretty small amount of memory for a framebuffer, so it might not actually be capable of full HDTV.

I personally can't say I'm too fussed.

Do you watch TV whilst on the phone to the Samaritans, persuading you not to put your head in the oven?

Do you watch DVD's with mates telling you to put the gun down?

This is the price you pay for early adopting. Well, that and a 300% premium compared to when it goes mainstream and you've actually got something HD to watch on your then old and outdated TV.

o/\o

There's fuck all wrong with games at 480p. Even on a projector with a 90" screen they look fucking great.

o/\o

There's fuck all wrong with games at 480p. Even on a projector with a 90" screen they look fucking great.

I think some HD TV's make a right dogs dinner of SD images. Purely the fault of the TV of course.

Personally I wouldn't buy a HD TV unless it could display SD perfectly. It'll be a long time before the majority of what we watch is HD.

I think some HD TV's make a right dogs dinner of SD images.  Purely the fault of the TV of course.

Personally I wouldn't buy a HD TV unless it could display SD perfectly.  It'll be a long time before the majority of what we watch is HD.

I know technically 480p is not technically hi-def, but it's better than SD at 480i or 575i though. Do these HD TV's have problems just with the interlaced signals or with 480p as well?

I know technically 480p is not technically hi-def, but it's better than SD at 480i or 575i though. Do these HD TV's have problems just with the interlaced signals or with 480p as well?

I'm not sure. I think they are just rubbish at scaling the image up.

My PC monitor can handle s-video and composite but the image looks washed out, grey and blurry. It's probably something like that.

If you don't mind me asking, which projector have you got? :rolleyes:

It's this one:

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_1498586/127201.html

They probably don't make them any more - you can probably get much better models now.

It only has 484 lines but 720p looks great on it (Better than 480p from an Xbox 360).

A more recent model which costs about what I paid for mine 2-3 years ago.

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_15283499/127201.html

This one has 720 lines.