The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

New series of Top Gear on BBC2 starts at 8PM

Just a heads up

What's the odds on Clarkson doing a "comedy" double opening of the show with a pre-recorded celebration of Hamilton winning the championship and then adding a little caveat in case he didn't.

Important point for the doubters: there was another driver who stayed on slicks, Jarno Trulli in the other Toyota. Trulli's last lap was 1:44, almost exactly the same as Glock's. It'd be almost impossible to stage that.

What a race. What a finish! I'm still shaking from all the excitement!

Fair play to Massa though - drove brilliantly and has really shown the doubters from the start of the season. Acted with dignity on the podium and was gracious in defeat in the press conference. Shame the same can't be said about the Brazilian crowd. Am sure it wouldn't be the same at Silverstone.

Still can't quite believe Lewis has done it - so so happy! :lol:

Should also add that Hamilton's lack of pace did look like a low aero profile. He was gaining on Vettel in the straights despite having an awful time in the corners and lower exit speed.

Why McLaren chose to do that though I don't know, maybe to reduce stress on the tyres and car.

You know what - once I let you get away with it. But you are being reported now. Not that it counts for anything, but nonetheless.

ban request: lying.

I thought you said you were leaving? :lol:

HamilMEGAton!

no wait, that doesn't work.

MEGAhamilTON? :)

By the way, who else noted Hamilton's rear light flashing, even when the track was totally dry? Bring it on, FIA geezers!

I'd kill them for that personally, though.

You see, now normally I'd laugh this off. But with the FIA and the stewards this year... :lol:

What a great race! :)

Too bad for Massa, this must have been a pretty hard pill to swallow, but he didn't do anything wrong really.

Shame about Coulthard being out of the race after 500m or so, though I guess some have had an even tougher day :lol:

(Also, for the Dutchies: Them not showing the full riders interviews on TV afterwards anymore, instead opting for the whining of some stupid comedian, makes them officially shit. Cunts.)

Fair enough if Trulli had a similarly slow lap. I'd still like to see it myself though, it seems too good to be true!

I love how angry Steve is getting even though the crux of his argument is a flawed analogy.

Yeah and he's telling on people now, so watch it.

I've just about calmed down, what a result for the 'arrogant cunt'

Hamilton is going to knock the back doors off that Pussycat Doll tonight, and shoe in for Sports Personality too I'll wager.

Arrogance is natural when it has a platform. David Haye's fine by me for example, because of what he does to back up his talk. F1 hasn't been true to its roots for well over a decade. Plus, it's massively elitist from karting onwards. You can look at the lack of talent at heavyweight and there's no-one to blame for barriers of entry; there are none.

This. Far too many english sportsmen lack the nasty edge required to win at all costs. He's cold ruthless and pretty fucking good, you don't get there by accident and you don't stay at the level without being a bit of a bastard.

Pity my brother never had it, I think he'd have won alot more than he had if he did.

Yeah and he's telling on people now, so watch it.

You seriously think I should sit back while some 14 year old with a less than 200 post count keeps calling me a prick? It may get heated but people usually act with a degree of manners about it. As someone said, isn't this supposed to be a better crowd than the football thread?

You seriously think I should sit back while some 14 year old with a less than 200 post count keeps calling me a prick? It may get heated but people usually act with a degree of manners about it. As someone said, isn't this supposed to be a better crowd than the football thread?

Perhaps if you stopped acting like one? Nice touch with the post count thing too

Perhaps if you stopped acting like one? Nice touch with the post count thing too

Right so these days if your opinion differs here you are a prick? All the tough guys are out today it seems.

None of this would ever happen if I was just allowed to voice my opinion like everyone else in this thread. But because I don't share other peoples views I'm always expected to explain myself.

But you're in here just to troll. It was obvious someone wasn't going to be able to ignore it, so I imagine you're pretty pleased you can misdirect your silly rage about Hamilton onto an anonymous forumite. Post count LOL, btw.

I hate Hamilton, I think he is a cunt.

TROLL LOL.

I am entitled to my opinion and I won't be watching F1 again. there is no one I give a fuck about in it anymore.

I guess that means you were watching this year for Coulthard, is it?

ANYWAY.

While it was a truly amazing finish (my heart was going like the clappers after Vettel went past), you have to feel sorry for Massa. He was absolutely gutted but managed incredible dignity both immediately on hearing the news and in the press conference. Going to be a great few years of competition with these talented youngsters around.

Absolutely amazing.