IGNORED

Test Drive Unlimited

Steve007

That's not a bug, it doesn't need fixing. The GPS isn't designed for someone travelling at 200MPH.

Ignore the spoken GPS. Use your map and arrows.

:) I know, i was just bitching. Thanx for the tip though.

After driving for 30 minutes in crazy speeds, even the arrows seem to melt in front of my eyes...

What a glorious and magnificent game this is...

This game just gets better and better.

Won the $200,000 'tour of the island' race last night, first time. (Untuned Koenigsegg, fact fans.) I know it's 'just' a game, but it was tense and exciting and I was rewarded with a nice sense of achievement at the end.

It's been quite a while since a game did that.

How long did that take? I've just unlocked it and it looks a monster.

46 minutes!

The route is a bit twisty to start with, but then opens up and you can go 200+ Mph for stretches at a time.

The AI racers are fast, but over cautious when it comes to high speed bends.

As mentioned above, when you're bending the needle round the end of the speedo in a supercar, the GPS is a little late to the party, so you spend most of the time flicking between looking ahead, and at the GPS :)

Thankfully, no. Your enemy on this one is hills and bumps, as they don't show on the map, and you can't steer in the air!

Amen to that. The traffic sometimes is just so obviously trying to hurt you that makes the game look more like Burnout. I will never understand why an AI car that goes straight decides to turn right and come right at me... :)

Does anybody know how to get the 'Ace' ranking? I know its to do with getting 100% of the achievements... but how the hell do you get the 'trade' achievement when trading isn't even working?!

I am pretty sure that Stroker has the Trade achievement. [/stalker]

Can anyone recommend a category D car? I went with the Aston Martin but even tuned up it struggles with the cat D time challenges so I'm guessing there is something more powerful out there.

Really? Fully tuned DB9 was perfect for me. Got about 450 miles just on that car. Even though there are no more Class D challenges I can't bring myself to sell it off. We've become very attached.

EDIT: Also, re: the trade thing, the trading has been working on and off the last couple of days. See the official forums. Some players have lost millions, though. Like the club thing, you didn't always get what you paid for.

So, even though I've managed to reach "expert level", I still feel like a total amateur at this game. I still haven't seen a good portion of the island either.

Oh yeah, and where is this Ford Island thing I've unlocked?

South-east ish. It's a small island connected to the mainland by a very long bridge. There's landmasses surrounding two sides of it - it's "in" a bit so don't look for it out past the coast.

Just finished the 1,000,000are challenge. I failed by six minutes.

What i don't get is how do you know if you are doing alright time-wise? I thought that if i hit all the checkpoints before the timer run out each time i would be ok. So i finished the last checkpoint and i had 1 minute left in the timer. But i failed.

Can someone explain this?

Yes. You were too slow. Go faster.

Yeah man, whatever. I meant if someone can explain what the timers are and if there is a way to know how am i doing time-wise while i am racing. Since you cannot understand what i am sayin, please stop posting obvious shit and go have a wank to ease that over used mind. Maybe something original will come out of it :)

Yeah man, whatever. I meant if someone can explain what the timers are and if there is a way to know how am i doing time-wise while i am racing. Since you cannot understand what i am sayin, please stop posting obvious shit and go have a wank to ease that over used mind. Maybe something original will come out of it :)

olo yuo flaems me badd.

I've saved the Millionaire Challenge until last, and I'm about to do it now. After that, I'm pretty much done with the solo game, beyond a few more bloody car deliveries and jittery fucking hitch-hikers.