IGNORED

Test Drive Unlimited

Steve007

I noticed on my Agusta that leaning forward netted an extra ~15 MPH.

Handy tip that.

Anyway, where are the photos I take? It says I can get them from the official site, but I can't seem to find where to get them on the site.

Shame you can only upload 1 every 24 hours and the only option is the site. Should be able to at least save them to a memory stick or something.

Just ordered this. Quick question - I've been playing the demo quite a bit over the last few days and its crashed on me a few times. Is this a problem in the retail game?

Also, (stupid one, this) how much variety is there in the scenery? I know the island is huge, but I'd be ineterested to know if there's lots of mountainous areas and stuff to explore, or if it's a bit samey.

Just ordered this. Quick question - I've been playing the demo quite a bit over the last few days and its crashed on me a few times. Is this a problem in the retail game?

Also, (stupid one, this) how much variety is there in the scenery? I know the island is huge, but I'd be ineterested to know if there's lots of mountainous areas and stuff to explore, or if it's a bit samey.

I've had a couple of crashes on Live but no problems when playing off-line (the game saves your progress frequently so its no huge deal).

As for scenery, its pretty varied for a single real-life geographical location - you have mountains and areas of volcanic deposit, beaches and woodland for example. Some of the textures in the mountains look pretty ghastly up close but its not a deal breaker.

Oh teh noes! Mountains have shitty textures! Whatever will we do?!?! I know lets drive around the FUCKING HUGE ISLAND and marvel at the technical brilliance of it all.

Edit: actually thats needlessly sarcastic, but teh point stands - it's not gamebreaking or even vaguley noticable when whiping by at 200 mph. Or maybe thats just me.

I just played this game for 5 hours straight. It truely is gaming crack.

I love the car delivery missions. Especially driving behind some slow car, wondering if you should risk overtaking. Finally decide to do it, suddenly see a car driving in the opposite direction straight towards you and then narrowly escaping a crash... AWESOME.

The car deliveries are my favourite part as well. I think it's because I do try get to the destination without a single scratch which like you say involves actually getting stuck in with the the traffic flow. Really emphasizes the sense of speed and accelleration when you do put your foot down. Speaking of which, wish the Microsoft wheel was out, this would be superb with it.

That's not a bug, it doesn't need fixing. The GPS isn't designed for someone travelling at 200MPH.

Ignore the spoken GPS. Use your map and arrows.

Exactly. I use the arrows and glance at the map instead of relying on the voice while travelling at speed. Which would be most of the time.

There's also a $70,000 speed challenge that can be completed in fifteen seconds, so it's possible to earn about $140,000 every minute just by rinsing and repeating.

Where is this speed challange on the map? I need some quick cash for a new house.

And while I'm here, does anyone know of any other big money prize challanges?

Where is this speed challange on the map? I need some quick cash for a new house.

And while I'm here, does anyone know of any other big money prize challanges?

on the map you got -

it's about 5.8 along the horizontal, and 9/10ths of the way down E nearly at F.

if that helps. Just turn around when you start the challenge, and bomb up the rhs verge.

it may be blocked until you get to champion level though.