IGNORED

Test Drive Unlimited

Steve007

What's the story with car showrooms? I decided to visit them all today for 2 reasons. To get a look around the island and because it says the bike showrooms open when I've found them all.

I got all the ones on the in-game map. Then I noticed at least one on the paper map which wasn't on the in-game map. Just found it (a Lexus showroom) and I can't enter it. Do I need to complete a number of races/missions before they all open?

[EDIT]

Never mind, I found one on the in-game map which I had missed after all. But I suppose the question still stands with that Lexus showroom.

Where is the Lexus showroom?

This was an hour ago... maybe they're back up! Will check soon!

Was working for me when I had a spin at 9.30 pm. But it did that earlier this afternoon - I just reset, and it was fine.

What's with the Drive-Ins. Is it actually possibly to beat any of them? Do you need to jump in before someone with a ultra-charged Saleen jumps in and does 700kph?

Haven't been able to do a single one.

However, I'm currently sixth in the world at one of the standard speed challenges. I have to admit, that does make me slightly proud. :)

Still loving the game but have 2 minor niggles:

1. The GPS lady will say" turn left" when you are absolutely level with the junction doing 150+. A little warning here please missy!

2. The bikes are very thrilling but seem to have the turning circle of a jumbo jet.

Any chance those type of things can be patched?

I've started ignoring that woman on the point to point model missions. There's one that gives you a 3 minute odd time limit and you go round the houses, whereas you could finish it in 40 seconds or so if you get creative (i.e. drive the wrong way down the freeway). What also annoys me is that some of the map suffers from NFSU2 syndrome, as in if you take a wrong turning or if you want to cut across somewhere to get there quicker you can't because there's barriers for miles and miles and miles. I took a wrong turn on the Enzo delivery and the recalculated course went from 1.3 miles to 9.2 miles :)

So, does this game have an intro sequence ? In addition, it seems that one of the "missions" involves taking someone to the airport. Is this airport "busy" ? By that, I mean "are there airliners taking off and landing at regular intervals" ?

I know that these might sound like irrelevant questions, but there's nothing worse than having a working airport with planes that take off and land in a rubbish manner. You know what I mean. Lifting off the ground without rotating first. Having only two speeds (slow when on the runway, and then supersonic the instant after they leave the ground). Wheels that disappear in the blink of an eye, rather than a smooth undercarriage retraction.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What the fuck is he talking about ? It's just that stuff like this matters to me.

If you must check these sort of details out for yourself and get a close up view of take off etc there are details on the official TDU forum of how to get a motorbike into the airport area

I've started ignoring that woman on the point to point model missions. There's one that gives you a 3 minute odd time limit and you go round the houses, whereas you could finish it in 40 seconds or so if you get creative (i.e. drive the wrong way down the freeway). What also annoys me is that some of the map suffers from NFSU2 syndrome, as in if you take a wrong turning or if you want to cut across somewhere to get there quicker you can't because there's barriers for miles and miles and miles. I took a wrong turn on the Enzo delivery and the recalculated course went from 1.3 miles to 9.2 miles :)

you could have just U turned and gone back on yourself dude

Ok so the game made me buy an 360 and a 19" LCD HD TV to play it on (also got dead rising) and I must admit it was pretty much worth it <_<

Done a fair few of the minor races and model missions and a few other things too. And I just bought an F430 to go bombing about in. Need to start saving for an "e" rank car now though, as that's what all the current missions seem to need.

The media features of the 360 really lend themselves to this game as well, being able to listen to decent tunes while doing 180mph on a freeway is a great feeling. Love it.

you could have just U turned and gone back on yourself dude

I know, but if I'd have done U-ey I'd have risked hitting the walls or oncoming traffic and lost me perfect bonus :(

RE: TDU and custom soundtracks - Yeah, I have a new iPod and the functionality of plug and go is awesome :unsure: Alic In Chains Unplugged for that sedate wandering around the island, or SYL for that intense racing? Hmmmm decisions decisions <_<

is they a certain way to join the test drive unlimited server as every time i start the game says server is unavaible only had the game a day so do i need to get to a certian point in single player or is they something else i am missing

Have you done the checks in the manual concerning your NAT? You may need to make some tweaks to your network connection.

Hahaha. I live where that 72 is. :o

Are you serious?!

So you spend your evenings doing virtual driving around the roads you see every day when you leave your house? That's... odd.

I spent the best part of 2 hours driving around looking for the car dealerships. I must be fucking mad. Thing is, I couldn't stop meself. Fucking awesome.

Also, they need to ask Bizarre for the photo mode from PGR3. I had 8 million* oportunities tonight for awesome shots and couldn't wrap my head around the shit controly method.

*Approx