The Formula 1 Thread

Nick_L

I can't believe he drove past the pit entrance, while on fire. What was he thinking. :lol:

As I said, I think it was the safer option, far too many people down that pit straight with how much fire was coming out of that engine.

I can't believe he drove past the pit entrance, while on fire. What was he thinking. :lol:

I think it was safer him stopping on the start finish straight than taking a flaming car down the pit lane

Webber was never going to yeild there. If he really felt he was faster he should have tried to plant a move in a slightly more sensible place or, as Championship leader, you know, thought about that and cooled his heels a bit.

Maybe he should have squeezed Webber into the wall, like Alonso did to Vettel at the start.

From memory the rules state that Webber has to yield if the front of his car is behind Lewis' head. It was borderline I think but Lewis did try to leave room anyway. Hence the racing incident call.

Maybe he should have squeezed Webber into the wall, like Alonso did to Vettel at the start.

From memory the rules state that Webber has to yield if the front of his car is behind Lewis' head. It was borderline I think but Lewis did try to leave room anyway. Hence the racing incident call.

That was my understanding of things, if the front half of a car is in front going into the corner, it is in the lead and has track position, however Webber had the inside line.

Schumacher was atrocious and dangerous once again today.

Kubica was a bloody marvel today. That was such a rush watching him make all those passes. MacLaren really didn't seem to have the fight in them, apart from the Lewis move.

The race director and some of the camera positions were a bit shit though. Like the cut to the Redbull team after Mark made that early over take, he'd literally just passed Koby(?) and was speeding towards the wall and the camera cut away. Nothing actually happened there, but it could. The camera positions too, some were behind trees and another was obscured by waving flags. I suppose being a fairly new street circuit some things still need to be worked on.

Aside from that the race had some nail biting moments and was exciting to watch.