IGNORED

The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

Swiss, but apparently competes under a French licence. Not sure what that means to F1 officialdom.

It means for the purposes of F1 he's French and will get a French flag and anthem.

See also RBR and Force India which are both "British" but have assigned anthems.

Also Nico Rosberg who could claim about 4 nationalities.

Really highlights how good Jake is, admittedly he didn't have a clue about F1 either when he started,

That's not even remotely true, Jake had very decent knowledge before he ever covered a race for the BBC. He was dropping in 80s F1 references from day 1.

Just woke up, checked out the grid and wow. Seriously reconsidering watching it delayed. Will be good to see later how qualifying panned out, Ferrari really aren't at the races are they?

Off topic, was looking up F1 videos this morning and thought I'd check out the old Psygnosis games. In my head, F1 '97 was the best F1 game (World Grand Prix excepted but it wasn't on PC) until Codemasters got involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWwKEiWqZs

Oh dear.

What a qualifying session, loved that. F1 is back!

A rookie out-qualifying a world champion in equal cars by.. 14 places? Amazing job from Grosjean.

Anyone else think Lewis had quite a bit more time in that lap watching it on the t-cam? Looked less aggressive than usual, quite smooth actually, and was his first run. Will be great to see the McLaren boys battle it out tomorrow anyway, think Jenson is looking pretty confident. I think he thinks he might be able to out-think Lewis.

Not sure what to think about Maldonado, I don't really like him, and driving deliberately into someone is pretty unforgivable... everyone seems to have written him off as a pay-driver with little talent, but remember Monaco last season? He was awesome there. Being a bit of a Williams fanboy from the glory years I'm pretty excited, but would much rather see Senna up there.

Shame about Di Resta as well, got to be pretty disappointed with that. Also, Rosberg had a lot more time in him I think. Thought Brawn might have been insinuating he's a touch faster than Michael.

Very excited about tomorrow! I'll be desperately trying to wake up...

Just woke up, checked out the grid and wow. Seriously reconsidering watching it delayed. Will be good to see later how qualifying panned out, Ferrari really aren't at the races are they?

Off topic, was looking up F1 videos this morning and thought I'd check out the old Psygnosis games. In my head, F1 '97 was the best F1 game (World Grand Prix excepted but it wasn't on PC) until Codemasters got involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWwKEiWqZs

Oh dear.

Remember for a couple of seasons they had Psygnosis create the demo hot lap instead of using the in car camera from whoever was on pole?

Anyone else think Lewis had quite a bit more time in that lap watching it on the t-cam? Looked less aggressive than usual, quite smooth actually, and was his first run. Will be great to see the McLaren boys battle it out tomorrow anyway, think Jenson is looking pretty confident. I think he thinks he might be able to out-think Lewis.

I certainly think there was more time there. He wasn't on the ragged edge. It was also his 1st "banker" lap. He also aborted his 2nd run when it looked like his 1st lap was enough.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Remember for a couple of seasons they had Psygnosis create the demo hot lap instead of using the in car camera from whoever was on pole?

Actually, no, was that when it moved to ITV?

Wow, that Merc nose is hideous from the onboard, I didn't think the noses could look any worse.

Doesn't seem to be troubling their performance though. Red Bulls really don't look comfortable from these highlights.

God, it's so hard to warm to Kimi Raikkonen. I know he's coming from a long line of miserable bastards from his country, but surely after his time off someone could have given him some pointers on how to be a vaguely civil human being. I'm aware that he has a huge fan base, but I find him really objectionable - Mika Hakkinen was quite similar, but he had a fantastic sense of humour at times!

Ah well, doesn't really matter what I think if he starts performing I guess.

God, it's so hard to warm to Kimi Raikkonen. I know he's coming from a long line of miserable bastards from his country, but surely after his time off someone could have given him some pointers on how to be a vaguely civil human being. I'm aware that he has a huge fan base, but I find him really objectionable - Mika Hakkinen was quite similar, but he had a fantastic sense of humour at times!

Ah well, doesn't really matter what I think if he starts performing I guess.

I'm a big Kimi fan. Seeing him in his shorts brought back memories of Malaysia, just too cool for school but you know he'll be fast as fuck once bedded in

Oh, no doubts he's a fantastic driver. Just think if I was a reporter having to interview him, I'd have started to smack his face repeatedly with the mike. Possibly screaming at him to 'wake up' and 'smile, you fuck' :P

Oh, no doubts he's a fantastic driver. Just think if I was a reporter having to interview him, I'd have started to smack his face repeatedly with the mike. Possibly screaming at him to 'wake up' and 'smile, you fuck' :P

Search youtube for him, loads of funny moments and smiling from him - he is a legend!