IGNORED

Test Drive Unlimited

Steve007

I took the Caterham for a spin, loved it, decided to try and save up for it.

Except I can't seem to do the E class challenges. Going past speed cameras? Too slow. Time trials? Too slow. Delivery mission? Failed by crashing straight into a police car, meaning a huge $10,000 fine and having to pay $4,000 compensation to the guy who asked me to deliver the package.

The end result? I have less money now than I started the day with.

Bother.

Except I can't seem to do the E class challenges. Going past speed cameras? Too slow. Time trials? Too slow. Delivery mission? Failed by crashing straight into a police car, meaning a huge $10,000 fine and having to pay $4,000 compensation to the guy who asked me to deliver the package.

Bother.

Might I suggest you purchase a Skyline and make your life hell of easy.

I took the Caterham for a spin, loved it, decided to try and save up for it.

Bother.

Get your car tuned at least once (see the map for locations) - raise cash for this by perfect car deliveries.

Speed tests and races completed and only 3 time trials left in the singleplayer mode, all with heavy traffic and one with damage time penalty attached. Gah :(

I think I'll take a break and try to explore a bit more - only around 66% of roads discovered even with 5000 miles on the clock to date.

Yay!

I now have an Xbox 360 and TDU, so I'll be joining youse lot online tonight.

But please, please, please:

MV Agusta, not mv augusta or any other variation.....

if you're into motorcycling, it's the equivalent of someone always talking about Ferrarrri or Lamborginnnni.

Right, just got this and it's crashed twice when I've got a message off someone and pressed the Xbox Guide button. Has this happened to anyone else? The game carries on running in the background but the guide screen freezes.

Going to the guide when playing has crashed the game for me, too. Same symptoms.

Just finished the 1,000,000are challenge. I failed by six minutes.

This is really pissing me off, my closest time has been just over 61mins in the Enzo,

I refuse to "cheat" and attempt it on a bike :angry:

Right, just got this and it's crashed twice when I've got a message off someone and pressed the Xbox Guide button. Has this happened to anyone else? The game carries on running in the background but the guide screen freezes.

Happened to me as well.

Someone mentioned that fully tuning the Caterham turns it into a suicide machine. Is only tuning it to the second step okay?

A fully tuned Caterham is a death machine that proves that the handling aids are not always fundamentally useless.

Okay, I have $700,000 in the bank and I need to buy a Class A. I've been seriously eyeing the thunderously quick CCS8 and the Enzo, but what would you lot recommend?

Happened to me as well.

It happened to me a couple of times last night. I'm not sure it was the machine. Could it have been a Live problem? Because Live was being a little flaky for me last evening. That pause seemed to be it trying to communicate with Live and if left long enough, it would either eventually be successful or the connection would fail and the game would then continue.